Recommended Posts

Ha this will be my problem too, nowhere to put it! I have the Campervan, F40 and all of the Speed Champions cars that are available on their own, along with quite a few of the Architecture buildings too, I've also got some of the Star Wars Buildables too, Jango Fett, Darth Vader, Captain Phasma and a New Order Stormtrooper. I've always loved LEGO, had tons of it as a kid, I never understood why they put the age ratings on the boxes as it appeals to everyone with a creative side to their nature.

All my Tamiya stuff is in a container stored away at the moment, I have nowhere at home to keep it so LEGO is my outlet at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was sooo tempted to buy the Technic 911 GT3 yesterday as Smyths have it for £199.99 reduced from £249.99 . But they also had the Star Wars Ewok village, oh and the new Class Tractor too. Just too many I want tbh. lol

James

:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to wait on the Porsche to but when it went to £199 had to, think will keep either build over xmas or maybe wait a while.

I so want the huge bucket excavator to!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, lupogtiboy said:

Ha this will be my problem too, nowhere to put it! I have the Campervan, F40 and all of the Speed Champions cars that are available on their own, along with quite a few of the Architecture buildings too, I've also got some of the Star Wars Buildables too, Jango Fett, Darth Vader, Captain Phasma and a New Order Stormtrooper. I've always loved LEGO, had tons of it as a kid, I never understood why they put the age ratings on the boxes as it appeals to everyone with a creative side to their nature.

All my Tamiya stuff is in a container stored away at the moment, I have nowhere at home to keep it so LEGO is my outlet at the moment.

Yeah my wife thinks im nuts I think and other family members, but I have always loved lego and technic, its been good last few years a big resurgence in new sets.  I got the lego birds and Wall-e in conservatory on show.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, 73robb said:

Anyone seen this on tamiyablog?  Be nice if they released these as Lego kits ;)

http://tamiyablog.com/2016/09/classic-tamiya-rc-cars-recreated-with-lego/

 

Awesome! I saw a Hotshot done in Lego at the Brighton Model World show a few years back, I think they would be a great tie-in for the two brands.

I finally bit the bullet and ordered the Porsche from Smyth's website, £199 inc free postage and should be delivered tomorrow! Thanks for the heads-up Jim! I may have to get the new Caterham as well now though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lupogtiboy said:

Awesome! I saw a Hotshot done in Lego at the Brighton Model World show a few years back, I think they would be a great tie-in for the two brands.

I finally bit the bullet and ordered the Porsche from Smyth's website, £199 inc free postage and should be delivered tomorrow! Thanks for the heads-up Jim! I may have to get the new Caterham as well now though!

I remember seeing that Lego Hotshot - I think there were a few others on the same display table.

Thought I would check up on the dates for 2017 Brighton Model World the other day - shocked to find it won't be happening !

Low attendance over the last couple of years apparently so not viable - a shame - I've attended most years and have always looked forward to it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a shame, was a pretty good show, and the trade stands in the main hall made it worthwhile going for me too. Loved the big Tamiya truck display in there too.

I've been naughty this weekend, hopefully the Porsche will be arriving today but I went shopping in Brighton yesterday and bought the Caterham and got a free Routemaster Ideas set too! The bus is built but not started on the Caterham yet, may start that tonight. Oh and I also bought the new robot from Rogue One K-2SO in Forbidden Planet in Covent Garden on Saturday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone take the offer in the Daily mail and the mail on Sunday this last weekend? They had a voucher in their saturday and sunday papers which you could take to W H smiths and exchange for a lego kit. Saturdays was an x-wing fighter and sundays I think was a vehicle called a lava slinger (I think?), I don't know if it's a new vehicle from one of the latest star wars. Still two lego kits for the price of two newspapers isn't too bad.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw the ad on tv, I think the Lava Slinger in a Ninjago vehicle, not Star Wars, though probably still worth getting....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno if it's been mentioned,  but have youse watched the Megafactories: Lego episode?  Pretty good watch showing a kit from concept to production. Also finding out about the online Lego site for the robotics (?-trying to remember here) was hacked and improved by users that wanted better control. Rather than prosecutong the hackers, they gave them free Lego. Pretty cool. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Busy evening! Caterham is now built, absolutely love it! Great details and very well proportioned, I'll add some pics when I can. My Porsche also arrived yesterday, wow! Had a quick thumb through the instructions, its going to take a while to build! Four separate boxes, box one was over 350 steps! Then I have to find somewhere to put it, may have to do a trip to Ikea for a new shelf.....hmmm a Lego shelf!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To many to get, i wanted about 3 more now want caterham to! Just finished the tractor, awesome!

