Axeboy

58192 King Blackfoot - rebuild

Agreed, you have more patience than me :)

I might take a stab at masking the smaller parts like the rear "Ford" etc, but im worried i'll ruin it, we'll soon see :)

Both are looking good to me. Where did you get the Parma BF body from Axeboy?

It did take a while to get my Parma body looking like that! I just free handed the front & rear Ford letters, also the windscreen surround in silver first before spaying black over it all. The pressings in the mould are quite accurate for them so help to keep the brush straight.

I got it from Model Sport too, although I think Time Tunnel have them too now.

It's needed a few repairs since using it, but I won't go on hijacking your thread, I'll get round to doing one my self soon. Hopfully you will have more luck with your four body mounts. Enjoy it :)

Im lacking in skill and patience!

Ive painted the front grill, looks decent. The masks that came with the shell dont fit exactly as I'd like so used a little tamiya masking to tidy it up.

I'll give it a go later painting the FORD on the rear... fingers crossed!

The windscreen surround might be my next task. Cant actually paint the shell yet, waiting on some bits :)

Some parts today.

New C parts x 2 which includes the needed bodyposts

Motor plate

Pinion

Lipo from Hobbyking that fits :)

Just waiting on the new screw set from Jaaapaaaan

2v28dx3.jpg

Had to shorten the springs again, maybe later I'll buy new shocks that suit it better but its still to be tested.

Shell on and I bought a repro sticker set which came out alright. Just waiting on the screw set from Japan and I need to get some soldering skills to redo a deans on the new lipo, and that should be it

kds4qr.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good Axeboy. It's good to see those red springs still on there. What lipo do you intend to use?

I got one from Hobbyking, a "Turnigy nano-tech 4000mah 2S"

Fits perfectly

Project pretty much done, screw set arrived and I sorted a few issues with that plus it had the important servo arm.

The turnigy servo installed only went one way a full 180 degrees, no idea whats happened to it. Its new as well, but the Hobbyking servo I bought for the Montero wheelie works fine in it.

I'll be making an order to Banzai in a few weeks and I think I'll get the short CVA's for it... the Traxass shocks are nicely made but too long and its just not right. No rush for it, but I'll get that and maybe a torque tuned motor.

2ptouw3.jpg

beymq8.jpg

r03tcg.jpg

Even with the chopped springs the stance isnt right. But overall, project about done... CVA's and ill be happy

Why don't you just limit the length of the shocks as I did in my thread? (I had the same issues with my shocks being too long).

Its a fair point. I'll look into that before I make the jump.

Looks nice. Do they sell CVAs in red now? I know they started doing white ones, just thinking it might look nice with a bit of colour to tie in the body and chassis.