Ah a lego thread!

My 5 year old lad is bang on lego now, especially lego star wars & marvel superheroes.

He's more obsessed with playing with the mini figures than the sets, which suits me ;)

Took him to legoland windsor in June, he loved it, although I thought it could've been a little bit better, the hotel was spot on though.

Hey Wez,

My oldest boy is 5 too and we now have Lego Star Wars and minifigures out the ying yang !

The funny thing is that I couldn't give a rats about mixing up non Star Wars Lego but when the Star Wars Lego gets mix-n-matched, I turn into the Big Man Upstairs.....

Thommo to boy - "What are you doing, you can't do that to Chewie! Why does Anarkin's Starfighter have truck wheels underneath? Where is R2's proper head? Yes Mate you are allowed to play and make imagination Lego......JUST DON'T DO IT WITH THE STAR WARS LEGO ALRIGHT !"

Then when he goes to school, I find and fix them all back to how they should be. That sound familiar to anyone ?

• Like 1

@thommo

Haha that's me!

Not bothered (much) about the lego city, even the marvel/dc, but I always find myself putting the star wars ones back together (as best i can) after my lad tells me "anakin chopped bobo fetts hand/arm/head off" for the thousandth time.

This is how I leave them!

20140714_112450-1_zpsb7973b54.jpg

He leaves them in a right state :)

Hey Wez,

My oldest boy is 5 too and we now have Lego Star Wars and minifigures out the ying yang !

The funny thing is that I couldn't give a rats about mixing up non Star Wars Lego but when the Star Wars Lego gets mix-n-matched, I turn into the Big Man Upstairs.....

Thommo to boy - "What are you doing, you can't do that to Chewie! Why does Anarkin's Starfighter have truck wheels underneath? Where is R2's proper head? Yes Mate you are allowed to play and make imagination Lego......JUST DON'T DO IT WITH THE STAR WARS LEGO ALRIGHT !"

Then when he goes to school, I find and fix them all back to how they should be. That sound familiar to anyone ?

Ha ha - you need the Kragle...

Jx

• Like 2

That's me with the Batman stuff, although I'm losing the will to live putting it back together these days. God help me when he turns his attention to Star Wars!

To help a friend gain 10x the Air Miles, I bought over $30 worth of Lego. For old time's sake, I picked up a new A-Wing Fighter:

2ym9077.jpg

I was always a fan of Lego sets' ease of assembly and clear instructions (a little like a good Tamiya kit), but what struck me was the improvement of the stickers being supplied in each set. These went on quite easily, which made working with them pleasant even though I remember the original A-Wing set I once owned had all of those patterns etched onto the pieces. This version is much more detailed and probably more like 'the real thing,' though.

It was a pleasant experience, and my love for new Lego sets has been rekindled :)

As part of the promotion, I got a free micro ARC-170 Starfighter and picked up a micro Anakin's Jedi Interceptor. I have little clue about those, but they sure looked cool... As you may guess, the promotion was Star Wars-themed - my friend acquired his Air Miles with the huge AT-AT set at about four times the price of my purchases!

Cool to see Lego fans here too!...my self i am a big fan and have a lot of collections since i was child back then in early 80's.

I love Castle themes, pirates from the vintage Era.

And from the Modern ones, i stared collecting Modulars.

Photos will follow soon!

Cheers

My lad has acquired a ridiculous amount of lego for Christmas/birthday, from star wars to star lord!

So you know what I'll be doing all day...

Been meaning to rebuild this for years, can you tell what it is yet?

137efc0e4e0472853aba7bb07acd1a38.jpg

Now both my kids are getting interested in Lego I've broken it down, cleaned up the bits and I've found the instructions online to rebuild it.

• Like 1

My parents recently moved house and found my old box of Lego in the attic which they have given back to me. And by box I mean its 120cm long, 45cm high and 50cm deep full to the brim with lego, lego technic and lego model team. I am going to have a go at building a working bus chassis this evening, can't make my mind up what chassis though ??

Volvo B7RLE (single deck)

14585529439_070566bf04.jpg

Volvo B9TL (double deck)

Platinum-Lead.jpg

or a Volvo B7LA (articulated)

14571023183_fe783762d8.jpg

Also on looking at info online about Lego building tips etc I came across these awesome trucks ......

v56p01.jpg

v54p07.jpg

James

:)

• Like 2

I have always enjoyed playing with Lego... I don't have any kids of my own, so much of my modern Lego was bough for my nephew to play with when he visited.. Although now, I must admit that there is quite a bit of Lego that has found its way into my home that my nephew doesn't get to play with... LOL..

My interest in Lego these days revolves around the now vintage 4.5 volt motors and the trains that were available BITD..

@thommo

Haha that's me!

Not bothered (much) about the lego city, even the marvel/dc, but I always find myself putting the star wars ones back together (as best i can) after my lad tells me "anakin chopped bobo fetts hand/arm/head off" for the thousandth time.

This is how I leave them!

20140714_112450-1_zpsb7973b54.jpg

He leaves them in a right state :)

Yes, what is it with kids these days removing the hands/arms from the figures...???

