I forgot that one! I bought the 1960's Batcave from Smyths Toys reduced from £240 to £160, too good to miss. Whether I ever build it (due to a lack of space not future value!) is another matter altogether!

Classic Batcave and UCS Hoth are both RRP A$399 downunder, so that's pretty close to £240. Discounts of 20-25% Off isn't rare @ $299 but a recent shop chain promo slashed them down to A$199.

Picked up 75532 today. Star Wars Buildable Figures Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike. Cannot wait to build it tomorrow night, apparently the speeder bike is over 42cm long !!

James.

WP_20170519_19_17_45_Rich.jpg

• Like 1

Was def a fun build, full of small little intricate pieces to build. turned out nice Imo ;) 

James.

WP_20170521_16_46_34_Rich.jpg

• Like 3

Project "FN2187" is almost complete, its just missing something and I can't quite put my finger on what it is ........

fotor_(6).jpg

• Like 2

the first pic reminded me of those massive body builders with small heads....

Some thoughts and discoveries about the price influence of licensing into LEGO sets:

Spoiler alert: This might suprise some people. :)

The Saturn V is awesome, I saw it on Jangbricks:

....and guess what, those greedy Lepin bootleggers already stole the design.

So to anybody with the assumption of Lepin and other bootleggers playing Robin Hood by only carrying on discontinued and prohibitvely expensive older Lego sets: Rub your eyes, wash away the illusion from your rose tinted glasses and face the reality: These bootleggers are not in for your personal convenience, their are just in for the love of your money and don't refrain from damaging the Lego brand's reputation by flooding the market with their illegal fakes.

Also, Lepin now steals designs from LEGO fans to make money out of it, too, please see this article:

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lepin-moves-from-lego-sets-to-lego-fan-designs/

• Like 1

Old news, bud :)

I'm just waiting for when Lepin actually releases new Lego designs *before* Lego's sets make it to market, hahaha give it time, they'll get there

Great review, it is a shame so many things are copied not just lego.  Since I been getting more have seen lots of passed sets luv to own to.  Some more recent to thought have time to get but then retired like.  Still wrong to copy designs near exact though I think.

I bought the speeder bike too! I'm waiting until the weekend to build it though as no doubt, my son will want to help!

I bought a job lot of Architecture sets recently for a bargain price! Guggenheim, Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Sydney, New York, Berlin. I've built a couple of them now but have nowhere to show them off.

My son bought me the Strom Trooper/Sand Trooper build-a-figure for Father's Day, that's built but I need to re-arrange the shelf to fit him in. I also have the Speeder Bike to build, again, nowhere to put it so its sitting waiting to be built.

I know everyone harps-on about boot-leg stuff, but I bought the Xingbao Kaneda bike from Akira off Aliexpress for £36. Technically its not a bootleg, as the designers sold their design to them and its not a set Lego offer. However, there are issues with it. The clutch of the bricks is hopeless, you touch it and it falls apart. Parts of it are so weak its ridiculous, it needs some patience to build. Its is a thing of beauty when its finished though. Though I've heard its not exclusive to this set, they also do a Vespa and that's similar, but their Supercar range is apparently on Lego-levels of bricks. I've bought another Chirrut Imwe for my brother to customise into a Kaneda figure to sit on it.

xingbao-xb-03001-2.jpg

LOL, that chestbursting alien! :)

So Bricksclub.co.uk is simply another reseller of Hongkong bootlegs? They don't state their company's adress on their website. Looks pretty shady to me, not legit at all.

oh doh, well im a sucker for alien stuff and luv the films have gone for the chest buster paid via paypal, so i guess if dont get may be able to claim back! 

• Like 1

the Lego vespa they have looks amazing. Let us know if it turns up? Might buy the vespa and the Akira bike if it does.

James.

Yeah they have a few I would like though some are huge the star wars sets.  I will get other alien if this one looks good.

Its been shipped and have a parcel force tracking number though site says used DHL. Not showing where is yet but hopefully soon!

Out for delivery today, so not taken to long to get here, hopefully no customs but we will see!

Just ordered this to on VIP scheme  think this one will sell out fast, much like Saturn rocket.

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/London-Bus-10258?CMP=EMC-VIP2017_06_30_LonBusPrev_R_UK&HQS=Hero_B_CTA_EU_EN&RMID=VIP_2017_06_30_TEA_EMEA_LonBus&RRID=3550240062

Got it yesterday, image attached rotated wrong i suspect lol, manual is Xingbao, and inside says by the 2 bothers who designed it, not sure if this is a copy of or as original etc.  Came in bag wrapped in bubble wrap, much better than with a box really though do sell with box is more and more delivery etc.

Not looked closely at pieces yet bu sure be ok.

Ended up being £75 delivered, no customs as yet or anything, looks like can get cheaper elsewhere but not sure of customs etc, at least this turned up.

chest lego.JPG

And I thought this thread is dedicated to Lego, not bootlego. ;)

I agree, this is first set i bought that of course has copy lego pieces but the model is not a lego design.  I don't think would ever buy a copy lego set design unless it was a hard to get set I really wanted.  I have spent more on official lego in last year than anything else oops lol!

Haha, no worries. Please excuse if I acted rude. I just thought that pun was too good not to use it somewhere in this thread. Please do not refrain from posting.

I wish this creation on Lego Ideas would have been made an official set:

http://www.moc-pages.com/moc.php/298334

It got 10.000 supporters, but did not stand the approval process:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/21ec3478-4fab-4361-95dd-a1462903089e

No its fine I understand where you are coming from, I don't think id buy any true copy sets unless no other option.

Only got this alien as mad on aliens etc.

I see yea thats a shame I stopped looking at lego ideas/cuso page as was seeing same.

I need to stop buying lego to as have, the porsche, bucket wheel excavator to build to yet and the saturn rocket lol and just ordered the london bus.

The Xingbao stuff is not bootleg, the designers of the sets have been paid for their work and designs.