NYDriver

I am back after an Seven year layoff

Hello All, I have been out of the Hobby about seven years, had about 30 cars at one point. After my interest had changed and I no longer had tome to run my cars I sold everything off and never looked back. Recently, I was talking with someone at work who mentioned RC cars, he still has his Tamiya Wild Willy and a couple of others from his childhood and it got me interested again. I sold the last of my cars, a really hopped up Blackfoot I put alot into, in 2010. I looked up the old transaction and emailed the buyer asking is he still had the truck and was interested in selling back to me, but of course, I did not hear from him. After fishing around Locally on Craigslist, I purchased this Tamiya Falcon from the original owner for $40. In the last week i have spent a tone on hop-ups, spare parts bodies, batteries, an fm radio system, a charger etc. Etc. I had to buy everything I once owned all over again. I even one a lot on Ebay with a Blackfoot, Frog and another incomplete Falcon. Please check out pics.First is the Falcon I just bought, hope to get on the road soon, other are my Supermodied Black, Frog and Grasshopper, AKA 'The Beast", I clocked this car at 40MPH, and a Stock Playtron Lynx which was my first vintage Car, which was a shelf queen.

falcon2a.jpgblackfoot1.jpgbeast13.jpglynx2.jpgbody1.jpg

Welcome back! Quite a collection there - I like the funky scheme on the Frog!

Thanks but I no longer own any of those cars, they were all sold along time ago, all for big money since I put so much time, effort and money into them. I do now own the Falcon and will post pics once it's redone. Attached is a link to a video I took of the Blackfoot when I sold it. This is the last time I drove an RC car. Can't wait to get back behind the wheel, hope to devote some time to the Falcon this week.

blackfoot6.jpg

Now that's what I call buy low and sell high. You timed is just right 7 years ago when everyone is willing to pay big money for anything by Tamiya and now one is luck to get back what was paid for. Again is a good time to return.

Now that's what I call buy low and sell high. You timed is just right 7 years ago when everyone is willing to pay big money for anything by Tamiya and now one is luck to get back what was paid for. Again is a good time to return.

I think you are right, the other night I won a Blackfoot, Frog and another Falcon for $51. The Frog and Falcon are in pieces but alot of the parts are there and I may get three complete cars out of it, as well as 4 bodies and two stick remotes. When I got out they just started re-releasing the Frog, but I had no idea until recently that they reproduced so many Tamiya cars. I have seen this before in other hobbies, and it really kills the value of the vintage stuff, but makes it much easier for people just getting into the hobby.

Welcome back! I remember you and that Frog with that dark grey chassis. You can tell that you sourced and rebuilt that frog with bits and pieces before the re-release Frog came out! Love it!

OSR

Here are a few more of my old cars, no longer have these, and a cool red vintage Battery Operated Wild Willy, looks like Tamiya Willy, small pics

shows the pair I had back then.willytoy.jpg

willy4.jpgmadwolf.jpgfrog3.jpg

vwfrogfoot.jpg