Blitz Supra

Kyosho Scorpion Re Release at Shizuoka Hobby Show !

Seller is "pmg828" on eBay

Thats the same as Pargu. Not sure why he has multiple ebay accounts. Today I received my turbo style roof and his long damper shock towers for front and rear. Will post picts later

Here are some updated picts with Pargus parts. My roof is not perfect either, but it will be a runner so I'm not that concerned. It's too bad he doesn't counter sink the holes like the 2014. I did it myself, however I messed up on the ones that are on the bed. ad460ec2d4d4741a7058974f87661673.jpg8b40215c49396d7f9266dcb775816846.jpg

Front shock towers with standard shocks 978057d105a7fdaf96084e9415c62529.jpg

Rear shock towers with test fit of TRF shocks.. No go! 3aa70663c94b13d51c0137701aa32dd3.jpg

Now I just need to wait for my HG shocks to arrive from Banzai

• Like 1

I forgot to comment on the Pargu front towers having a counter bore at the point where the chassis rails bend. Smart idea to make the tower sit flush against the chassis rails

Nice! It has front post and rear mount. Now I'll have a way to properly mount my TeamBlueGrove beetle body.

I forgot to comment on the Pargu front towers having a counter bore at the point where the chassis rails bend. Smart idea to make the tower sit flush against the chassis rails

Just saw that in your pics - it's a nice touch - I filed my rails but Kyosho could've done either (just never)

Also see they will be offering the Beetle wheels in Black and Satin Chrome, will be buying some of those along with body mounts.

Was a bit bummed about the rear body mount, had hoped they would make the body spring clips like original, would have worked for the Beetle and the Tomahawk. Great time to be in this hobby.

I too was hoping for the body clip mount. Makes me wonder what sort of mount they will come up with if they end up releasing the Tomahawk

Just gloating I scored a good deal on one of these through Towerhobbies and a christmas coupon code the other day. It was even slightly better than the normal Super Saver club coupons. I wasn't even going to buy one of these but that was too good to turn down.

$185 USD for the Scorpion... nice :)

• Like 1

My replacement Turbo roof arrived from Pargu this morning and I'm happy to say that this one is perfect. :)

• Like 1

Pargus optional rear shock towers don't work with the Kyosho HG shocks. The towers need to be trimmed for the shocks to sit on screws

I emailed him.. He said don't worry about it, I will make new ones.

Then I said does that mean you will send me replacements.. No answer

It's much lighter and more refined in build. The gearbox is also very efficient. Suspension geometry is also much better

• Like 1

It's probably like when Italians say, "it's close by, walking distance, just walk down that way and you will see the restaurant"

Is like Sarah Palin saying from my house, i can see Russia.

Is like Sarah Palin saying from my house, i can see Russia.

Lol and on top of that, she was looking east lol. Id like to give both her and Pelosi and IQ test ;)

e9482edb03f88a692e0d0b9210222715.jpg

Raman - The HG shocks fit nicely with the rear shock towers. Are those from Pargu? New/updated design?

You did a fine job with the color selection and [spare] decals. It looks very much like an '80's baja racer.

No the rears are from Dwayne seller on eBay. His have 3 holes and the lowest hole works well with the HG shocks. Although, his towers are a little too tall for the HG shocks. I ended up using the ball ends from TRF aeration dampers and even extended them a bit to make the shock height correct. I also used the TRF spring retainers.

I did use Pargu towers up front.

I do have to say the HG shocks are of amazing quality. Identical in build to the RB6 shocks. Another advantage is that you can use any modern front buggy springs with the HG shocks. So lots of tuning options.

Only odd thing I found was that all 4 HG dampers are the same length.

Fantastic shocks they are, though seemingly over-engineered. At the advice of one of the LHS guys, I build shocks with Associated Green Slime in all the seals, and Associated 25wt shock oil. The HG's are incredibly smooth, almost as smooth as the Ti-nitride shocks on past touring cars.

IMG_1488_zps9562d9af.jpg

I gave in to temptation moments ago and ordered the Beetle 2014 kit, D-Hawk full option package, and Pargu C-Type (star) wheels. I'm so weak.