On 5/31/2018 at 10:53 AM, Wandy said:

Video of the forthcoming 42083 1:8 Bugatti Chiron.  WANT. B)

also WANT!

Purely for the gear shift

• Like 2

Just noticed this thread... I'll pop this here. Was worth every penny... She doesn't look like much but she's got it where it counts kid. 😉

IMG-20180207-WA0009.jpeg

• Like 4

hehe i know feeling mine does same even when I rotate them on Pc.  Mine is still in box lol, I got the parts with printed stuff on instead so no need to use stickers much better and longer lasting to no peeling!!

@lee1980 you have to build it, each bag took over an hour a night over a couple of weeks. It's very clever in places and really amazing to have as a piece of art. 

Im hoping to put in it new extension once thats built.  Have gone for a Technic base stand that angles it up to save space.

Nice Falcon, my local Smyths toy shop have a load in stock ATM, was tempting. But yesterday I bit the bullet and bought the Technic Mack Anthem truck. Been wanting it for ages, but when it finally came up for £99 and I had a 20% voucher on top, it was a no brainer @ £79 !!. Can't wait till the kids are away for the weekend in a few weeks and I can build it.

James.

MMMmmmm yes I want the mack truck to but space is limited already and have a few to build stil!!!

I went to a little local LEGO event on Sunday.  It wasn't even my idea - the missus wanted to go to add to her billion+ minifig collection.  Which she did.

There was a room full of traders, but if you ignored the Star Wars, Harry Potter and minifig stuff there was not a lot left.  I was hoping for some older Technic stuff (I've still got the original 850 Fork Lift Truck I got for Christmas in the late 70's plus a couple of more recent ones yet to be built).

There was also a room with various builds on display.  Someone had built the Simpsons house and Kwik-E-Mart kits and then carried on to complete the entire town !  There was also a fascinating marble-run type contraption that moved little balls around via a multitude of clever motorised mechanisms, I was probably watching that for a full 15 minutes.

The large vehicles were of the most interest to me (and probably you).  Not the standard kits particularly (911RS, Bugatti, Splittie, Volvo front-loader, the new Rough Terrain Crane etc) but the custom builds.  One bloke had a table full of cool one-off VW's, someone else had made a huge Delorean and the jacked-up Dodge Charger from FF7.  I liked the trucks best - custom heavy-haulage rigs, massive cranes and a cool refuse-truck.  Turns out there's a local club for like-minded ner..., I mean, Adult Fans Of Lego.

I've spent most of today scrolling through the back catalogue of Technic kits and jotting down a shopping list.  As usual for me, I have a thousand ideas buzzing round my head but in reality am unlikely to make any of them come to life...

My better half got me a Lego Creator 31058 Dinousaur kit. I like that green T-rex, pretty poseable for its size.

Swarm, I'm just drooling over the pic of your sweet 12 V train layout.

Here's another review of Lepin kits. It goes into deep detail for malformed parts, missing parts, manufacting process shortfalls, clutch force, instruction manuals, misprinted decals and concludes whether it was worth paying the price or not. Great read, recommended:

https://brickset.com/article/29578/review-lepin-super-star-destroyer

On 8/29/2018 at 3:29 PM, StrokerBoy said:

I've spent most of today scrolling through the back catalogue of Technic kits and jotting down a shopping list.

Gah !  It's sucked me back in.  I'm so weak. :wacko:

I've restrained myself to a secondhand 8109 Flatbed Truck for now, and built it over the weekend. It'll be a good way to display the wife's Splittie and Mini builds. Here it is with the 850 Fork Lift Truck that I got for Christmas in 1977.

Have to say I much preferred it when everything LEGO was built with generic pieces in a handful of colours, there are far too many bespoke single-use parts these days.  Creativity over realism any day.

lego1.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StrokerBoy said:

Have to say I much preferred it when everything LEGO was built with generic pieces in a handful of colours, there are far too many bespoke single-use parts these days.  Creativity over realism any day.

