Blitz Supra

Kyosho Scorpion Re Release at Shizuoka Hobby Show !

Makes me wonder if this is a one off for their 50th anniversary, or a feeler to see how well re releases sell for them. They must be curious, seeing Tamiya doing it for years, and now AE with what appears to be two successful re releases. I hope it works as I don't care for the Scorpion, but I'd love a re-re Optima.

• Like 2

Makes me wonder if this is a one off for their 50th anniversary, or a feeler to see how well re releases sell for them. They must be curious, seeing Tamiya doing it for years, and now AE with what appears to be two successful re releases. I hope it works as I don't care for the Scorpion, but I'd love a re-re Optima.

That's what I am wondering too.

Does the Scorpion share it's chassis with any other model?

Also, what is the difference between the Scorpion and the Turbo Scorpion?

Man I always wanted this as a kid!!

I hope they improve there materials with the new metals and plastics because I recall back in the day hating kyosho models because they seemed to always break way to easy compared to other RC's I have had.

but I'd love a re-re Optima.

On the german news Site i linked in my first post, a german user says in his comment, the Optima also comes new. I hope this guy is a real Kyosho insider.

Scorpion, Beetle, Tomahawk, and Assault are all largely the same.

As for the Turbo, I think it's the typical K Turbo stuff: ball bearings, better shocks, better tires, faster kit motor.

• Like 1

Scorpion, Beetle, Tomahawk, and Assault are all largely the same.

As for the Turbo, I think it's the typical K Turbo stuff: ball bearings, better shocks, better tires, faster kit motor.

That's what I was hoping. We should definitely see at least one of the others from this chassis then.

For what it's worth, I think the reason that is has taken them this long is that they really did lose the original moulds long ago and only the enduring re-release boom has persuaded them to re-invest in their old tech. Hopefully they will make up for lost time by bringing back more classics within a short time frame, although our wallets might not agree with that sentiment. :)

I need only the front wheels. The entire model can be trashed in my opinion except the front wheels.

Max

• Like 1

Turbo came with a diff. Higher mounted rear wing I think as well.

Mmmmm this is very tasty news. Not for my credit card though.

Forgot a variant: Cox Sidewinder, which came with a truck body.

Great news ! I am in for the scorpion.... just make the next kyosho re re be the landjump !!!!

Having just downloaded Kyosho's 50th Anniversary commemorative catalogue, they are describing the Scorpion as one of 5 "Memorial Products", along with the Dash 1, 049 Cessna Centurion, Eleck Rider & Mini-Z. This could actually mean that they do only plan on re-releasing the Scorpion as a one-off effort. Hopefully though it will sell in spectacular fashion, which in turn motivates them to bring back all of their iconic buggies.

It's possible though that they have completely retooled for the Scorpion and might not fancy doing it again for the others. Considering how large an organisation they are though, especially in the field of die-cast modelling, I don't see how this would present a problem.

• Like 2

I'll buy a Scorpion in a heartbeat, probably an Eleck Rider too. I helped a friend of mine build his original Scorpion way back when and was so green with envy as I only had a Hornet, LOL.

And here's a photo for Big Duke of my new built Land Jump.

post-28041-0-73574100-1397723845_thumb.j

I will be buying the black metallic edition Hornet.....no question.

I will also be buying a standard Hornet NIB at the same time.

Both will be shelf queens.....as I already have a Hornet runner (soon to be a camo Fast Attack Hornet)

I will be buying the black metallic edition Hornet.....no question.

I will also be buying a standard Hornet NIB at the same time.

Both will be shelf queens.....as I already have a Hornet runner (soon to be a camo Fast Attack Hornet)

Are you in the right thread?

Probably not.....too many windows open!!!

Sorry lads

;) all good, just confused me a little bit (easily done), thought I was reading about the scorpion, then read your post lol

Having just downloaded Kyosho's 50th Anniversary commemorative catalogue, they are describing the Scorpion as one of 5 "Memorial Products", along with the Dash 1, 049 Cessna Centurion, Eleck Rider & Mini-Z. This could actually mean that they do only plan on re-releasing the Scorpion as a one-off effort. Hopefully though it will sell in spectacular fashion, which in turn motivates them to bring back all of their iconic buggies.

It's possible though that they have completely retooled for the Scorpion and might not fancy doing it again for the others. Considering how large an organisation they are though, especially in the field of die-cast modelling, I don't see how this would present a problem.

Money talks! When they see the sales they will make more. My bet is that we will see the Tomahawk as well.. It's 4 posts, a fibreglass tray, and a shorter bent roll bar and a heat sink on tranny.

With regards to the optima.. Those are a bit more complex.. So it's though to say