Blitz Supra

Kyosho Scorpion Re Release at Shizuoka Hobby Show !

That was my plan, I thought 1 to run, 1 fully hopped up, and now I'm thinking I need a Beetle build :D

10610920_10154462495130167_8053441552395

Since we are talking about these on the beach. I can confirm it goes very well on such terrain :)

• Like 1

You know, the best way to satisfy your self is buy two kits, one for the beach and one for NIB/shelf-queen or in the worst case as a spare part stock. :)

I know, I know. Three is Even better, one stock build, one built and modified and one NIB :-P

10610920_10154462495130167_8053441552395

Since we are talking about these on the beach. I can confirm it goes very well on such terrain :)

There you go, looks amazing..

What a nice, NICE looking piece of a kit! Thanks for sharing these pictures. I see Kyosho haven't improved the precision in their craftsmanship, with these issues that in a way are part of their tradition. Still, I know I would LOVE to have a Scorpion in my collection! :)

15109468452_2301869ca3_c.jpg

almost ready for the beach by Istvan Penzes, on Flickr

The first drive was great, I think, it will be light blue, but I stil need to decide the striping.

That looks awesome! Just curious why you didn't run the motor cables through the chassis. Did you have to cut the body so that it'd fit?

Even if I have to cut a bit of the Lexan body cover, this is the best position I found. The sensor cable is running through the body, but there is no way to fit the three other cables without drilling. I like the look of the cables on the top. Furthermore I don't want to bent the cables to much.

I Dremeled the opening in the rear of the chassis tub to allow passage for 3 motor wires. Didn't have to accommodate a sensor cable as I'm running a sensorless system.

Anyone know what Kyosho's plans are for Option Parts in the USA?

I got the HG shocks, but RC Carbon Works extended shock towers don't fit right. Front is too short, rear is too tall. Not to mention that HG shocks are excessively complex.

I can't find a carbon servo saver mount anywhere.

The U-joint axles are expected to solve the binding dog-bone issue.

My box of aftermarket spares is expanding for this car from experimenting with North American aftermarket parts.

Several shops in Japan have most of the Option Parts listed, but nothing here. Presumably, parts are available, no?

The dogbones are binding? How does that happen?

Does anybody know where to buy the Scorpion in Europe at the best price?

I see it at 214,5 on eBay.de

LMK Thank you.

Tamico.de has it for EUR 213,99. ;)

Anyone know what Kyosho's plans are for Option Parts in the USA?

I got the HG shocks, but RC Carbon Works extended shock towers don't fit right. Front is too short, rear is too tall. Not to mention that HG shocks are excessively complex.

I can't find a carbon servo saver mount anywhere.

The U-joint axles are expected to solve the binding dog-bone issue.

My box of aftermarket spares is expanding for this car from experimenting with North American aftermarket parts.

Several shops in Japan have most of the Option Parts listed, but nothing here. Presumably, parts are available, no?

Does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to how they are releasing parts, have seen the universals for sale on Jason's site, they are out of stock now.

He also has the LED light kit, but no roll cage or light buckets.

You would think they would have the HG carbon shock towers out since the HG shocks are available

Just makes no sense to me.

Wish they would get on with it!

I want to build my full option Scorpion 2014!

Do you need for the HG shocks the HG shock towers, or do they fit in the standard set up?

14980191208_5e54c65b67_b.jpg

full speed and acceleration by Istvan Penzes, on Flickr

The HG shocks require the HG shock towers, they are taller than stock.

Have the shocks waiting on the towers to be released.

It's a waiting game I guess.

By the way, those are some GREAT pics love em!!!

• Like 1

The HG shocks require the HG shock towers, they are taller than stock.

Have the shocks waiting on the towers to be released.

It's a waiting game I guess.

By the way, those are some GREAT pics love em!!!

Thank you for the information, I hope I will be next week in Japan, than I can get some spare and tuning parts!

Do you need for the HG shocks the HG shock towers, or do they fit in the standard set up?

Will not fit standard shock towers. All 4 HG's are the same length, and are about 5-7mm longer than standard rear shocks. Mounting holes are about 75mm apart.

The HG shocks look like they can be bled from the top? correct?

HG shocks are designed to be bled from the bottom. The seals are built as a sort of "cartridge" that comprises the lower shock body. The side of it is slotted to allow an air passage for bleeding.

photo1_zps2c68e3cb.jpg

photo2_zps3313ddcc.jpg

photo3_zps704ee433.jpg

photo4_zps120438c7.jpg

photo1_zpsedca3353.jpg

photo2_zps71e6d075.jpg

My partially assembled mess:

Alloy motor cage

Alloy swingarm mounts

Ultima RB diff

Carbon mounts

Adjustable motor plate

HG shocks

Tomahawk style radio tray

Sidewinder body & decals

RC4wd 1.55 tires

Still waiting to get:

Carbon servo saver mount

HG shock towers

Hardened frame rails

U-joint dogbones

Brown metallic paint

Rogue Element 1.55 Scorpion wheels

If any of yous guys have access to the parts i need, I'll gladly Paypal a finders fee, parts, and shipping fees if you help me out.