Blitz Supra

Kyosho Scorpion Re Release at Shizuoka Hobby Show !

12 hours ago, LongRat said:

Wondering if anyone has any good tips on alternative shocks for the Scorpion.  I see lots of people have gone for the HGs and they are so smooth, but I would really prefer something a little more scale looking if possible, so smaller diameter like the kit shocks.  After a couple of years of use mine need rebuilding after every couple of runs due to leaks, and the seals are a bit of a nightmare even when new frankly.  What I am really looking for is something like the Boomerang Racing crawler shocks but they only seem to come in long lengths around 100mm, and we need more like 60mm for this car.

You could check out RC4wd, they do lots of scale shocks at varying lengths, not sure if as short as 60, but have definitely seen 70 mm

• Like 1

RC4WD is a good call - I trawled through their offerings but their shorter shocks are not oil damped.  I believe the shortest oil-damped shock they sell is 70mm, which may be ok with extended mounts - but then the travel is only 12mm rather than the 15+ needed.  Does anyone know the length of the HG shocks hole-to-hole and their travel?

Who knew you can use tamiya wheels and tires on the scorpion!

I just put heat shrink on the axle probably can use a brass pipe if you want and you must put the wheels on backwards with the front facing inside and they work!

P1040279.JPG

• Like 2

On 10/01/2017 at 7:44 AM, 67CamaroSS said:

Just finished mine.

IMG_0078_zpsvkfy2cga.jpg

IMG_0079_zpshjal7ayh.jpg

IMG_0080_zps3vcnpuqv.jpg

IMG_0081_zpsdovlvrlu.jpg

Can I just say that scorpion look absolutely amazing brilliant job!

Thought I would update with some pics of my shock upgrade.  Went for Boomerang Racing Type G shocks.  Internal springs with functioning reservoirs.  Top upgrade, needed some custom mounting parts to get them to the top of the cage though as they are 100mm long.  Actually more realistic like this though!  This setup has been raced maybe 5 times now, works great.

IMG_3325.JPG

IMG_3323.JPG

• Like 5

I told myself I wouldn't buy a Kyosho unless the Progress was re-released but ended up with a brand new built Scorpion off eBay for $140 shipped. Too good to pass up. I was quite surprised to see such a great thread!

On Tuesday, January 23, 2018 at 2:23 AM, SupraChrgd82 said:

IMG_2869

Nice paintjob! What is that front bumper?

The front bumper is one of the bumpers that comes with the Beetle. Maybe it is also in the Scorpion kit, I don’t know.

9 minutes ago, Klausen said:

The front bumper is one of the bumpers that comes with the Beetle. Maybe it is also in the Scorpion kit, I don’t know.

It's only included with the Beetle. Available as a spare part with item number SC244, which includes the Beetle front bumper and the rear body mounts (upper Cage parts) specific for the Beetle.

• Like 1

Right urgent bump, in the current crisis I’ve decided to build my scorpion. But what about the shocks are they really just going to flat out leak? Is there anything I can do to them while building to prevent leakage?

On 3/26/2020 at 1:45 PM, CoolHands said:

Right urgent bump, in the current crisis I’ve decided to build my scorpion. But what about the shocks are they really just going to flat out leak? Is there anything I can do to them while building to prevent leakage?

Not put oil in them.. :D  I messed with them for a long time, gave up and bought the HG update shocks. Those are a work of art 

• Like 1