Didn't know they'd reissued Space Hulk! That was the first "boxed game" I bought from them in the late 80's and it got me into all the others. I even bought it from an independent shop before GW moved into Croydon and chased the others out of town!

SH and it's expansion sets was a great introduction to the 40K universe and was even fun to play on your own thanks to the "blip" system.

I'd be interested to see what the boxed set plastic figures look like. The Assault on Black Reach figures were a huge improvement on the old plastic range. I've still not painted mine yet :)

I think I still have my old Blood Angles Terminator Captain from Space Hulk stashed away somewhere, I'll have to dig him out.

The only complete game I kept from the old days was Blood Bowl.

• Like 1

It's going to stay sealed for a little while, but at some point I'll paint the minis. Till then, I suggest a quick Web search as most of the world should be receiving their pre orders right about now and there should be lots of pics and unboxings on YouTube. Been a while since I painted a mini but here's a 'Nid from a few years ago.

IMG_20100915_103816.jpg

IMG_20100915_103730.jpg

• Like 1

Done a little research and it's already out of production? Nothing on the official GW site at all! Prices seem crazy on eBay, anything between £80 - £250!

Seems it's been deliberately created to make a load of money in as little time as possible, which is a shame. The marines look very nice though :)

• Like 1

I saw gw had it on there website about a week ago for £75 and some other places had it but it could only be bought in store and not online

Yes, once again they claimed it's a limited edition and after this printing(again) that they will never(again) reissue Space Hulk. The only reason I purchased it was that I never owned a copy. It was a quick cash grab from their loyal customers. It's this type of thinking as to why they are losing money. Games Workshop believes that they are in the collectible business rather than the games business. They have raised prices on their products over 50% in the last few years, stopped selling lots of products at local games stores, and make many items only available through their web store. Look at how ridiculous their pricing is on ebooks they sell and all the paint guides that used to be free on their site, they now charge for. I'm glad that this is not my main hobby and that I only occasionally pick up items of theirs.

• Like 1

I used to play Space Hulk regularly (about 20 years ago!). I had a set and a couple of expansion sets and a couple of mates had sets too. We used to lay out huge boards and run 5 and 6 player games. I think I've still got a lot of the original board pieces, instructions etc and a few Terminators. I'll have to dig them out some time...

• Like 2

Out of the dark vengence box set I bought have only painted 4 out the 48 miniatures you get with it lol need to get on with some more painting

Keep thinking about picking up a copy of the new release. Details are a bit vague but if you're interested this eBay seller has split the parts out.

Here's the Marines:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=221558868478

And the Genestealers:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=361062771011

Pricey but they look good.

This is all your fault Theibault!

847844FA-5E8E-4376-A28A-A735B7E0C26B_zps

Might have to start its own thread it looks so good :D

Theres loads in the box

C11D88BE-D5E1-46E3-B941-E1651205EAD1_zps

I can see this seriously making a dent in my RC fiddle time! Just what the winter ordered.

If anyone's interested GW Guidford still had quite a few copies on the shelves, £75 a pop.

That looks pretty neat, a lot flashier than the original issue. The price is a bit steep though...

I had a dig around and found my old stuff -

Game board pieces
DSCF3557_zps8a72e073.jpg

Rule books
DSCF3558_zps9b45271a.jpg

and Terminators!
DSCF3560_zps7e65179e.jpg

(Sorry about the poor photos)

I also found about 30 unpainted 'Stealers and a couple of unfinished Terminators. All the Terminators are old metal figures. They're a bit scratched and faded but seem to have survived fairly well.

Tucked away in another box was the remains of my Ultramarine army but a lot of it is damaged so I'll have to make some time to put them back together before I can show them.

• Like 2

20140930_091615_HDR_zpsspflbsrw.jpgLovely stuff! The new game looks great. I haven't opened mine yet. Just started painting again so that I can get my groove back to paint all the figures in the game and make them look good. Here's a Tau Fire warrior work in progress. This is just the first color layer after the primer. I forgot how much I enjoyed painting minis. :)
  • Like 1

Always liked the look of the figures but never played the 40K game or knew anything about it.  Decided to have a go at painting some and bought an entry kit with paints.

6uJCmLb.jpg

Not sure if I have the eyes or steady hand for this kind of detail (or the wallet to support buying many of these!).