Blitz Supra

Kyosho Scorpion Re Release at Shizuoka Hobby Show !

Mine arrived today :) couldn't resist opening and starting the build. Must ask two things to you who have built this kit;

1. My gearbox isn't very smooth when trying to tighten the screws for the cover sc205. It works smooth if I tighten them by hand without any tools. Doesn't feel right.

2. The shocks... How to make them work? Filling up with oil according to instructions but it's all a mess.

Any ideas? Please let me know

I had same issue with gearbox. The bearing on the far side of the diff was not sitting well.. Took me a few tries to get it to seat. Now it runs smoothly. Probably needs a little deburing

Shocks: can't be much help.. Was a nightmare. Best bet would be to drill a bleed hole in top and close with a screw

• Like 1

Wow looks nice ..Have a ? guy's what did you do with the diff is it good out of the box? ( did not feel mine yet ) or did you fill it up better or clean it out and fill it with fluid if possible?

may put some Tamiya anti wear grease in there...or just leave it..

Hey guys, what are the measurements of the front and rear shocks?

Front length uncompressed / compressed:

Rear length uncompressed / compressed:

Shock body OD:

Spring ID:

Thank you!

- Brian

The diff is fine out of the box. I too had the issue with the gearbox, but after a run, it was fine.

• Like 1

I had same issue with gearbox. The bearing on the far side of diff was not sitting well.. Took me a few tried to get it to seat. Not it runs smoothly. Probably needs a little deburing

Shocks: can't be much help.. Was a nightmare. Best bet would be to drill a bleed hole in top and close with a screw

Thanks. Yes all the bearings are a really tight fit all over. Will try again.

Thanks for the input ... not sure when I will start putting it together though.

It's a super quick and easy build. I took my time, and other than paint, I probably spent 3 or so hours on it.

Fedex says mine should be here tomorrow. But I probably won't have time to do anything with it for a couple of weeks. But hey, by then, you guys will have all the bugs ironed out, right?

• Like 1

The diff feels notchy when it's in your hand. But when installed its smooth. It's the same diff as the RB6, so you can fill it with silicon diff fluid.

The only lube I ever use is wet wax. It's commonly used for cycling. I'm currently using Finishline Ceramic wet wax. It forms a thin layer on gears and suspension shafts. Helps repel dirt. Neat stuff!

Posted Image

• Like 1

The diff feels notchy when it's in your hand. But when installed its smooth. It's the same diff as the RB6, so you can fill it with silicon diff fluid.

The only lube I ever use is wet wax. It's commonly used for cycling. I'm currently using Finishline Ceramic wet wax. It forms a thin layer on gears and suspension shafts. Helps repel dirt. Neat stuff!

sydarysy.jpg

I got some stuff like that also I use it on hinge pins and stuff and also outer spur and pinion gears.

I think it's made by WD40 or 3 in one looks the same bottle and all.

It's a super quick and easy build. I took my time, and other than paint, I probably spent 3 or so hours on it.

Yea I don't know what color to paint the body I want the top part different than the yellow...and I don't know when I will start putting it together...but you know how that goes maybe tomorrow!!

• Like 1

Wow was just looking at some of the parts and the rear tires look so soft almost air filled feeling and the fronts so hard almost plastic like feeling?

why did they make the fronts like plastic?

Wow was just looking at some of the parts and the rear tires look so soft almost air filled feeling and the fronts so hard almost plastic like feeling?

why did they make the fronts like plastic?

Not sure. I found it funny that I had to glue the rears but not the fronts.

Not sure. I found it funny that I had to glue the rears but not the fronts.

I never seen a real RC car tire this hard yet maybe on a cheap $30.00 toy grad rc... maybe they did it so the front would push so you would have to go through turns slower so you would not flip it all the time.

That's exactly why.. To make sure it pushed. In the option list, there is a soft version of the front tyre available as well.

well started the build!

two things that I found Kyosho could have did better and they probingly will change on future re lease kits are.

1 shock lexan seals pain in the but to get on over the threads and they don't look like a great way to seal a shock

2 this they probably will definitely fix.. Dreaded POP sticking joint feel guy's complained about when pushing up the rear A arm in the middle of its travel it jams and pops then goes up further.... Nothing is binding on the arm it is in fact that Kyosho made the dog bone a bit to long or did not grinde out the out drives deep enough .

when you push the suspension up when it pops you can see when it gets tight try and wiggle the dog bone no play at all it's jamming and that's what's causing the problem.

Lexan seals: front 2 went on. Back ones I lost my patience lol.

• Like 1

2 this they probably will definitely fix.. Dreaded POP sticking joint feel guy's complained about when pushing up the rear A arm in the middle of its travel it jams and pops then goes up further.... Nothing is binding on the arm it is in fact that Kyosho made the dog bone a bit to long or did not grinde out the out drives deep enough .

when you push the suspension up when it pops you can see when it gets tight try and wiggle the dog bone no play at all it's jamming and that's what's causing the problem.

Had this problem too during my build, but there's an easy fix. Loosen the two screws underneath that is holding the rod on which the arm is mounted. Press the arm outward and tighten the screws again. Voila!

Hope my description makes sense. This was hard to describe...

Seems everything is a tight fit on this car.

Had this problem too during my build, but there's an easy fix. Loosen the two screws underneath that is holding the rod on which the arm is mounted. Press the arm outward and tighten the screws again. Voila!

Hope my description makes sense. This was hard to describe...

Seems everything is a tight fit on this car.

Tried this a few times.. No change

Well finished! very quick build.

I painted around the bottom edges of the body with green... after coating the body first with funky flake .. then I painted the rest black.

Will get better photos when it's nice outside.

P1010347_zps0543b9e1.jpg

P1010346_zpsfa55946c.jpg

P1010345_zpsbc4e98bb.jpg

• Like 4