NWarty

So I won a Grasshopper II - Now with Super G content

BIG thanks to TC Forum member "mtn bkr"!!!

Picked up an original Super G tonight from him along with an extra set of day glow front wheels and some spare parts. Now I have a 2nd Super G to restore :D Here's a quick and crummy photo of the completed Super G resto, better pics tomorrow, also of the three Amigos sitting on my table. The nearest one has a brand new chassis and C-parts and will utilize the stock wheels for the resto and restored body. The second Super G has new decals en route as the body will have to be completely stripped and painted.

They're spawning!

IMG_3500.jpg

IMG_3497.jpg

• Like 1

Those snowmen look like the sand people off of Star Wars ha ha

Or should that be snow people?

Here's the 2nd G completely cleaned and polished, shocks rebuilt and running gear installed. I tore down the body last night, sanded to the wee hours of the morning and shot primer and TS-26 color this morning. Just waiting on the rear wheels to come in. This one is a runner where the other two are shelf queens but both have a full compliment of vintage electronics and do come alive. This G is running a Flysky 2.4 system. Still need another servo for the MSC and driver figure. Decals should be here next week.

a4a0e1b2bf47a97bb2c12bdf16b2a8b4.jpg

baf97af50935ca2bab41de5c7e8addb5.jpg

Here's the other two and the stock GHII rebuilt last night. The Super G resto got a beautiful black logo balloon to go over the MSC (NIP tool bag) and I couldn't believe it hadn't broken down over time. The rubber band on the other hand...

6b3fa48002cdd53400aa1112c1ee0830.jpg

18335e2b8ae7ab4bdc00529896c361f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used my left over repro decals to start in on the 3rd Musketeer. Color match is pretty close and I have another set of decals from another seller to finish the job. It's a runner, so I'm not concerned. If I'm happy with them, I need to replace a couple of decals on the stock GHII.

She'll sit on all four tires tomorrow.

8769d055982102333a1eca9b39fb74ba.jpg

Hi, sorry for my late but I never seen this question.

Yes, the driver is built starting from a Novafox driver.

I cut the driver base, mounted the driver to an ABS plate, built the roll bar, painted and mounted.

The driver face and helmet are also handmade built.

I cut the helmed, added ABS material and sculpted the face and added a sunray visor.

You can see the entire process here:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=67822&hl=

I believe that the Grasshopper 2 is a strongly underated model.

Max

Max,

That is a beautiful Super G and I was staring at it many times over the last couple of days! Can I ask where you got that driver figure?

Guys,

This is the CVA short shock set II correct?

• Like 1

Mongoose,

Many thanks. I accidentally fell into all this and only hope to do several more in the future. My next project will be a GHI as I have a chassis and gearbox handy

Oh and Max,

Better late than never :)

Beautiful work my friend!

Blake

• Like 1

Mongoose,

Many thanks. I accidentally fell into all this and only hope to do several more in the future. My next project will be a GHI as I have a chassis and gearbox handy

Several more! :D You plan to make some custom paint for a GHII sometime ;) Again, nice work. I love when TCers pour some passion over these little cars. :)

Would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to! In all honesty, I was half contemplating doing a custom for this build, but kept it original. I have enough Super G parts for a 4th build and custom job though! :D

• Like 1

OMG it runs beautifully!!! Full tests tomorrow

My Lord these cars with a digital radio...so much more enjoyable

Finished applying the rest of the repro decals today

Posted Image

The family. Calling this one done barring the driver. The decals on the third one turned out pretty nice although the red is a little darker and not as rich, and the blue has a little more grey in it, but the quality was pretty nice and I'm happy. That's what's important. Will update this thread periodically when I get another one :)ba5af39b1a233775eff41bd93a457e29.jpg

Bidding on another Bug comin' home. Keeping my fingers crossed because she's a beaut and with a bunch of additional stuff.

Hi there NWarty, nice stuff indeed. Would you mind letting me know via PM what's your source for repro decals? They look pretty good.

While you are at it, could you please let me know too? Thanks!

PM's sent and returned ;)

Finally got the G's feet a little dirty. It runs and comes alive, but she's a shelf queen. First time ever outside as the weather here is beautiful

DSCN2288.jpg

DSCN2287.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, that Grasshopper II looks pretty good, oh, and thanks for the link! Isn't that the partner seller of ***** bodies?

I think it is ;)

Really hoping I win this next bug. It's in amazing shape and originally purchased April 11, 1990 and I got a little bit of history of the car from the seller.

Also there's a set of rear day glow wheels I'm looking at as I need a rear set, I have the fronts with tires already