Blitz Supra

Kyosho Scorpion Re Release at Shizuoka Hobby Show !

Thanks I did not believe How fast I did it from box to paint to ready to run!!

I even took some breaks in-between but was only a couple hours!

I will get some photos outside those photos don't show what it looks like.

For those in the USA, kyoshoamerica.com has Scorpion 2014 parts in stock, including a few optional parts such as the red and black radio tubs and polished chrome wheels. I've just placed an order for some spares. Prices aren't too bad, but maybe I'm just comparing to vintage prices. At any rate, I've yet to see any spare parts for sale anywhere else.

Mine arrived today, just as I'm about to fly out for a couple weeks with work, oh well, something to look forward too when I get home

imagejpg1_zpse701d5ac.jpg

imagejpg2_zps1b1bc85c.jpg

• Like 2

Tried this a few times.. No change

I had to undo the screws about 5mm, hold the arm out quite firmly (not too much force of course) and keeping it this way while fastening the screws again.

Didn't work for me the first time when I only loosened the screws a couple of turns.

For those in the USA, kyoshoamerica.com has Scorpion 2014 parts in stock, including a few optional parts such as the red and black radio tubs and polished chrome wheels. I've just placed an order for some spares. Prices aren't too bad, but maybe I'm just comparing to vintage prices. At any rate, I've yet to see any spare parts for sale anywhere else.

Banzai have got a lot of spares and hop ups already too. I ended up buying my kits with them, as RC Champ let me down, and bought the red tub, black tub and black wing (red wing wasn't in stock for some reason).

It looks like I have beaten customs too so that's two kits with the alternative tubs and wing for £305. Not too shabby. :)

• Like 1

Banzai have got a lot of spares and hop ups already too. I ended up buying my kits with them, as RC Champ let me down, and bought the red tub, black tub and black wing (red wing wasn't in stock for some reason).

It looks like I have beaten customs too so that's two kits with the alternative tubs and wing for £305. Not too shabby. :)

Yeah I'm thinking about ordering the tubs/wings too

I am in a state of shock here....just checked the tracking info again and they have been delivered to my home address already so will be waiting for me when I get home tonight. They landed at Heathrow 12 hours ago!!!

This is a new record for me, and yeah....zero customs charges. :D

• Like 1

I am in a state of shock here....just checked the tracking info again and they have been delivered to my home address already so will be waiting for me when I get home tonight. They landed at Heathrow 12 hours ago!!!

This is a new record for me, and yeah....zero customs charges. :D

Jammy!

Just paid my fees and collected mine ..

676A3DBE-36A6-41F7-8130-E155F94E1B3C_zps

Still cheaper than buying in the UK though :D

Mine came in from tower yesterday right as we were going out to eat last night. I popped it in my truck and part way through the concert I stole away to go check it out. The parts look much nicer than the vintage. Kyosho did a great job on this rere.

So, Percymon and Wandy, how much did you pay altogether?

Still waiting for mine, like a sucker! The UK shops are always last in the queue. :angry:

After duties and handling fees I ended up at approx £165 (can't remember the exact excahnge rate at the time). without the fees it would have been £140.

Maybe not the saving it could have been but best I've seen in UK is £185 - the £20 saving will buy a motor or servo :D

Wow, that's a lot of Scorpions lol. Glad to see so many getting the car. I've really been enjoying mine. I'll be throwing a nice brushless set up in mine soon. The silver can I put in is fine, but I need more power! :P

Hey man hows your rear suspension if you pop off a shock at mid point compressing the suspension does it still bind?

Kyosho just needs to grind out the drive cups like a few mm more deeper to fix it .

Wow, that's a lot of Scorpions lol. Glad to see so many getting the car. I've really been enjoying mine. I'll be throwing a nice brushless set up in mine soon. The silver can I put in is fine, but I need more power! :P

My suspension is fine. Haven't taken the shock off to see if it still binds without it as I don't think it'll be driven without a shock lol. :P PS, love your paint job. Now hurry and get pics outside!

Yummy. B)

scor003_zps024040df.jpg

So, Percymon and Wandy, how much did you pay altogether?

Mine added up like this....

2 x Scorpion Kits - $406.47

1 x Radio Box Set (Red) - $11.03

1 x Radio Box Set (Black) - $11.03

1 x Wing (Black) - $3.15

Shipping via EMS - $68.93

So a total of $500.60. Which, converted using PayPal's pathetic rate, came out as £305.92. If PayPal weren't so greedy I could have got it all for just under £300.

On the flipside though I was expecting to have to pay anything between £30 & £70 extra through customs fees so this has been a massive win. :)

• Like 1

My suspension is fine. Haven't taken the shock off to see if it still binds without it as I don't think it'll be driven without a shock lol. :P PS, love your paint job. Now hurry and get pics outside!

Dang it!!

I can't it's cloudy out I need sun!!

• Like 1

Still waiting for my pre-order from MB Models in the UK. So, we are paying a lot more AND getting them much later? Awesome. <_<

Still waiting for my pre-order from MB Models in the UK.  So, we are paying a lot more AND getting them much later?  Awesome.  <_<

Lol! I'm still shocked that the UK operates this way. Id expect it from Italy, France and Spain .. But not from our cousins across the pond.

Still waiting for my pre-order from MB Models in the UK. So, we are paying a lot more AND getting them much later? Awesome. <_<

Modelsport are expecting theirs in on July 21st so not too much longer to wait from MB either, I would expect.

Anyone here noticed the typos yet? One on the box lid, first bullet point in the black text, and another on the decal sheet...

Anyone here noticed the typos yet? One on the box lid, first bullet point in the black text, and another on the decal sheet...

yea the sticker colors for the 2 tone ones are upsides down backwards. look at them on the buggy on the box.