Sign in to follow this  
oddster

turbo optima mid 1:24

Hi, have a small (literally) project going on. Since Kyosho don't want to make optima mid-bodys for the mini-z buggy series, I have to make it myself:) took an unpainted optima-body and added wing to the chassi, and painted it yello/black. The problem is the printing of the decals. I scanned the original 1:10-decals and resized them, and printed them. As you can see on the picture, the blue has turned somewhat grey. Boring:( How do i fix this? is there anyone out there who has better printing equipment than I have, who can help me? (don't look at the bad painting, i have several unpainted bodies to work on:)

Sorry for my bad english, i'm norwegian:)

best regards

oddster

post-38480-0-27769400-1396627850_thumb.j

What did you print with? I think you might need to print solid, mixes of cmyk, ie not dithered, or on top of white if your printer can print that; otherwise print some decals on white vynl and trim well. I have an ancient alps that does ok but inconsistently, and the ink scratches off easily. If you find a good solution let me know. I have considered even silk screening them.

Just finished my other turbo optima mid.. with mini-z buggy chassi:)

DSC_0023_zpsz0wlzxt5.jpg

DSC_0024_zpsckix2a44.jpg

My 1/10 runner is currently on 3 cell lipo and 6,5 turn brushless motor. In the video it runs on 2 cell.. the speed is ridicilous, just the way i like it:) And i have run about 15 packs of 3 cell now, and nothing has broke yet! High quality build:) The only replacements is ball diffs and ot-85 is replaced with a steel/alu gear.

best regards oddster

• Like 1