My son received this one today. Been looking for it for a long time, but found it too expensive. Then we found it for 1104 dkr = 118£ delivered, so now was the time. Looks pretty cool I must admit.

43290DFA-C106-4A1F-A057-6C0EDFF2B2AD.jpeg

• Like 2

Great set lots of features and brilliant suspension, I found the whole thing flexes some but then is it pretty big! Was on my list for ages to.

Built my Lego Saturn V rocket over 2 evenings - about 4 hours build time in total...wifey thought it would keep me quiet for a lot longer than that and now thinks I am some kind of Lego building ninja.

Bagged a local find on gumtree for £80 nib, Lego 10178 UCS Motorized walking AT-AT. :) 

And of course I ripped the box open and done what is meant to be done, built the darn thing :lol: . Was a good build around 3 hours, popped in the 6 AA's and its actually walks. Really impressed with it and happy I got it so cheap. 

Also received yesterday a Lego Naboo Starfighter for £7 off eBay, was used but complete with box, manual and all minifigs.

James.

Lego uk just emailed me secured a MF eeeek! now to try hide it lol, I so need to have a clear out though to be able to build and display this.

I may keep and see sell later etc.

Johnlewis had it for 120 or 125 recently wish I got now, it looks good, would certainly be good if kids want to learn about coding etc.

If in new year sale may get.

On 9/1/2017 at 10:43 AM, Robert5000 said:

There doesn't seem to be a limited first edition run, and with that price tag who knows how fast it'll disappear. My guess is that we'll be able to buy this in stores for a couple of years, though you never know. 

I'll be ordering on the 14th, but even though I said I'd get two the price in Norway is 845 of her majesty's pound so I'm starting to think I'll just buy one now and then bide my time until a sale on lego.com or black friday or whatever. 

Even with email notifications from Lego that it would be available in the webstore it was always sold out before I could complete the order. Took me over two months to be able to buy one, but that meant it arrived just in time for christmas so it made a nice present from me to me.

I have yet to figure out how to store it, not to mention display it when it's built. 

I have ordered bits to build the ‘efferman’ stand out of technic, this holds it an angle meaning less shelf/table space needed.  I googled it and ordered parts from link on rebrickable to Uk stores that sell lego bits but soon realised missing quite a few bits.  Now ordered rest though some in mid-grey are hard to find and expensive to.  But wanted it all grey same. 

183E247E-2A64-4F9F-83E4-4AF6753F8639.jpeg

• Like 3

That is a really good idea, thanks! 

I am tempted at trying this, but I know I probably lack both bricks and patience to pull it off 

e7cc43299a65dd5fac8dbfcf534b734d--millen 

• Like 3

Hi Robert,

Yeah the stand is really to be able to build and put in our spare room/man cave lol.  If we do an extension, will look at glass coffee table like your pic.

Though think I would want to as seen before make it look like the MF has landed in desert using bricks and some sand here and there like.

No one knows I bought the MF yet lol, managed to sneak home to! seems a bit mad but when look at what else we spend money on each month its not such a huge amount like.

On 1/2/2018 at 10:19 AM, lee1980 said:

Though think I would want to as seen before make it look like the MF has landed in desert using bricks and some sand here and there like.

That's a great idea! I've still got to finish the Super Star Destroyer and in moments of utter hyperbole I try to think of ways to display them together in some sort of chase scene. That'll probably never come to fruition though. 

Ha! Sneaking in the MF without being busted requires serious skills! :D 

Would need a huge table or a lot of space for that!! I get same ideas of sillyness then realise no room etc.

Sure was hard my at firs tried to lift on to high shelf in garage got it on but then shelf looking a bit dodgy due to weight so moved to lower level shelf racking, now its sorta just looking like a box of junk lol.

Not sure when will start build yet, have plenty of other lego/technic and RC stuff to do to.

Picked up one of these in Sainsburys to, neat tiny

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/starwars/products/millennium-falcon-microfighter-75193

I quickly came to the conclusion that I haven't got a single shelf, cupboard or whatever that suits the bulk of the MF box. So for now it's sat on the floor in a spare bedroom looking kind of lost. 

