NWarty

So I won a Grasshopper II - Now with Super G content

There is a cure to the T virus, it's called lack of money lol.

LOL!

• Like 1

There is a cure to the T virus, it's called lack of money lol.

Your not trying hard enough, as there are always vital organs... :ph34r::P

• Like 2

They are called vital for a reason.... :unsure: You think the guy in FL will take a smokers lung for that Mountaineer?

Hey, for a three speed I could sacrifice a small appendage :D

• Like 1

I would... give him a hand! :D

I do hope you mean the severed variety... :blink:

I do hope you mean the severed variety... :blink:

Obviously - I now see how that can be misconstrued... :ph34r:

More on-topic: I remember when the Grasshopper II piqued my curiosity. It still does, although my collection has a fair stock of 2WD buggies.

I don't know what it was about the GH2 that captivated me but it was one of my favorites to run.

For sure, It wasn't the stellar handling - evidenced by the road rash on the roof with the broken front pillars bodged together with parts sprues and Shoe Goo. :lol:

Still, it had great lines and was a hoot to drive. Amazingly quick too, even with a silvercan motor.

Because 'Murrica color scheme!!!

:P

I do love the lines of this thing the more and more I look at it :)

i have too just completed a restore on a GH2 and am contemplating a wild one wheel set , but thinking of dying them with some green/yellow rit ?? i cant decide as the wheels and tyres that are on there now are very good

image_zpsc1367a78.jpg

image_zps2b4fa80e.jpg

image_zps85989cd0.jpg

http://s446.photobucket.com/user/biggamehunter2008/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps97f65332.jpg.html]image_zps97f65332.jpg

also got the cva,s on but black ones to match the originals

• Like 1

I saw your post in the sales forum for decals ;)

Your GHII looks fantastic!

• Like 1

thanks n warty , im not hijacking just thought reference pics with standard wheels might be a good addition to your thread as theres one of the super g and max put the wild one wheels on so i thought it was missing a total box art standard one

cheers shaun

• Like 1

Oh no worries Shaun! The more GHII's in this thread the merrier! :D

Look what came today! NIB Bodykit and a new Flysky Rx

DSCN1292.jpg

A huge thanks to Taliesin! Thank you my good sir!

79a.gif

• Like 1

Nice stuff! Don't destroy it. Better make a complete restoration and get another car, haha ;)

You are absolutely welcome, my good man.

We need to see some pics of the kids driving it !!!!

Tonight was the maiden voyage of my new Wild Willy 2. The wife and I went to a small local park about 2 blocks away and within 30 seconds of WW2 hitting the ground it looked like a scene out of the Pied Piper. There were about 9 or 10 little kids chasing it around the park and having a blast watching it tumble and me not being able to keep it on its wheels. :lol:

Fun was had by all.

• Like 1

That is awesome!!! I'm having 80's flashbacks :D

Shooting the first coats of color after getting a soapy warm water bath. Had to do a little sanding to get some burs off. Nothing major. Shooting another coat here shortly and then a couple day drying time.

DSCN1295.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good! You're going to have that done in no time. It is amazing how much better they look with a coat of nice smooth white paint under the decals. Seems like it wouldn't matter for a shell that is already cast in white plastic, but it really does make a huge difference. And they age better too I think.

• Like 1

This is probably the only reason why I never actually got around to buying another GH2.

I had a blast with the GH2 running Lunchbox tires but it really was hard on the steering rods - even the upgraded ones. So ... I bought this (and then another rescue project shortly thereafter - you know, for a spare. :rolleyes: )

DSCN2786_zpsc4fe0091.jpg

• Like 1

Gots to have a spare, no doubt! Really like that yellow on yellow, looks a lot better than the red/yellow of the MadBull (well, because the MB reminds me of my old Catholic School sports uniform :wacko: )

I also ordered a full set of bearings last night, JUST IN CASE it doesn't come with them. Heck, you can't have enough spares :P

My GHII is on the postal truck for delivery as we speak, so I should have a new toy when I get home today :D

My GHII is on the postal truck for delivery as we speak, so I should have a new toy when I get home today :D

Jealous now. Lucky man!

The more I think about it, the more I think this should be a full-on restoration, to be kept safe from the kids, who could instead be given a Mad Bull to mess around with. GHIIs are not often seen in their full splendour, and it would be great to see another well-restored one.

You could then rescue a Mad Bull off Ebay for next-to-nothing, and sort that out for the kids. With normal buggy rubber fitted, it looks the part, and the DT01 chassis is very kid-friendly with its almost indestructable rubbery plastic construction. I have one as my daily basher, and it is brilliant! Here is a pic:

Buggy%20010_zpscuqnuzz7.jpg

XV,

You bring up some very good points. I should say that this won't be a basher but a once in a while runner that I can let my boys drive once in a while. I am starting to get questions about when they can get their own car though :)

When I do want to take her for a spin, thank goodness I have a spare body :D

I've been thinking about buying another GH2 since this thread started ... but seeing XV Pilot's DT-01 makes me wonder why I don't do that instead!!

I've already got a spare Madbull runner that is missing one rear wheel. (FYI - if you let the wheel nut get loose it destroys the wheel pronto - like about the nanosecond you notice something is wrong its too late.) So while I was watching for a cheap set of rear wheels I just banged some extra Stadium Blitzer wheels on it and ran it. Guess what I ignored again until it was too late? (Why didn't I use some thread lock??? Grrrr. )

I'm pretty sure I've got both the uprights and maybe even the different / shorter steering links. I have tons of buggy wheels & tires for the DT-01/02. Hmmmm.

She's arrived!!!

First test drive and the rear suspension is in poor shape. One of the springs is missing and this thing creaks like a 200 year old house. Serious greasing is in order. I ran it with the FlySky Rx, but with the MSC, this thing needs an ESC since the rubber boot was melted around the controller. It hops and bounces all over the place like a GH. But it has so much charm! :D

Got to put the bumper back on and start tearing this thing down. And just as I expected, no bearings. Glad I bought a set :) Driver is almost finished as is the body.

Video added too! Sorry for the shaky film, my son was shooting video

DSCN1296.jpg

DSCN1297.jpg

DSCN1300.jpg

DSCN1298.jpg

Yeah, mine clattered like a bag of marbles in a hubcap too, but I loved it. Looks great. Runner body and wheels + shelfer body and wheels?

So are you going to get a 2nd one to race your son?

• Like 2