DaveDStevens

1:32 Scale Tamiya kits converted to slot cars

Just a snippet of the Nissan Monster Truck just about on the limit.

Wanted to make another pair of obstacles for my slot Monster Truck track to replace the cars when I am using the Tamiya Ford Ranger, as this model can just about manage all the other hazards but would not climb up and over the the 2 car bodies.
I had slipped up when I first made the track in not hitting on the idea of making all the obstacles the same size and interchangeable until after I had started building the track. So the car crush section ended up being a different size to all the other sections.
So it was a case of making another obstacle of the same size to replace the car bodies when required.
Took some photo's and video clips as I went about making the new section just to give anyone who is interested a idea of just how easy it is. If you did not mind drilling some holes in the track this style obstacle building and fixing could by used for Scalextric type track.

Here is a video of my 1:32 scale Monster Trucks converted to slot cars.

Whats the music track ? love it . got a link by any chance ?

If that is your truck on the front cover of SLOT magazine I saw yesterday, then congratulations!

Yes that was my Nissan King Cab on the cover of the magazine "Slot". See earlier post for video clips of the truck in action.

Dave Stevens

Just a thought, but have you contacted Hornby? I bet they'd be really interested in this concept.

Tamiya UK have shown a bit of interested in these trucks. Hornby - Scalextric have recently brought out their own version of slot Monster Trucks, but they do not have the capabilities of my trucks.

Cute! B) runs a bit fast though

Have you ever tried using one of those micro crawlers of similar size? They'd have some suspension & articulation.

A few of my Tamiya based Slot Monster Trucks in action.

Edited by DaveDStevens
changed link.
  • Like 6