Blitz Supra

Kyosho Scorpion Re Release at Shizuoka Hobby Show !

Based on a tip from this page on RC Car Action, I tried cutting the overspray mask around the driver and painting that area white. Looks grim during the process...

scorpion_painted.jpg

...but after removing the mask, it's all good:

scorpion_done.jpg

I've tried out the included driver-area stickers for now, but just can't see them lasting very long. They're trying to cover highly irregular surfaces. I'll probably do some hand-painting once they inevitably fall off or get dirt stuck under them.

Think it may have something to do with a special bending process of the carbon?

Bet the carbon gearbox mount will be pricey too.

Having looked at the piece in question again. I think you are right because there a lip which is more difficult to produce. The mfg has to use a curve surface to from the lip or as you have mentioned some how bend it during production. Maybe $36.00 is not too expensive, but as consumers we always prefer to pay less. :lol:

I curious, how reliable the banzai shop availability info is now. When I ordered a few parts, they send me 2 days later a mail, with a confirmation of 50% of my order. So please let us know, what they are actually able to deliver.

I sent Banzai a message yesterday asking about stock, they replied back the same day saying they were processing my order and it would ship Monday.

Must say I am impressed with the speed of the reply.

Will update when I receive notification of shipment.

Having looked at the piece in question again. I think you are right because there a lip which is more difficult to produce. The mfg has to use a curve surface to from the lip or as you have mentioned some how bend it during production. Maybe $36.00 is not too expensive, but as consumers we always prefer to pay less. :lol:

Believe me I would like to see lower prices myself, will have a small fortune in building my full option Scorpion.

I'm only going on the fact the Kyosho mentions the "special forming process" for the servo mount and gear box mount.

Kyosho really has made the Scorpion re release so much more exciting by offering these hop ups.

• Like 1

my order with Banzai for hop-ups went through ok however they've sent an email saying basically its all gone out of stock. So I have to refund or go back order. Not sure what to do. If I choose back order option will that put me top of the list for when the next lot of parts comes in to them?

So, today I was out in the streets and some sandy roads with the car. I need to learn a lot, how to drive on high speed. The car went on the top and I kissed a few times the sidewalk. I think I need a third kit, when bashing will continue at this peace. :)

I finally found a fitting motor for my Scorpion after I burned out the Sport tuned I had originally put it it. It's a Le Mans 360st. Anybody know anything about this motor? It's fast I know that.

101_2906_zpse71b0f67.jpg

101_2904_zps80707743.jpg

• Like 2

How did you burn out the Sport Tuned?

The 360ST has a longer can (550 size) than regular 540 motors as I'm sure you already noticed.

This gives it more torque.

Back in the day Kyosho used the numbers to indicate runtime

The "360" designation originally meant that it was designed for 360 seconds (6 minutes) of racing before the batteries of the day dumped.

The 240ST motor was a 4 minute racing motor, and the 480S and 480T were 8 minute motors designed for Speed and Torque respectively.

Of course these numbers were approximate and your runtime would vary base on battery capacity and running conditions.

The 360ST was the regular version with bushings and fixed endbell whereas the 360 Gold was fitted with ball bearings and adjustable timing. There was also the 360PT.

Le_Mans_Motors_Specs.jpg

• Like 3

Well, got my notice from Banzai, all items out of stock :(

They did send my payment back immediately.

Guess that it is how it will be until they get more of these parts out.

Well, got my notice from Banzai, all items out of stock :(

They did send my payment back immediately.

Guess that it is how it will be until they get more of these parts out.

I appreciate your feed back, good luck with the delivery!

How did you burn out the Sport Tuned?

The 360ST has a longer can (550 size) than regular 540 motors as I'm sure you already noticed.

This gives it more torque.

Back in the day Kyosho used the numbers to indicate runtime

The "360" designation originally meant that it was designed for 360 seconds (6 minutes) of racing before the batteries of the day dumped.

The 240ST motor was a 4 minute racing motor, and the 480S and 480T were 8 minute motors designed for Speed and Torque respectively.

Of course these numbers were approximate and your runtime would vary base on battery capacity and running conditions.

The 360ST was the regular version with bushings and fixed endbell whereas the 360 Gold was fitted with ball bearings and adjustable timing. There was also the 360PT.

Le_Mans_Motors_Specs.jpg

Thanks for that info Champ85, I actually broke a brush holder/spring on the Sport tuned. It was hot and I got into a bind and it snapped right off.

Thanks for that info Champ85, I actually broke a brush holder/spring on the Sport tuned. It was hot and I got into a bind and it snapped right off.

That's too bad. They are usually pretty good motors.

Hopefully the 360ST serves you well.

Still twiddling my thumbs waiting for parts

IMG_1427_zpsc7b1bc62.jpg

After a great deal of searching, I found the right color for a 70/80's era truck (more to come on the color). Round one of painting:

IMG_1424_zpscec40742.jpg

IMG_1426_zps7f32ddc5.jpg

Totally pinche'd that one.....

I've painted dozens of bodies before, but never with "candy" colors. Apparently those are supposed to be lightly sprayed, then backed with silver. I unloaded a whole big can of SpazStix Candy Golden Rootbeer thinking it would become less transparent with each coat. It just got darker, then crackled in some areas. Hopefully it will be salvageable. Masking the ***** body took hours, and I'd hate for all that time to go to waste.

I was really shooting for a metallic brown. Bummed.

IMG_1428_zps3c0a2953.jpg

Meanwhile, Option Parts are in the mail;

Machined motor mount

Rear HG shock tower

U-joint axles

Hardened chassis rails

Mini front bumper

Carbon servo saver mount

Red alloy arms

Gonna have almost enough spares now to build another car.

Another order arrived today; motor, motor plate, hardened rails, servo saver mount

IMG_1458_zpsa1d135d2.jpg

IMG_1459_zps22bb99ab.jpg

IMG_1461_zps062f79e9.jpg

I admit I got the motor 'cause it was red and black. It's probably a crawler motor or something dumb.

I admit I got the motor 'cause it was red and black. It's probably a crawler motor or something dumb.

That motor was standard on some versions of both the Lazer ZX-5 off roader and the TF-5 touring car, and probably other Kyoshos as well. I have the same one in my Scorpion. I also used the rest of the electronics from the ZX-5.

I was really shooting for a metallic brown. Bummed.

IMG_1428_zps3c0a2953.jpg

When finished that body is going to be 100% eye-candy!