Thats why so many kids these days end up with "Lego Graveyards" as you cant build much else from most kits these days - my boy has loads of Ninjago Lego and most of that is single use.  I like the Minecraft Lego though as that does incorporate some creativity if you want to apply it.

• Like 1

Some of the new Lego Technic sets are looking good.

The racing car/ beach buggy model. and liking some of the trucks as well.

On 9/17/2018 at 4:13 PM, StrokerBoy said:

Gah !  It's sucked me back in.  I'm so weak. :wacko:

I've restrained myself to a secondhand 8109 Flatbed Truck for now, and built it over the weekend. It'll be a good way to display the wife's Splittie and Mini builds. Here it is with the 850 Fork Lift Truck that I got for Christmas in 1977.

lego1.jpg

I liked the lego technique stuff, and building cities, The biggest piece I got as a kid was the  F1 Ferrari 2559:

F70C0890-4BC6-41B7-AA6E-483E9F7DD82F.jpeg

Thanks to a gift card, I have been able to place an order for a new Lego Speed Champions set:

lego-ford-gt-and-gt40-speed-champions.jp

I will be looking forward to building this pair! I love the way the cars are interpreted through Lego in this scale :)

• Like 2

I also built the recent Mini Cooper set from the Speed Champions line:

213p4er.jpg

Surely, the toy store gets enough grown adults buying their own Lego, right? :P

I just had to see how that classic Mini went together. It seems Lego gets the builder started on the older car first, as was the case with the Ford GT/GT40 set from earlier. I enjoyed the build throughout; the Works Buggy and even the service point were fun to construct:

291masg.jpg

I also had an unexpected amount of fun with the inclusion of a photographer in this particular set:

2jb4cuo.jpg

He tells me that picture did not turn out, unfortunately! He persevered in his assignment, though:

25uquyv.jpg

And this one turned out nicely for him, I think:

2yozrjq.jpg

Overall, a nice set. It would make for a good display, if I can just find a place for it!

• Like 4

Oh this is good, really good... yes it's cynical marketing at it's best (Season 3 coming out in about a month's time), but what a fantastic concept and details!

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/product/The-Upside-Down-75810?p=75810&SOC-SH-US-CA-19-Jun-STLAunch=&fbclid=IwAR3EUiHS-ThJ1W7zkmOWO7kQDRu21UVluP078C4k_PxZofrP46497iPCcgg

I fear I'm going to have to get this - or at very least the Mini-figures for my collection!

Jenny x

The new Lunar Lander to commemorate 50 years since Neil Armstrong made the 'One small step for man, one giant leap for Mankind' looks pretty good - might have to add it to the collection. 

The one piece I regret selling, took me a long time to source all the parts, but it was collecting dust and I used the money for this new hobby.

7FD3673B-8642-492A-80AE-EF6FB50A3115.jpeg

• Like 1

I've got no builds during the crisis so I dived into a bucket of loose Lego City and came up with a couple of Tamiya replicas.  Ford F150 Truck and a micro Holiday Buggy.

Looking to do a Clod Buster or Blackfoot next..... or both.  Hope you like em !

040420 (4).jpg

040420 (3).jpg

040420 (2).jpg

040420 (1).jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 4/3/2020 at 9:17 PM, Thommo said:

I've got no builds during the crisis so I dived into a bucket of loose Lego City and came up with a couple of Tamiya replicas.  Ford F150 Truck and a micro Holiday Buggy.

Looking to do a Clod Buster or Blackfoot next..... or both.  Hope you like em !

040420 (4).jpg

040420 (3).jpg

040420 (2).jpg

040420 (1).jpg

So glad you posted these here in this thread too - they are excellent!

Let's hope it inspires a whole bunch of other Lego mini-mes over the coming weeks!

Jenny x

Thanks JMo,

These were lots of fun with the scouring for parts and swapping out parts going for days.  They are on my shelf now with their big Tamiya brothers.

Agree.... I would love to see more from other members.  Get building folks !