Cplus

Vintage Value - Hotshot, Wild Willy, Frog, Hilux, Bruiser

Somebody thinks they are funny. I suppose this video is in response to the lack of any new news. Give it a rest, this isn't somebodies 9-5 job, this is some recouperation exercise and perhaps he also has a serious case of the OCDS like I get every now and again. If you would like an example of mine, here goes. I bought a "nice runner" HotShot last year from a fellow TCer in the NORTHERN HEMISPHERE for over $125. IT has sat in my ready room for just over a year now and I have finally taken it apart. Needless to say the used gold wheels with new tires are about the ONLY thing worth any money on the whole kit. I feel a little taken on the deal as it is a real hodgebodge of a HotShot, but I will have to take it as a lesson learned, I really should have pulled it apart last year when it got here and then given the seller/trader a right piece of my mind on what I felt the true value of the car was, closer to HALF what I paid for it when you assess all the things wrong with it and the scrapping of all things but the chassis and roll cage. REALLY, that few pieces of chassis and the wheels are all that is good with this "DEAL"
So, back to this lot, I think he is taking his time with pulling them apart, inventorying the parts, checking for bad pieces...ALL THIS WHILE regaining his strength from the aforementioned injuries. Heck for all we know he still has some Physical Therapy to go to at all times, let alone the financial things that could be going through his head. I put that last one in since I just got to send a big fat check(READ 2 NEW EGRESS KITS WORTH) to the IRS for under taxing my employers did to me last year. Now I get to fix that with my employers AND I get to talk to my mortgage folks about giving me a break on escrow payments since the taxes are about to go up on my house as well. AIN'T IT GREAT BEING A GROWN UP??????????? NOT ALWAYS. LOL

Have a fraking nice day

• Like 1

I've done SFA with it all so far. Have agreed with my mate just today what to sell first and actually what to not sell at all.

As I said, I've also got a TRF418 to build first, and I'm taking that slowly too. My energy levels are shot and concentration limited. Then the rehab I NEED to do if I have any chance of being normal again takes precedence.

If you don't like that and I'm taking too long you can GEAD. A few more months is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

• Like 1

Well, there is a response, I figured I had it right, but that is also because it was something similar that got me my first HotShot. The guy that put it together was recovering from a bad auto wreck, so his parents bought him a HotShot to tinker with while he was getting better. I am so glad my dad knew his parents as it was what got me into this crazy hobby. I don't have THAT HotShot anymore, but I have one, so I am a happy camper. and CPlus, you gotta tell me offline what GEAD means. I can't wait, I woulda used something like GTH, but that might not be understood everywhere either. I am full of them, but most Texans are a bit brash. LOL

• Like 1

I've done SFA with it all so far. Have agreed with my mate just today what to sell first and actually what to not sell at all.

As I said, I've also got a TRF418 to build first, and I'm taking that slowly too. My energy levels are shot and concentration limited. Then the rehab I NEED to do if I have any chance of being normal again takes precedence.

If you don't like that and I'm taking too long you can GEAD. A few more months is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Just looking for an update. that's it, that's all. :)

OSR

Somebody thinks they are funny. I suppose this video is in response to the lack of any new news. Give it a rest, this isn't somebodies 9-5 job, this is some recouperation exercise and perhaps he also has a serious case of the OCDS like I get every now and again. If you would like an example of mine, here goes. I bought a "nice runner" HotShot last year from a fellow TCer in the NORTHERN HEMISPHERE for over $125. IT has sat in my ready room for just over a year now and I have finally taken it apart. Needless to say the used gold wheels with new tires are about the ONLY thing worth any money on the whole kit. I feel a little taken on the deal as it is a real hodgebodge of a HotShot, but I will have to take it as a lesson learned, I really should have pulled it apart last year when it got here and then given the seller/trader a right piece of my mind on what I felt the true value of the car was, closer to HALF what I paid for it when you assess all the things wrong with it and the scrapping of all things but the chassis and roll cage. REALLY, that few pieces of chassis and the wheels are all that is good with this "DEAL"

So, back to this lot, I think he is taking his time with pulling them apart, inventorying the parts, checking for bad pieces...ALL THIS WHILE regaining his strength from the aforementioned injuries. Heck for all we know he still has some Physical Therapy to go to at all times, let alone the financial things that could be going through his head. I put that last one in since I just got to send a big fat check(READ 2 NEW EGRESS KITS WORTH) to the IRS for under taxing my employers did to me last year. Now I get to fix that with my employers AND I get to talk to my mortgage folks about giving me a break on escrow payments since the taxes are about to go up on my house as well. AIN'T IT GREAT BEING A GROWN UP??????????? NOT ALWAYS. LOL

Have a fraking nice day

Crash you are wound tight man! lololol :)

OSR

Well, there is a response, I figured I had it right, but that is also because it was something similar that got me my first HotShot. The guy that put it together was recovering from a bad auto wreck, so his parents bought him a HotShot to tinker with while he was getting better. I am so glad my dad knew his parents as it was what got me into this crazy hobby. I don't have THAT HotShot anymore, but I have one, so I am a happy camper. and CPlus, you gotta tell me offline what GEAD means. I can't wait, I woulda used something like GTH, but that might not be understood everywhere either. I am full of them, but most Texans are a bit brash. LOL

I think there is a S missing in the middle of GE_AD. Am i right?:-D

so i'm here to close out this thread now that a decision has been made what to do with all this lot!

