vrs55

Went over to the dark side with lipo

Hello guys I have just used my new lipos for the first time can't believe the speed difference and run time

• Like 5

Treat them right and they will give you many cycles of great performance and endurance, a bit like a woman ;)

• Like 1

Except you dont have to have 5 days of downtime every month...

And my lipo's don't want to stay awake and have 'pillow talk' after a great performance

:ph34r:

• Like 3

Hot days of summer , Keep the li-po's in the fridge & they won't get puffed up & ruined .

I keep mine in the fridge all summer & most of the time & they work great still .

I didn't do that & lost the li-po's to heat swelling . Give them a charge & put in fridge till you need to use .

I have been storing them I'm my shed it's block built it's cool and dry

Do you guys still use nihm with your vintage tamiya I have been using nihm with my hotshot as haven't changed my esc in it and also with the battery being on the outside

Except you dont have to have 5 days of downtime every month...

And my lipo's don't want to stay awake and have 'pillow talk' after a great performance

:ph34r:

And they do occasionally explode for no reason... It's a pretty good analogy :)

And they do occasionally explode for no reason... It's a pretty good analogy :)

And when they do explode it's always your fault too! :lol:

Just balance charge every time and they will last for years :D

When racing I actually warm them up in the sun, makes them charge and give power much better.

Keeping them in the fridge is a bit excessive but then I do not live in a hot country like Oz. A cool place is enough over here :lol:

why people even bother with heavy nimh's is beyond me, plus the fact lipo's are now the same price and in some cases cheaper .... !!

And in answering vrs55's question - Only hard case lipo's are used in RC cars. I use Yeah Racing hard case lipo's in my Boomerang and Lunchbox.

And when they do explode it's always your fault too! :lol:

Reluctantly true on both counts, although wives can "puff up" all by themselves :)

watch out when they start venting... could takeout half your house!!

• Like 2

Like nimh's I got rid of that problem years ago :lol:

life is so much more pleasent now. I can leave my RC stuff where ever I want too :lol:

• Like 1

I am dealing with a puffed 3s lipo at the moment due to the hot summer. Not worth the risk, was about 2.5 years old with 100 cycles. Might be a bit extreme my disposal practice, my normal procedure discharge to 0 volts with a car 12volt light bulb for 24 hours in a bucket of sand. Then place battery in a salt bath for two weeks, then bury the battery 30cm underground and hammer a star picket into it and leave buried for a month. Unearth and check the battery then bin it. Battery is dead for sure :)

I don't think you're going far enough SB_Aust. You might want to bury it under some crossroads in a pit full of garlic just to make sure.

• Like 1

Checked the price of garlic lately? <_< can't afford it no more,

now up to $5/bulb for the purple streaked fresh local grown variety :(

• Like 1