 

IMG_0487.JPG

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just won four Lego Technic figures on eBay for £8.50, the Caterham needs a driver! I have one in my Camper Van already, and with the Beetle coming for Christmas, one can go in there too...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More Lego! I bit the bullet and bought the Technic LeMans 24hr car from Toys 'r' us this weekend along with the power functions kit to add lights and opening doors and engine cowl. I may start on this tonight if I can, not quite as complicated as the Porsche I've yet to start on, but good practice. I also got a free Jeffrie as I spent over £45 on Lego, he is actually quite cool! Pictures to follow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, skip665 said:

Anyone going to http://bricklive.co.uk/ this week? I am taking all the family on Thursday - cant wait! :D

I went last year 'cos a friend bought my wife 2 VIP tickets.  They're not worth much over the standard tickets, except that we got to jump the 60-min queue for the onsite Lego shop.  There's nothing in that shop that you can't buy elsewhere btw, but some of the specialist trade stands have some cool and/or vintage stuff.  If you're into Minifigures (like my wife) be prepared for a lot of browsing and an empty wallet...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StrokerBoy said:

I went last year 'cos a friend bought my wife 2 VIP tickets.  They're not worth much over the standard tickets, except that we got to jump the 60-min queue for the onsite Lego shop.  There's nothing in that shop that you can't buy elsewhere btw, but some of the specialist trade stands have some cool and/or vintage stuff.  If you're into Minifigures (like my wife) be prepared for a lot of browsing and an empty wallet...

I am taking my 6 and 3 year olds with the wife so its more for them really - but I will have my eyes open.

I would love the bucket wheel Technic excavator - maybe one day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They'll love the big pits full of bricks.  You can build whatever you like, but you have to leave it behind.  There's an honesty box on the way out so you can empty your pockets with a red face...

I was going to buy the Technic Mercedes Arocs truck there but they'd sold out.  Since bought one online at a better price. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made a start on the Lemans racer last night, I think I underestimated its size though! I got to step 99 which is rear axle with diff, front axle with steering, engine with moving pistons and some of the gearing for the opening doors and engine cover. There are 13 (yes thirteen!) bags with all the parts in, 7 of them with the Technic connectors and joints! I'm tempted not to add some of the stickers and see how it looks, a lot of reviews I've read say it looks better without them.

Then its the Porsche! Oops!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the Le Mans Racer is ginormous, no kidding.

I built it initially without stickers, and then took some time to place them afterwards. Angled tweezers help a lot getting them aligned nicely, just take your time, they add to the good looks. Those reviewers who frown upon Lego stickers must be ridden by fears if they ever have to deal with R/C car kits or scale model kits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I quite like the Yellow Submarine, can see values shooting up on that when its retired too...

I bought my son the Wall-E from Toys'r'us for £35, he's pretty cool. He's about to be retired too, so a good time to buy him. I also got the Starwars Buildables Kylo Ren to go with some of the others I have, he was down to £13 in Toys'r'us, all of the ones I have are bad guys though except K-2SO who used to be a bad guy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2016 at 0:56 PM, GregM said:

Yeah, the Le Mans Racer is ginormous, no kidding.

I built it initially without stickers, and then took some time to place them afterwards. Angled tweezers help a lot getting them aligned nicely, just take your time, they add to the good looks. Those reviewers who frown upon Lego stickers must be ridden by fears if they ever have to deal with R/C car kits or scale model kits.

I can't believe I had not seen one (42039) its like £69 if thats same one, says 48cm long, I have the Porsche 911 to build and I think thats is about 68cm long!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now