Yeah, a sort of Falcon + Super Star Destroyer diorama would require more space than I've got available for such hijinx. 

Nice! I think I'll need one of those micro Millennium Falcons for my office. 

It did seem somewhat heavier and more square than I thought it be reading what specs of box was! built its going to be even bigger area needed lol.

hehe, same here I will be lucky if im allowed to have it on display any where else in house, at first will go on efferman stand, now built it from ordered parts, can go on top of drawers in my man cave then. Ideally want on show but that will only be if we do a house extension to rear.

Yea I by chance saw these in supermarket, didnt realise it was a new one either.

• Like 1

Couldn't hold back any more, so I went ahead and bought the new Millennium Falcon, the catheram and the birds from LEGO ides.  Really looking forward to getting time to build. 

• Like 2

I like Gene3S's work, especially with those Tamiya tributes!

I cannot keep purchasing new Lego sets, unfortunately, so I have to make do with what I have. Fortunately, yesterday, that was enough for me to build a few rally cars and support vehicles, if not enough bricks to colour-coordinate each one (or give them proper windshields...):

5b2u6d.jpg

I often break down my entire collection to build something different, which is the only way I can really put quality into a single build. My brick budgeting is improving, though, and before these cars I was able to build two structurally-identical fighter planes with retractable landing gear:

efjxty.jpg

prajo.jpg

Part of the fun is setting up scenes/dioramas, so I put together a quick one:

be5uag.jpg

It brought me back to my classic F1 phase:

4rwahg.jpg

znnfpx.jpg

But that is part of the joy of Lego, right? Even if the colours are a bit odd, there is plenty of potential for different builds.

Anyway, back to the regularly-scheduled discussion of sets...

How dare you use your imagination Grastens !  Everyone knows LEGO should be built exactly as per the instructions and any free thinking or creativity should be discouraged. ;)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, StrokerBoy said:

How dare you use your imagination Grastens !  Everyone knows LEGO should be built exactly as per the instructions and any free thinking or creativity should be discouraged. ;)

Kragle the world!! :-D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skip665 said:

Kragle the world!! :-D

... Well, everything was awesome :lol:

• Like 1

On 1.2.2018 at 10:50 PM, Grastens said:

I often break down my entire collection to build something different, which is the only way I can really put quality into a single build. My brick budgeting is improving, though, and before these cars I was able to build two structurally-identical fighter planes with retractable landing gear:

But that is part of the joy of Lego, right? Even if the colours are a bit odd, there is plenty of potential for different builds.

In my mind this is exactly what Lego is for. R2D2 is the only set I've never taken apart -and that is mostly because he's keeping me company at the office. 
Putting on some music and getting down on the floor with my nephews for a few hours, or sitting down at a table with a pint of bitter and just loose myself in the bricks is the closest thing I come to ZEN. 

I have got some Logo City stuff . Taken some time to do so !! . Was up in arms weather i wanted to or part with the money .

Oh well , need to start some where . I had lego as a kid & i had some other type . It was a castle of gray color bricks . 

Can't remember what is was called . Not even sure if mum or my bro has it . Next time i head to NZ ( this X-Mas ) , i

will have to ask .  I have reread the hole lego thread . Got more to buy i would say :D . 

Oh well pic . 

80F8D58F-64DA-4292-9AD4-25C9D4DED8A4_zps

Hope pic works , with photobucket still .  

Oh yer , still got to build the fire station . Going to need more space . As you can see i had to make

some room , this will work for now .

5 hours ago, matman said:

80F8D58F-64DA-4292-9AD4-25C9D4DED8A4_zps

Hope pic works , with photobucket still .  

Oh yer , still got to build the fire station . Going to need more space . As you can see i had to make

some room , this will work for now .

haha it's a slippery slope, the rabbit hole runs deep :ph34r:

Blue cargo train 60052 is a fantastic parts pack if you're looking for train track. I bought 2 thinking i'd build a big layout, even bought the train station set with yellow taxi & eyeing the white bullet train... but nah, can't find the space for a layout :( ended up reselling off the cargo train sets for like $240ea. 

• Sad 1