finallyfox075

HELP! Need to vent a Fox body for esc fan

Hi all,

I know the TC team should have some decent suggestions. Has anyone got tried and proven body mods for esc cooling in a Fox. I'm running a brushless set-up and will need to vent the body to allow for cooling. Was going to cut a 30mm hole above the fan in the top body, cover the hole with some fine wire mesh, the kind you'd find on a flour sieve, which was exactly what i planned to use. Then perhaps some 2mm holes on angled towards the rear for heat removal.

Any suggestions?

Cheers guys and girls.

You probably won't need to vent it at all if you're using a mild brushless setup. I have a Speedpassion 3500kv in my DT-02 and it runs fine with the fan disconnected and the ESC inside the chassis tub with a dust cover over it. There's hardly any air flow at all and it never thermals.

Thanks Steve, thats exactly the combo im running. SP 3500kv and reventon s. Was going to vent it for longer run times and, well I plan to drive the wheels off it!

I thought the same until Percymon convinced me to try it out before cutting holes, light 2WD buggys really don't get the ESC that hot it would seem.