Sign in to follow this  
pijje1

TA05 M FOUR build good idea ?

Hi Folks

Am thinking of building a ta05 m four with all the ta05 and m05 hot ups but am wondering if worth doing or spending it on an other project as have seen a few blogs just find it qurkie and different lol

hope to hear your thoughts

thanks

Paul

It's worth it if you want one. They are quirky, that's kind of the appeal to some. My issue was that you couldn't fit a 540 motor so I couldn't race it, so I didn't buy one.

There are some great other TA05 derivatives such as the VDF chassis cars (bling and drift go hand in hand).

hi there thanks for the reply yes there are but think as you say it is the quirky is what is drawing me to it lol

was thinking of something similar to the one Tamiya displayed at a show see pic's in first post but with more hot ups lol

cheers paul

To me, it's a lot like the vajra. Very expensive when compared to similar offerings, but so different (seemingly for difference's sake) that it's not clear who it was supposed to be for.

An awd m sized car that accepts neither standard motors nor batteries? Why wouldn't I just get a Genetic?

If you must have a TA05 based mini, I'd look for a Square SMC-002 conversion kit, which appears to fit 540-sized motors and square shorty packs.

SMC-002a.gif

SMC-002b.jpg

post-1098-0-31632000-1396597423_thumb.gi

post-1098-0-77952200-1396597435_thumb.jp

hi there thanks for the comments well there is that option had not really looked at that before lol though was going to use normal lipo's in it with the sevo reposition option

Also I have have loads and loads of Tamiya trf parts and spares from racing evo v and trf415's so hence the thinking of going for the m four and was also going to machine new bulkheads to fit a 540 as am a engineer

My partner loves the mine when it first came out and the m four uses the same shell again hence the thinking lol

thanks Paul

To me, it's a lot like the vajra. Very expensive when compared to similar offerings, but so different (seemingly for difference's sake) that it's not clear who it was supposed to be for.

An awd m sized car that accepts neither standard motors nor batteries? Why wouldn't I just get a Genetic?

Actually better yet, buy the T.O.P Racing Sabre Mini AWD. Quality is top notch, accepts 540, is belt driven, and has adjustable wheelbase

Actually better yet, buy the T.O.P Racing Sabre Mini AWD. Quality is top notch, accepts 540, is belt driven, and has adjustable wheelbase

Literally showing Tamiya just how close, but ultimately wrong-headed their attempt was

I still don't get why Tamiya does this kind of stuff. They make what is essentially a great car, and then seemingly for no reason at all, they throw in some quirky design decisions that can do nothing but hurt sales.

hi all thanks for the replys and did not know stuff like you guys have suggested was out there have had a look and think may stick with the m four as I said have loads of spares and trf bit's

looking at the manual for it see there loads of bits I already have that can be used or made from like ball diff's just need the pulleys lol

Also the on bad bit is the 380 motor as going to use the servo relocation kit so can use normal lipo's :)

thanks again

Paul