Only just recently I helped my sister paint/renovate my nephews bedroom as part of his birthday present.. As part of this, my sister and I separated all of his toys (Transformers, Bionicles, Skylanders, and Lego) into separate containers.. When sorting through the Lego, I separated all of the Lego people parts, and then sat down later to assemble them back into actual people... Of the 50-60 figures, I was surprised to find at least a quarter of them missing arms, legs or hands... At least he will not be short of patients if he ever decides to build a hospital.... LOL..

Yes, what is it with kids these days removing the hands/arms from the figures...???

Only just recently I helped my sister paint/renovate my nephews bedroom as part of his birthday present.. As part of this, my sister and I separated all of his toys (Transformers, Bionicles, Skylanders, and Lego) into separate containers.. When sorting through the Lego, I separated all of the Lego people parts, and then sat down later to assemble them back into actual people... Of the 50-60 figures, I was surprised to find at least a quarter of them missing arms, legs or hands... At least he will not be short of patients if he ever decides to build a hospital.... LOL..

Haha, when I found the first limbless minifigure I asked my little lad what happened, he replied;

"darth vader chopped it off" :D

• Like 2

Been meaning to rebuild this for years, can you tell what it is yet? 137efc0e4e0472853aba7bb07acd1a38.jpg Now both my kids are getting interested in Lego I've broken it down, cleaned up the bits and I've found the instructions online to rebuild it.

I'm struggling to be honest, If pushed I'd say it was a death star?

Been meaning to rebuild this for years, can you tell what it is yet? 137efc0e4e0472853aba7bb07acd1a38.jpg Now both my kids are getting interested in Lego I've broken it down, cleaned up the bits and I've found the instructions online to rebuild it.

millennium falcon by any chance ?

Bingo! Although I appear to be missing the whole cockpit? God knows where that's gone, probably some far corner of the loft :(

• Like 1

Bingo! Although I appear to be missing the whole cockpit? God knows where that's gone, probably some far corner of the loft :(

that was too easy lol One look at the gray gun mount and i knew exactly what it was - total Lego geek .

Love LEGO (it's always wrong to put an 'S' on the end btw...).

I got the 850 Technic Fork Lift Truck when I was 10 and the 871 / 8710 Supplementary Sets to go with it.

The big box of assorted 'normal' LEGO that I shared with my brother was given to his kids a few years ago. He wasn't having my Technic stuff though. ;)

A few years ago I saw an advert on the noticeboard at work with someone selling some Technic kits, including the 8480 Space Shuttle. So I bought that off him, built it up and compiled a list of missing parts as I went, sourced all of those from BrickLink and finished it. I'm keeping that one too. Fibre Optics ! B)

8480_Space_Shuttle.jpg

Bought myself the 8051 Motorbike a couple of years back for a project, and the missus bought me the big 8110 Unimog earlier this year, which I haven't opened yet. Going to do it over Christmas.

Incidentally, she started collecting the minifigures a while back and now has 300+. Whenever anyone comes round, they always ask about our children. We don't have any... :wacko:

• Like 3

Love LEGO (it's always wrong to put an 'S' on the end btw...)...

A few years ago I saw an advert on the noticeboard at work with someone selling some Technic kits, including the 8480 Space Shuttle...

8480_Space_Shuttle.jpg

...and the missus bought me the big 8110 Unimog earlier this year, which I haven't opened yet. Going to do it over Christmas.

Incidentally, she started collecting the minifigures a while back and now has 300+. Whenever anyone comes round, they always ask about our children. We don't have any... :wacko:

Help spread the word Stroker' (it is only ever Americans that do it... and they hate being called up on it too!)

346082_zpsb4618831.jpg

That Space Shuttle kit looks awesome - post photos please!

And you are going to LOVE building the Unimog - it took Lisa and I over 8 hours (so 16 in total) to put it together a couple of Christmas's ago!

P1000821_zpsd18e7673.jpg

It is huge fun - the powerplant/gearbox itself is a work of art - and if you look online there are bricklists to show which parts you need to make it radio controlled as well!

Jx

• Like 3

Make's me sick to think of the amount of Lego i left behind in Africa when we left . 2 tea chests full :( . We had to leave in a hurry so no time to take anything but the essentials . God only knows how much that lot was worth - a lot i would think

I was just watching a 17kg box of mixed lego to buy for my kids (honest) on eBay... even at collection only it went for £72!

• Like 1

I was just watching a 17kg box of mixed lego to buy for my kids (honest) on eBay... even at collection only it went for £72!

A tea chest holds a heck of a lot more than 17 kg of Lego lol . Roughly 500mm x500mm x700mm

The space shuttle and unimog are both awesome - I need to find my shuttle and put it together again.

The great thing about the 'mog is that the compressor piston makes it rock on its suspension just a little bit, like the Tamiya MFC units do. Very entertaining! The dual power/air take-offs are a nice touch as well.

Will

• Like 1

Well the Lego version should take considerably longer than the Wheelie to build :)

• Like 1