@JennyMo: Awesome! :) You're not married to the Jang* from Jangbricks, are you?

*yes, the very same Jang that runs UltimateRC.com and UltimateTamiya.com is also doing LEGO classic space reviews.

• Like 1

@JennyMo: Awesome! :) You're not married to the Jang* from Jangbricks, are you?

*yes, the very same Jang that runs UltimateRC.com and UltimateTamiya.com is also doing LEGO classic space reviews.

Ha ha - thanks for the link, I've just found his Lego channel! I know his reviews from UltimateRC too of course!

Epic nerdage!

Jx

• Like 1

"Mos Eisley spaceport... You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy!"

That's how me & my mates use to describe Croydon :)

That space lego brings back memories! The Moon bases I built on 4 of those moonscape floor tiles... happy days although my knees don't thank me for it these days :(

Jenny I'm envious of your car and the Unimog looks like a work of art.

• Like 1

That's how me & my mates use to describe Croydon :)

Ha! - I used to say a similar thing...

I used to work near Mornington Crecent and got the tube to Camden while the station was closed... walking down Camden High Street was running the gauntlet sometimes - it was like walking into the Cantina Bar!

Jx

"Mos Eisley spaceport... You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy!"

SCNR. :)

By the way, I wonder if those LEGO Star Wars videogames are worth playing?

• Like 1

Those Lego Star Wars games are great fun and have a real sense of humour.

All the Lego games are awesome, I especially like the Marvel Superheroes game which I am still playing since getting it at Xmas, very addictive.

A TC member actually works for the software house that makes those games but I'll let him announce himself in case he's shy :lol:

Thanks! I may give Lego Star Wars a try, Lego City Undercover seems to be a nice catch on Grand Theft Auto as well.

Recently I got my hands on the 8865 LEGO Technic Test Car from 1988:
th_8865_zps58c21116.jpg
Features:
- 280mm wheelbase
- Retractable front lights
- 3-speed gearbox
- fan-cooled V4 engine (located in the rear)
- Fully adjustable seats
- Double wishbone suspension front and rear
- 2 friction shocks per wheel
- Rear wheel drive
- Rack and pinion steering.
- Rear differential

More detailed technical information, pictures and animated sequences of the parts in motion:

Technicopedia: 8865 LEGO Technic Test car

Oh boy... this beast is marvelous. And it takes ages to assemble. I think it is almost 1/8th scale.

So retro!
  • Like 2

Lego Star Wars is excellent, they really captured the stories of the films. You can play the episodes in the right (or wrong depending on your viewpoint) order too which is very cool!

th_8865_zps58c21116.jpg

So retro!

That is fantastic!

It would be really cool to try and incorporate the latest LEGO 'Power Functions' power/motor/servo and IR remote set-up in that one!

Jx

I build the new technic lego sets now. I love them, but I've moved deeper into RC. I always build them both ways, make a couple customs, them leave together what I like the best. The super car and the crawler are my favorites, though some of the others are fun too. The power series are the jam. Infrared RC, slow and a lot of lag, but it's still cool to see your Legos move under their own power.

Yes, I believe LEGO do various LED lighting kits that work with their 'Power Functions' controller (yep, just googled it):

http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/LEGO-Power-Functions-Light-8870

Jx

I've used the power function stuff quite a bit. It's cool. Not very strong, but good enough for Legos around the carpet and over shoes.

The lights are very cool. I'll see if I have any hooked up to the sets I have still together.

Thanks Jenny! :)

This arrived at my doorstep yesterday:

th_8858_zps3020b79e.jpg

8858 Rebel Wrecker

also called "Big Foot" in Germany.

This 1/16 scale Monster truck is packed with features. Aside from the V6 engine, steering and rear winch, it has a solid rear axle with differential, two friction shocks and trailing arms. The front suspension is independent and has not only two vertical shocks, but also a horizontally aligned third shock. Looks pretty cool, even if I think the overuse of shocks make the front suspension stiffer than it needs to be. Technicopedia quotes the 3rd shock acting as a stabilizer, but I'm not sure if this is correct.

The steering is rather on the unresponsive side due to the way the rack slides on stud guides and the long axle that leads through the roof. The transmission on the other hand is very very smooth.

I haven't tried the 2nd model (shown on the right) yet.

More information and pictures:

Technicopedia: 8858 LEGO Technic Rebel Wrecker

Thanks! I may give Lego Star Wars a try, Lego City Undercover seems to be a nice catch on Grand Theft Auto as well.

th_8865_zps58c21116.jpg

Features:

- 280mm wheelbase

- Retractable front lights

- 3-speed gearbox

- fan-cooled V4 engine (located in the rear)

- Fully adjustable seats

- Double wishbone suspension front and rear

- 2 friction shocks per wheel

- Rear wheel drive

- Rack and pinion steering.

- Rear differential

More detailed technical information, pictures and animated sequences of the parts in motion:

Technicopedia: 8865 LEGO Technic Test car

Oh boy... this beast is marvelous. And it takes ages to assemble. I think it is almost 1/8th scale.

So retro!

I still have mine of this must of got it when I was 8 in 1988, well me and my bro got for xmas.

Its complete I think still, but no box it builds in to a cool beach jeep as well!

I recently looked into lego and technic again whilst technic seems similar but modern with more remote control.

Lego now make so many sets of buildings and stuff and recently even built the simpsons house and family though at £200 or so not cheap.

I guess it must be adults buying most of these expensive sets! where do they put them to lol.

Those Lego sets the adults snap up must end up in the same kinds of display cases we put our RC cars in!

That aircraft carrier is beautiful...

Yea must do I don't think I could justify buying lego lol, its hard enough with Rc cars and they are now models not toys lol!

I justify it by having a 3 year old boy although I think the missus is beginning to cotton on that I am buying kits more for my own enjoyment than his :lol:

I justify it by having a 3 year old boy although I think the missus is beginning to cotton on that I am buying kits more for my own enjoyment than his :lol:

My 5 year old is collecting all the current Star Wars Lego and he's never even seen Star Wars......strange isn't it !

• Like 1

Ahh I need a kid then next lol, I dont think it will work to say the cat is not in to lego lol!

My son was my excuse for getting into RC in a big way, I simply told my missus that it'll be a great hobby for us to do together when he's older. I'm not sure she fully bought that as he was only 2 at the time but 20+ cars later I'm not complaining! :lol:

• Like 1

In the last 2 years I've spent more on LEGO than R/C. I've just bought the 42009 mobile crane, and it's taken me around 10-12 hours to put it together. It's an excellent model to build, but as others have said the power functions stuff is not very strong. My little boy is 2 and a half and loves playing with it now it's assembled. His other favourite is the pneumatic articulated loader.

Got my Birthday present the other day ...awesome !!

And have collected all 16 Simpson mini figures :)

• Like 1

Got my Birthday present the other day ...awesome !!

And have collected all 16 Simpson mini figures :)

Wow its about £180 for house, I read some where the mini figures you collect separately are different to one in with the house?

I have 2 mini figures so far lol doh!