Blitz Supra

Kyosho Scorpion Re Release at Shizuoka Hobby Show !

I don't read Japanese but this guy has addressed the notchy rear suspension arm movement by doing some filing and spacing.

http://m.blogs.yahoo.co.jp/tanatwo1970/69112705.html

Yea I was going to simply grind the back round side of the dog bone off a bit and place it in the gear box side cup but I just did what I explained in the photo I posted about the problem and it fixed it.

Has anyone heard of Jconcepts making premounts for the Scorpion?I saw this picture on the Japanese site but can't find anything on JConcepts site about it http://blogs.c.yimg.jp/res/blog-75-0e/tanatwo1970/folder/995333/86/69154586/img_4?1406736587

Those bags are open, maybe he's just storing them pre mounted in there, although the tyres themselves are interesting.

Those bags are open, maybe he's just storing them pre mounted in there, although the tyres themselves are interesting.

I believe those are the tires JConcepts created for the RC10 Classic. It looks like he just put them on some modified Scorpion wheels.

Steve

• Like 1

I was just observing the Scorpion rear trailing suspension from the videos and the pics.

Is this design more superior than the Wild One/Frog rear trailings (assuming all the axles are smooth 😄)

Which came into the market in the 80s first, Scorpion or Frog?

Can the chassis tub not be painted, I was hoping to just paint over the tub in a colour I eventually decide on? 

It can be painted. Surface is a little slick .. A light sand and primer should do the trick

I was just observing the Scorpion rear trailing suspension from the videos and the pics.

Is this design more superior than the Wild One/Frog rear trailings (assuming all the axles are smooth )

Which came into the market in the 80s first, Scorpion or Frog?

I was thinking the same thing.

Remember the re re Scorpion is quite a bit different then the original. Also it had a solid spool ( No diff till the Turbo came out later)

The Frog was a evolution of the Brat. So I think the Frog was out after the Scorpion but the Frog had a Diff but the Brat didn't.... It be interesting in hearing from others who saw these cars or had them in the early 80's............

I had a Subaru Brat and then bought the Scorpion. I think they were out about the same time.. Frog came afterwards. Although the ORV chassis is just plain strange in design.

I had a Subaru Brat and then bought the Scorpion. I think they were out about the same time.. Frog came afterwards. Although the ORV chassis is just plain strange in design.

Any reasons why you have to buy the Scorpion after you owned an ORV? :)

Banzai has some new parts listed, carbon shock mounts, black wheels, tires, red wing, etc..

Happy to see this stuff coming out :D

Any reasons why you have to buy the Scorpion after you owned an ORV? :)

lol... Sigh Where to begin....

The Scorpion trailing arms would be more accurately described as 'semi-trailing'. The pivot line isn't perpendicular to the chassis centre line like it is on the Tamiya cars. This means you get a degree of camber change as the suspension compresses, keeping more of a constant contact patch between the tyre and the ground as the chassis rolls. There's also more travel and the shocks are better. Put these all together and you have a car that handles quite a lot better than, say, the Wild One. Add to that the fact that the arms and mounting locations are all aluminium and there is also a durability advantage.

Just finished my Scorpion. I did a Kawasaki motocross style paint job. Two of my friends have also bought the Scorpion and they are doing the Honda and KTM schemes. They should look smart on the track.

10592782_10154373741000167_3232740569768

• Like 5

Just finished my Scorpion. I did a Kawasaki motocross style paint job. Two of my friends have also bought the Scorpion and they are doing the Honda and KTM schemes. They should look smart on the track.

10592782_10154373741000167_3232740569768

Cool!!

It's nice seeing different paint jobs than the standard box art yellow.

• Like 2

Well I finished mine off.

It's in my 80's racing colour scheme.

Torque tune motor and a Venon 240A brushed esc.

P8020186_zps1b67e9f1.jpg

• Like 4

I just took mine for a rip and WOW! Should I feel guilty running this thing? cause it is fun. I'm running a sport tuned and I am very surprised at its speed.

I just took mine for a rip and WOW! Should I feel guilty running this thing? cause it is fun. I'm running a sport tuned and I am very surprised at its speed.

Well, photos required of it running !

Did you snag at an Ontario Hobby Shop or overseas ?

• Like 1

Pressed the buy button from RCMart. Paid cash, got a discount and now got to find a hidding place. The lettering on the tires are find.
Right product, right price = done deal.

Correction, after getting it home, took a look at it again and found slight paint damage on the rear tire. :(:angry: . Must be my poor eye sight or rubbing during the trip home.

Kyosho should place the lettered part of the tire at the bottom where the plastic case is not right up against the letterings.

Here's my running Scorpion:

IMG_1437_zps5cca66e2.jpg

IMG_1463_zpsc4d78007.jpg

I bought it from Amain some weeks ago. I've been running it a lot and love it! It has Kyosho Mega Outlaw Stock 22x1 motor, Tamiya TEU-105BK ESC and 2S 2400mAh Lipo. Very cool and reasonably prised little buggy. :)

• Like 4

Well, photos required of it running !

Did you snag at an Ontario Hobby Shop or overseas ?

Its not painted yet but soon. I ordered mine from Tower but I heard there was stock at some LHS in the GTA.

Its not painted yet but soon. I ordered mine from Tower but I heard there was stock at some LHS in the GTA.

Get painting !

I have the chassis completed on my build. I'm waiting for the red tub and black wing to arrive then I can continue with the electronics installation. Still trying to figure out what motor to install. Probably going to go old school 27 turn stock...maybe even a sliver can.

Just ran mine for the first time.

With a Torque Tune motor this thing rips. Suspension really works well. Feels every bit as good as my TRF Frog which is very modified.

Nice Job Kyosho. :)