58028 - Tamiya 4x4 Pick-Up

For now this one is going no where. It has gotten a light dust and a check over for anything broken and has been placed on the shelf.

58035 - Wild Willy Willys M38

again, going no where. this was my mates first ever RC, it is going on the shelf - damage and dust included. I have some spares with me that will be sold off though as well as some electronics and batteries from the era.

now that leave three more....

these have made their way to my work room, along with the spare plastics, stickers, posters, radios, batteries, chargers, boxes, manuals tyres&rims, phew!! mouthfull - oh and screws!

09AEBEC7-3116-4BFE-ABE9-C41D6CDF84D2_zps

58048 - Toyota 4x4 Pickup "Bruiser"

this is in OUTSTANDING condition and has never been run - never even had radio gear installed. I plan to clean minimally as required and check to make sure the gearbox and the like are not dry - then onto eBay complete with it's box.

if i could justify buying this off my friend I would and ive given it quite a think - but i would want to run it - so i'm much better off with a re-re to be honest.

58047 - Hot Shot

58041 - Frog

these two will be stripped down, cleaned and assessed for any damage (not expecting much based on outward appearances) and then rebuilt step by step per the original manuals with the best of the parts - and photographed!

I have even obtained correct greases, threadlock and other consumables. i'll be starting the build threads individually, starting today with the Frog.

once they are done or as far as I can take them, a "keep" or "sell" call will be made.

"the Rest"

Radio TX's will be up for sale soon, as will other odds and sods such as the spare wheel sets (Hotshot, Subaru Brat) Chargers and Batteries.

cheers

Thread revival

Thought I'd provide an update on what is where

Sold

* Willy's Wheeler Tyres - $52.00 - Naples, Italy

* Audi Rims - ruined by boiling water! :(

* Brat Wheels&Tyres - $36.50 - Sydney, Australia

* Wild Willy "D" parts - $35.50 - Perth, WA

* Wild Willy "H" parts - $50.00 - New Jersey, USA

* 7.2V 1200mah hump pack - $NotDisclosed - Perth, WA

For Sale

* Frog - restored to box art & currently up for sale on eBay. Some of you would be shocked/pleasantly surprised by the offers I have on this right now :)

* Bruiser - currently on eBay - expect a no reserve auction very soon. Debated long and hard whether to touch this at all - including keeping it and getting it running for the first time in its life, but it's up for sale with nothing but a check over (have not even cleaned it)

* 6V 4000mah 3sp packs and charger - plenty of interest, shipping 2kg+ of battery is a killer though.

* KO Propo FXII Expert System - not expecting much here, but I have no use for it

Work in Progress

* Hotshot. Will be box art including rims. Looking good so far but have a couple of minor parts to find. May keep this if I become attached during the rebuild :D

Sorry to read the Audi wheels were ruined in a boiling accident. I hope the family was compensated???

I, like you, had some interesting medical/physical challenges not long after this post was closed up. I am on the mend and getting closer these days to a normal work life. I must say that my Physical Therapy has taken a huge back seat so I better figure out what my lack of motivation stems from on that.

I have also found a substitute radio that I had kept pestering you about, so that won't happen any more either. ;) If it is small stuff for the HotShot you are needing, I am your guy, it seems I excel in keeping every little bit I can for that model. I really have something wrong with me I think. :lol: Just feel free to contact me for even the smallest bits and I will certainly get them to you unless there is some way I don't seem to find them in my piles of STUFF(best word I can use here. :D )

So close to 18months down and nearly there. The M38 Willy went to a new owner this week. Was going to be kept, but an offer came from the woodwork and it was fair and reasonable so off it went.

Basically everything else is gone except the jewel in the crown - the Hilux.

The hotshot and frog were restored per the threads on here and are sitting pretty on shelves. The bruiser was slightly dusted, stripped for packing and sent away also.

Parts from this lot are now all either with enthusiasts, or have helped people get their vintage cars running again, added to already impressive displays or made them complete.

Happy days.

Oh, and as for the values - well, some of you made some good guesses :)

What makes me happy, is to see that some people take really good care of their things, as the boxes prove. As a Tamiya collector, and a designer intrigued by the early box art work,, I use to buy empty kit boxes for the models I focus on collecting.

A sad thing, is that this guy is gonna regret that he sold these puppies at some point.

Selling all these in a bundle, will scare off many potential buyers for many reasons - like interest in only one or numbered models, the insane shipping cost and the total cost.

Best of luck with the sale! Great to know there are still many nice Tamiya treasures stored away, rather than being fourth gen eBay deals.