Mokei Kagaku

Future Tamiya Releases (2014 Shizuoka Fair News)

Pretty easy way for Tamiya to make some easy money. New box art, new sticker sheet, omit the sleeper cab, slap an 84xxxxx kit number on the box and charge an extra $100 for it.

You are probably correct, in which case my pre-order will be cancelled. Plenty of time to decide though ;)

When will pre-order for the Mounty be up do you think?

I'm guessing with the show in May we won't see actual kits on sal before end August. Pre-order on websites for uk retailers I guess would be early June. I'm top of the list at Stella apparently .

• Like 1

Interesting they quote the RRP as 85800Yen, whereas 58519 Bruiser is 89800Yen RRP. If Stella Bruiser pricing of US$569 is anything to go by then this release should be US$545, or £335 +shipping = ca £390

Time to make room for a Mounty box and the new Hornet.

It remains to be seen but I would hope the Mountain hilux was more scale like the original and not like the bruiser. What I'd like to see is a bruiser chassis with 1.9 wheels and tires.

• Like 1

Interesting they quote the RRP as 85800Yen, whereas 58519 Bruiser is 89800Yen RRP. If Stella Bruiser pricing of US$569 is anything to go by then this release should be US$545, or £335 +shipping = ca £390

Or maybe even a sub £300 price from Banzai, bringing the total, with shipping, to around the £350 mark?

One thing is for sure, the Mounty is not going to be more expensive than the current Bruiser price.

Black Metallic Hornet...that sounds sweet. I still need a hornet for sure to re live my childhood :)

• Like 1

YES, finally the Mounty is re-released. So excited for that one.

Waited until this day, I better start saving for secret stash and start planning as hiding this big kit in the house from Mrs will be a big challenge !

Had to come one day luckily for me bruiser was my first choice!

And yes the box is huge biggest I ever had!!

Nice to see mod's for GF-01 chassis to.

I will be buying the black metallic edition Hornet...no question.

I will also be buying a standard Hornet NIB at the same time.

Both will be shelf queens - as I already have a standard Hornet runner (soon to be a Fast Attack Hornet in camo!)

• Like 1

Nice to see mod's for GF-01 chassis to.

plastic part works fine... its chunky & already rides on bearings.

Alu won't do much when it's the pivot (held in plastic chassis) that feels sloppy.

plastic part works fine... its chunky & already rides on bearings.

Alu won't do much when it's the pivot (held in plastic chassis) that feels sloppy.

The steering piece is hard (and brittle) plastic so I think in time the ballheads will get loose and if its blue alloy it will look cool, so who cares if its sloppy. :rolleyes::lol: :lol:

Do they wait until the actual show to announce anything else or is this it???

Somebody has to know something!!!

Was thinking they would have to have something big for their 40th, Kyosho really has the biggie so far.

I am also anticipating something big for the 40th, but I am anticipating that it will be kept very much hush-hush until just before it is revealed. Time will tell - not long to go now!

Pretty easy way for Tamiya to make some easy money. New box art, new sticker sheet, omit the sleeper cab, slap an 84xxxxx kit number on the box and charge an extra $100 for it.

Lol! Well said. They should of done the original Hilux with side step bed. That's my fav body, I'd be ok even if they had to mod it on the RN36 chassis.

So Kyosho is 50 years old and Tamiya is 40? I always thought Tamiya was older

Tamiya is older. It's the 40th Anniversary of the first RC model from Tamiya which was a tank.

Do they wait until the actual show to announce anything else or is this it???

Somebody has to know something!!!

Was thinking they would have to have something big for their 40th, Kyosho really has the biggie so far.

I you look at the list you can see 84382 and 84384 are missing in the sequence, plus there is no tank in the list either.

The 'surprise' is surely going to be a tank or two? I can't see them releasing a car to celebrate the anniversary of the first tank release.