I'd be rich if I could charge these guys!!!

1386695436757.jpg

1386695437399.jpg

They wouldn't be stood like that for long in my house!

My little lad would be having battles galore lol

The new LEGO Technic Supercar for 2015:

sznkiqJ.jpg

42039 24 Hours Race Car

Featuring:

- Double wishbone independent suspension front + rear with friction dampers

- V8 piston engine

- Openable rear motor hood and side doors by using a gearbox

- Steering

Functioning lights and motorized functions (no steering or driving) can be added with a PF electrics kit.

(with hamster bonus content near the end)

DO WANT.

Wow awesome wonder how much be around £150 atleast i guess!

It is already available in Germany for a MSRP of 99 EUR, and for 99 GBP on Amazon.co.uk. I don't know if a pricetag for the US has been announced yet.

Nice but a bit expensive considering the part count and the lack of power functions, compared to 42009 (2606 parts, 1 motor, 169 eur on amazon)

Loved space Lego and Technic lego, I still have a boxed Beach/dune buggy, forklift and the motor set, also have a few bags of spares, built it all up a while ago, but atm it's in the loft, will need to get it all down at some point.

So, on a tangentially-related note, The Lego Movie got skipped for Best Animated Picture at the Academy Awards:

2czvmz4.jpg

I realize that maybe that does not have a lot of significance this side of the Atlantic, but man, it still had to be THE best animated movie for 2014... Voters, kindly explain yourselves!

• Like 1

So, on a tangentially-related note, The Lego Movie got skipped for Best Animated Picture at the Academy Awards:

2czvmz4.jpg

I realize that maybe that does not have a lot of significance this side of the Atlantic, but man, it still had to be THE best animated movie for 2014... Voters, kindly explain yourselves!

I know - what a travesty!

...almost as bad as those idiots on Facebook who though it was stop-motion*... ffs. - clearly their 'fandom' didn't extend to actually watching any of the behind the scenes documentaries that flooded YouTube...

*Although I would add that the end credits were stop-motion ;o)

I can only think that because it has a live action segment at the end (oooops, spoiler alert!), then it doesn't qualify as a truly animated film?

Hey ho - at least the theme song got nominated...

Jx

Yeah... I didn't like it that much. What was it up against?

:o You mean the very fact that a 100-minute commercial got turned into a clever and compelling story about creativity and the greater context of team and relationships did not amaze?

You mean the best version of Batman this side of the movie franchise and a star-studded cast with heart and humour in truckloads had no effect?

You mean the CGI that made the Lego look real enough to be thought as stop-motion-

(I am just being a goof now - obviously, to each his/her own)

Nominees are Big Hero 6, How to Train Your Dragon 2, The Boxtrolls, Song of the Sea, and The Tale of Princess Kaguya. Song of the Sea does not even have a U.S. release date! There are reasons each one has been selected, but it sure would be nice if they voted on movies the general public watched...

Of course, everyone knows only 62-year-old white males watch movies, which I have read is the main demographic of the Academy voters :/ They also asked why Selma was not centered around LBJ instead of, you know, Martin Luther King, Jr....

An animated film only needs to be animated for 75% of its total duration to qualify. The Lego Movie had a 10-minute live-action sequence for a 100-minute movie.

... Nope, still no reasons I can think of for excluding it from the vote. Oh well.

Loved Lego movie, film of the year for me, animated or not.

Big Hero 6 is superb though.

• Like 1

The only other one I saw was Box Trolls which I liked. Given the 75% criteria, The Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies would've been my favourite animated movie :D

I thought the Lego Movie was... OK, but then having a 7 year old daughter any kids movie that doesn't have princesses singing at talking animals that should really be eating each other is a bonus in my book! :)

Don't like kids films or CGI at all. Watched The Lego Movie reluctantly, thought I was was going to have a fit 10 mins in but stuck it out to the end. There were some nice touches and a few funny bits (eg. Batman). As a Lego fan I particularly liked the way fires were portrayed. B)

Picked up a large box of 2nd hand Lego "for the kids" and we've been having lots of fun making our own stuff... TBH I'm having a bit too much fun and getting a little clingy to the stuff I've made :)

0422C9E4-1273-4666-9685-397B3DB7AAB8_zps

So I think my 7 year old daughter is buying me my own Star Wars Lego for my birthday this Friday :D

Bless her!

• Like 1

Picked up a large box of 2nd hand Lego "for the kids" and we've been having lots of fun making our own stuff... TBH I'm having a bit too much fun and getting a little clingy to the stuff I've made :)

0422C9E4-1273-4666-9685-397B3DB7AAB8_zps

I love making stuff like this, I got a bit attached to this guy when I built him. A year later he's still in one piece!

99f8d40b-44c8-4aae-bed0-e5eddeb0ab43-2.j

• Like 2

I had that castle must of been about 5/6 i was born in 1980, im sure it used to open up like around back.

I had like a futuristic space train like a monorail to dont know what name was but it was awesome!!!

I had that castle must of been about 5/6 i was born in 1980, im sure it used to open up like around back.

True...this Set opens from the Back and Swings to what shape you want