I’m a huge fan of LEGO! I have several Mocs of vintage Tamiya cars as well!

C94397ED-D69E-466A-B26B-B13CBE95A894.jpeg

• Like 8

Mind Blown !

Thank you for posting these, they are absolutely next level ........ Brilliant !

• Like 1

Hello... this just popped up on Facebook for me today - it seems LEGO have released another RC Technic 4x4 kit, this time it's an 'X-treme off-roader':

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/4x4-x-treme-off-roader-42099?cmp=US-PRS-Spring-CONT-INI-DPAPR-Crsl-CrslA-SHOP&fbclid=IwAR0ih3MxEo5L8_2aBtbjXVVtPM3cYMD3g84_R8KeVrZdH-pCeYCZi-KK8IU

Looking at it, the chassis appears superficially similar to their 4x4 Crawler set the launched a few years ago (which had their IR remote control functions), but with more articulation and a more 'truggy' style body.

Looks good!

Jenny x

edit. Ah, apparently it's not a new model after all, just LEGO touting me a 'relevant' product - presumably based on Facebooks advertising algorithms, since I've posted on some RC pages recently...

Anyway, in case you haven't seen it already, here is a video review from last year:

ps. having just watched the video, I reckon someone needs to 3D print a Lego motor-mount for 380 motors to be retrofitted to builds like this... then lock the diffs and away you go!  I'm still amazed a model like this, which is not glued or screwed together at all, can be driven over rough terrain and not immediately fall to pieces - gotta love Lego!

I bought this earlier in the week, it's actually pretty good.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1