Blitz Supra

Kyosho Scorpion Re Release at Shizuoka Hobby Show !

I had to file mine down, I didn't want to tweak the front end as I intend to run mine.Such a joy to work on simple machines

Just got my kit from MB Models.

I'm now building it. Regarding fit and finish, you need to file the main chassis rails at the bend, as the material has bulged here and the shock towers will not fit flush to the rails. Have to say though, the kit is beautiful. The rear tyres are rock crawler soft, if not even softer. They will grip exceptionally but won't last long. Tamiya Scorcher/RR/Frog/Hornet etc tyres are pretty much the exact same size and fit straight onto the Kyosho rims! Superb. The Kyosho rears also come fitted with nice foam inserts too, which is pretty much essential given how soft the tyres are.

Back in the day the rear Tamiya Holiday Buggy tyres were "the" tyres to have. My original scorpion had those on the original Kyosho rims. If only Mr. T would rerelease that tyre

Scorpion is a work of art.

The alloy looks so shiny & bright. Seems ashame to open the blister packs BUT this is a runner.

Bring on next Sat!!!!

P7250177_zps78179f94.jpg

P7250178_zps08422d14.jpg
  • Like 4

The forged suspension arms are superbly made, forged first then machined for the bearing seats. They are really well done. I don't really get the rear wheel mounting, which relies on the ridges in the drive hub biting into the wheel itself. I can't see this lasting with high power motors, if it's an issue I'll be making some adapters to engage the ribs in the wheel, and to accept aftermarket wheels potentially.

Looks like my Scorpion is still awaiting customs, ordered it from Tower on the 11th and it's still not here. I find it so funny that I can order stuff from HK and Japan and have it in a week but if I order something from the states it takes 2 weeks+. This will be my last order from USA, I'm going to try buying from HK for my kits for now on. Man, I was really looking forward to having it this week too:)

The forged suspension arms are superbly made, forged first then machined for the bearing seats. They are really well done. I don't really get the rear wheel mounting, which relies on the ridges in the drive hub biting into the wheel itself. I can't see this lasting with high power motors, if it's an issue I'll be making some adapters to engage the ribs in the wheel, and to accept aftermarket wheels potentially.

It's a design that dates back to the days when a 16 turn mod was a "really hot" motor. It works just fine with the 540-type motors the car was designed for. Tamiya 5-prong GH/Hornet/Frog adapters work, as will wide 12mm hexes.

It's a design that dates back to the days when a 16 turn mod was a "really hot" motor. It works just fine with the 540-type motors the car was designed for. Tamiya 5-prong GH/Hornet/Frog adapters work, as will wide 12mm hexes.

+1 and if you add the fact that you now have a slipper to boot, you're not going to tear up rear hub. In addition, If you're running on dirt, your tyres are going to slip and kick up dirt.

Reading through the manual and under Option parts there is a Le Mans motor 490.

Never herd of the 490 but it's brushed . Motor recommended is no less then a 27T.

The pinions spur gear combinations is included but you have swap both at the same time like the Frog but not a pain as the spur gear just slids off when the gear cover is removed by the body clip.

I will start building next Friday as I have alot of other r/c to do this weekend but can't wait.

• Like 2

Have you had a chance to run yours Shenlonco? I'm interested to know how the torque tuned motor works. We need some more video of this buggy.

Not sure if anyone subscribes to the Rogue Elements newsletter (if you don't you need to) but their latest limited product is a very nice custom engraved roof panel for the Scorpion. Just register at the website for the newsletter and you 'should' get an email about it with instructions on how to order.

http://www.rogueelementcomponents.com

Posted Image

• Like 1

Have you had a chance to run yours Shenlonco? I'm interested to know how the torque tuned motor works. We need some more video of this buggy.

Sorry I did not get a chance to run it yet.

Shen

It really flies! I do love the way the Scorpion was brought out on a flatbed in that video...

Joker makes some great videos. He's a man after my own heart making quasi RC music videos. ^_^

• Like 1

I just got mine delivered from MB models and want to paint the body yellow but no mention of a paint code in the instructions,what's everyone using,Tamiya PS-6???

IMG_0530_zps8cd1a46b.jpgPS6 is way too light by itself. That's what I used but I backed it with red to get the right shade of yellow.
  • Like 1

Has anyone else felt that the pinion to spur gear mesh is a little tight. ??

Mine has a high spot and no give in the meshing.... Will have to fix that...

Has anyone else felt that the pinion to spur gear mesh is a little tight. ??

Mine has a high spot and no give in the meshing.... Will have to fix that...

Hi yes what you need to do is first loosen up the two motor screws a few turns out.

And in the tight spot put like 2 pieces of paper rolled in-between the gears mesh right in the tight spot . Do this with the motors screws lose and then tighten the outside screw all the way tight than pull out the paper and pull out the middle gear than tighten the other motor screw down.

I did this with mine and it helped out a lot...try it let me know if it works for you.

Built in an evening and what a pleasure it was to do,i've never built a Kyosho before and it was great,brilliant instructions,build bag by bag,nice tools included and a good quality feel to everything.

167tik7.jpg

No motor or r/c gear installed yet,what motor are you all fitting,i'd like to keep it Kyosho,any links?

Next job is to start the restoration of my original,quite alot of differences between old and new,i'll do this one box art too and have them side by side on display. :)

1zxbj38.jpg

• Like 3

I was looking at some of the Scorpion photos online. Wife came by and saw the buggy then said "Ooou that's so cute!" I took that as an "OK" to buy. And so I did. Very excited!

• Like 1

I saw these picts on RCtech from a build in Japan. I had not given much thought to the red tub.. But have to admit it looks really nice

zynuzyvy.jpgenaruva6.jpg

• Like 2