NWarty

So I won a Grasshopper II - Now with Super G content

Awesome thread, my first Rc was a Grasshopper 2 and I have been meaning to restore mine since I got back into the hobby a few years ago, I really must now after reading this thread. Could I also have a link to the decals please.

F3ST3R, thank you sir! I actually fired up my runner Super G late yesterday and took it for a stroll down the street. It's still pretty quick with a standard 540. I'm sure if I dumped a Sport Tuned into it, it may turn into a missile :D

PM Sent

• Like 1

Lost out on the auction, oh well :( I set what I was willing to pay and it wasn't enough. Whoever won it, is going to be happy though. The last two I have bought, I paid peanuts for them. Prices are starting to climb on GHII's for clean examples, albeit slowly. Even half-restored Super G's are getting up there.

My consolidation prize was picking up a new set of vintage-correct tires for my stock GHII, new right rear axle spring and a couple other needed parts to complete its restoration. It'll finally complete by the end of next week (Tires are coming from TimeTunnel in the UK and axle springs out of California).

Still looking to get a set of rear day-glow yellow wheels for my 2nd Super G Runner (I have the fronts) and correct pin spike tires (which can wait as I have another set of Wild One tires). There's a set on ebay with two days left with three bidders going after them.

Picked up the rear day glow yellow wheels for the 2nd Super G. Yay! I've opted to not use the Wild One vintage tires for the rear (which are already on the vehicle and only been run twice) and instead go with the correct pin spikes. I'll keep the vintage WO wheels and tires for a rainy day as they are fairly new and lightly run. For a WO resto down the road.

Edit: Cleaned the fronts today and started conditioning the pin spike tires as they were getting a little tough :)

By the way, I'm also on the lookout for two yellow rear lower shock mounts, at some point mine were replaced with black mounts. Anyone have any spares?

c6e38023a9b78f36fce1cb6f08dbdfc5.jpg

667cb10ba2fe927228c1e51a95b9aec5.jpg

113da1863baf0ca38c00ef51b9ae2765.jpg

• Like 1

I may have some of the yellow shock mounts from a parts Falcon that I have. I'll take a look and will get back to you.

• Like 1

Much appreciated and thanks Ron!

Blake, I do have a set that you can have. I'll be racing at 4 Seasons down in Olympia on the 30th and can bring them with me.

Ron, that's awesome and I can definitely meet up with you! Haven't been to 4 seasons in a LONG time and would love to check it out. I'll send you a PM as the date gets closer. Many thanks bud

We got rear wheels Captain! (Scotty voice)

These are actually nicer than my current shelf queen rear wheels as these have only one or two nicks in them and no curb rash, so these pics are for show as they're currently being swapped out :)

Now to get some new rubber :)

9235739c1f0f3b30b1b517fe194e0d91.jpg

My 50344 rear tires came in today to complete my stock GHII restoration. She's done! :D

My Super G tires should be here on Saturday :D

DSCN2306.jpg

DSCN2307.jpg

• Like 1

EDIT: nevermind, must use brain before posting

Double EDIT: I didn't get it the first time

Huge thanks to Mtn Bkr for providing me with yellow CVA shock bottoms! :)

And after the swap, I was able to fix my broken Pumpkin shock too! Triple Word Score!

357e9f9a4a38e24120e5aac353b8f8db.jpg

Interesting after doing a little research and looking at NIB examples in the showroom today. It appears the stock GHII's came with the black MSC, Super G's came with tan. Looks like my Super G MSC's are fine in the authenticity department as is my Stock GHII. Will have to save this recent black MSC ebay purchase for a rainy day I guess. ^_^

Other than that, got two sets of ball bearings coming and eyeballing a couple of rolling chassis'.

Put the correct black MSC in the stock GHII and gave her a full set of ball bearings. The black vintage MSC I got today in the mail was actually in really nice shape, so I cleaned it up a bit and plopped her in. Also swapped out the correct tan MSC in my shelf queen Super G. Last thing to fix (I spoke too soon in saying she's done) is to get a matching Futaba steering servo. THEN it's done :)

Pardon the toe-out. It's fixed :)

ff67901686cee13fb125e67e4c1662ad.jpg
82c4ffbed6bada8bbeaf8b3a0e5bdc54.jpg
d4621cf589af777a0bbeed862704a1f1.jpg

Thread back from the dead!

Well, I got another vintage decal set for the Grasshopper II for $25 USD last night. Not bad at all :D

So, the plan is to take the Runner Super G's body, strip the repro decals off of it, use the NOS vintage decals on it, and slap it on the stock GH II. So now, the Stock vintage GHII will be 100% perfect. The paint on the Runner G's body is in beautiful shape.  

The Stock GHII's current body will go on the Runner Super G. That body's decals are 99% original. I'll utilize the re-re set to replace the "I'm Hopping Mad" decal and roof trim decal and that's it. Only two decals on that body will be re-re. Everything else is original and untouched. 

My second Super G gets original vintage decals :lol:

ac2bbaf19db118159e94946c3df6a701.jpg

• Like 1