AndyjcClod

Excuses to stop the wife moaning that you have too many R/C vehicles?

No wife, no kids, no worries. ;) Luckily, my dog doesn't care. He's a 122 lb German Shepard and only bugs me when I pay too much attention to a build and not enough on him. I buy him a big rawhide bone and we both go to work. :)

• Like 6

Have done all you have mentioned. My future plans are to keep new future purchases at the office false ceiling :D

After nags after nags, she eventually made me throw away 3 vintage rc cars, 2 vintage remote controller, an rc plane and playstation 2 with all the games.

I would have given it to all of you for free but she insisted it had to be removed that evening :D

It was painful but thinking back, at least she let me keep my NIBs .... phew.

Nooo! I would have happily welcomed these into my orphanage! :o

Some of you need to man up and point at all of the white goods in the kitchen that you've bought her

• Like 1

I told my wife that I only had a set few on my want list and once I got them then that would be the end of my rc car interest ..... Then 2 problems arose;

I found this forum

Mr T keeps bringing cars back that everyone said would never come back?

Now I just hide all my purchases in the loft. I also spoil her and the kids at christmas.

Chris

Keep 'em in the attic.

Tell her not to go up there as the ladder is a 'bit dodgy' and you don't want her getting hurt.

Works for me :)

You mean keep the wife in the attic right?...

• Like 5

The reason i keep telling mine that there is no point moving house :D

I think all of TC would be surprised your loft is still holding up :P ...

• Like 1

Next time you're "invited" (like you have a choice) to one of her friends/family gatherings you could always go out a blow £500 on high heels, a new dress, matching hand bag, a wig & make up.... for YOU! and wear it all with pride all night long. Then see how much see moans about the odd RC car turning up :)

Nooo! I would have happily welcomed these into my orphanage! :o

lol just "Nooooo!" in general.

No wife, no kids, no worries. ;) Luckily, my dog doesn't care. He's a 122 lb German Shepard and only bugs me when I pay too much attention to a build and not enough on him. I buy him a big rawhide bone and we both go to work. :)

My dog does that too. He gets extra needy when I try to start a build. It's like he doesn't approve of that level of focus unless its directed at him.

• Like 1

Some of you need to man up and point at all of the white goods in the kitchen that you've bought her

Tried that once. The next day my meal tasted funny and all my beer were no longer cold and in the laundry room.

This boils down to us against THEM. ahhhhhhh

• Like 1

Nump.T, on 14 Apr 2014 - 10:23 PM, said:snapback.png

My wife is into 12th Scale miniatures (dolls houses), so if she moans about my Tamiya RC's all I have to do is remind her of some of her past purchases:- [/font]

1/12 scale silver carriage clock £140,
1/12 scale hand carved 8 seater dining table £210,
2 x 1/12 scale hand made wall lamps £80.
Then there's the houses!!!!!!!

Need I say more,.

I generally live in a moan free enviroment :D

now smarten up & hint to her than every dollhouse NEEDS A GARAGE... :)

At 1/12 it sounds like her dolls house needs a Porsche 959 or Martini 935 in that garage.

• Like 1

Nump.T, on 14 Apr 2014 - 10:23 PM, said:snapback.png

At 1/12 it sounds like her dolls house needs a Porsche 959 or Martini 935 in that garage.

My thoughts precisely :)

• Like 1

An RC Porsche sounds like a great idea, as far as the garage goes knowing my wife she will want a new house to go with it!

I can feel the moths in my wallet shaking with terror at the thought of it. :lol: LOL

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!! :o My wife has just found it! A new 12th scale house and garage £678.99 + vat. Call an ambulance my moths have had a coronary! :lol::wacko:

That old Jimmy Choos thread just made me laugh, and all I could think of was doing an R/C conversion on one of those shoes just to see if it could be done.

Of course, it would be that very last thing one ever did.... :o

• Like 1

well - here's what i did. and we went through a bit of a lean period when i made good on it, too, so she knows i'm serious about it.

my policy is that i'll ONLY buy r/c stuff that i am confident i could sell for at least as much as i spent. that way it's not so much spending money, it's just parking money in assets that will at least hold their value.

then, when we needed the money i sold a bunch of stuff and as luck would have it i almost doubled what i'd spent on what i sold. not ripping people off, mind you, just going to auction. sometimes i lost out on a thing here and there, but mostly the auctions did well.

so - if your rule is only buy what you could sell for the same amount or more, then you can honestly say you aren't blowing all this cash on toys. as long as you can back that up when it comes time to prove you can get the money when you need it.

Reading threads like this reminds me how lucky I am to have the wife that I do. She has never complained about how many cars I have - in fact, more than half my cars have been Christmas, birthday or anniversary gifts from her. Even before she got into the hobby herself, she was happy for me that I had a hobby that I enjoyed. And now that she is into the hobby too, the closest thing to a complaint that I have ever heard her utter is that we don't go bashing often enough! :D

• Like 2

i think, as confirmed r/c car nerds, we are all just lucky to have wives at all. ;-)

• Like 3

This is a fun thread :) I have the tail-between-the-legs syndrome here a bit too. This applies mostly to the US guys, but do you buy from certain retailers that use USPS vs. UPS? For me, USPS delivers to the mailbox.. I can get the mail so my wife doesn't see what I am buying. If I buy UPS, it gets delivered to the door.. She instantly knows what I am up to... LOL! I am going to be in the dog-house next week, 2 UPS deliveries coming.. Usually Tower sends via USPS, they mixed it up and sent one package UPS and I have a box from TamiyaUSA coming UPS too. 2 shipments in one week, I better start pampering the missus!

• Like 1

I usually order stuff to be delivered to my work then I sneak it in through the garage :lol:

• Like 2

My ex wife never seemed to mind how many cars I has until it came to the divorce and she wanted half. I had to give her my real G35 car to keep my toy cars. Just be careful what you let onto