Wandy

Mountaineer Re-release #84386 (Mountain Rider)

Yes, I am having a good run!

Are you going to build yours?

undecided on the build - still have the Bruiser NIB, and I have now ordered the correct wheels for the Bruiser

One will be built at some point, juxt not sure which :rolleyes:

undecided on the build - still have the Bruiser NIB, and I have now ordered the correct wheels for the Bruiser

One will be built at some point, juxt not sure which :rolleyes:

Sometimes I think all my NIBs (last count 11!) are destined to stay that way. Maybe I'll start them when I retire in 30 or 40 years!

• Like 1

Looks like I missed customs in this one, so $590 delivered :D :D :D

HMRC got me two of three kits this month but I'm still quids in :) :)

• Like 1

Tower Hobbies just charged my credit card. The Mountainer Rider is in stock a bit earlier than estimated.

Never did I imagine I would receive a NIB Mountaineer - re release but the same to me !

Thanks Stellamodels !

img7434_23042014172901_1.jpg

Hop-Ups will include:

• RC4WD Truescale Aluminum Wheels (Correct the wheel offset to make the front and rear even)
  • RC4WD Light Set
  • Tamiya Driver Figure
  • Futaba 2.4 ghz 4YWD Radio
  • ESC ? Not sure yet !

Thanks Tamiya !

• Like 3

Looks tempting. Can someone please provide the box dimensions. cheers..

Mountain Rider box dimensions (mm) - (L)702 x (W)428 x (D)179

Bruiser all sealed up in double box, but pretty sure it is the same.

Sometimes I think all my NIBs (last count 11!) are destined to stay that way. Maybe I'll start them when I retire in 30 or 40 years!

i will congrats. you if 30 or 40 years from now you still have the current 11. By than you may have 110 or 41 to 51 NIB, assune you will onky buy one kit per year. when you hit 50s or 60s you may not want to build anymore because your eyes don't see so good and the arms and fingers are not as strong.:-D

Stella told me that all the kits they have have some sort of light blue marks along the box edge and the box corners are not ''pointy'', their words. Those of you who have received your kits from them, can you confirm or deny the extent of this?

I had a look at my kit last night which came from Stella. I can't see the light blue marks you mention but will have another look today in daylight. I have one box corner which has been 'crushed'. It's minimal, but still annoying since this is likely to stay NIB. I suppose it would be enough to class it as not 'pointy', but all the other corners are perfect. One thing I did notice is that Stella's internal packaging has stopped any tears inside the box, which my Bruiser kit unfortunately did suffer from.

Hop-Ups will include:

• RC4WD Truescale Aluminum Wheels (Correct the wheel offset to make the front and rear even)

Thanks Tamiya !

You will not believe the difference these makes. And I recommend a set of fender flares to go with the all around wider stance.

Do the rc4wd truescale wheels have different dish front to back? Because it will look very very odd if the front has more dish than the rear.

It's one of the things that turns me off the Brat for example. Hopefully they added the offset behind the hubs.

• Like 1

Do the rc4wd truescale wheels have different dish front to back? Because it will look very very odd if the front has more dish than the rear.

It's one of the things that turns me off the Brat for example. Hopefully they added the offset behind the hubs.

It does seems the front has deeper dish look than the rear. I agree with you there, i would think it looks really weird on Bruiser/mounty as they are really scale trucks compare to Brat, it's less noticeable.

It does seems the front has deeper dish look than the rear. I agree with you there, i would think it looks really weird on Bruiser/mounty as they are really scale trucks compare to Brat, it's less noticeable.

I hardly even notice it when static, much less when on the move:

WkywUZa.jpg

• Like 4

I hardly even notice it when static, much less when on the move:

WkywUZa.jpg

Wow that looks looks great and you're right less noticeable when its mounted on the truck. Thanks for the pix

I like the foot sticking out under the front of the truck. lol

• Like 1

yea yea, got this the other day from stella, and couldn't be happier!!! I sold my NIB Falcon that pretty much paid for this. I already have a Hi-lift Hi-Lux that looks like a Mountaineer so I am going to do this up as a Bruiser. Hope someday I can come up with a way to get it's brother in a Bruiser NIB, but for now this will do. I was so against this and the Bruiser, simply because what they charged for the kit, but Stella made it possible for this US buyer! Shipping was amazing and quick. Box that was shipped to me was unbelievable how secure it was! Thanks again Stella, will be buying more kits from them going forward.

Little left to say but very happy and excited!

IMG_4848.JPG

John

I may agree there !

I slapped some flares on my Bruiser Re Release.

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=115311&sid=7434

That does look nice.

I am too cheap. :D I just painted the lip section fo the fender, and didn't want to change the original look. I would consider if I am getting the re-re, it does look nice with the flares on.

Anyone know who has the best deal in North America?

Reason is, need this to be untraceable to Mrs. So I set up some cash and got one of those gift credit cards.

Turns out card can't make purchase to overseas to Stella even when I use the card via paypal.

Selling some of my stuff to get extra cash into PayPal takes too long so I might just have to bite the bullet pay higher here domestically :-( but who? It seems everyone is at $749 or higher and that's not incl shipping.

If you are a tower savers member they have a $100 off code. If not omnimodels has them for $712.99 on ebay.

• Like 1

image_zps626d7023.jpg

After many troubles I finally got it. Thanks Stella for the awesome packaging !! the kit box was immaculate :-) as I was worried when I got it, the outer box had water damage and weakens the box which crushed it badly in that area.

Going to paint it different color than box art and use the kit decals or maybe even do another retro look like the red one I did but different color.. Might change out the tires using Imex ones or even 2.2" so it's more scale looking but don't know which to go for at the moment.

Mine arrived today, in the usual immaculate condition from Stella, together with the cosmetic hop-ups. What a beauty. B)

rider004_zps01299387.jpg

The first thing I did, after all of that bleating on about the colour earlier in the thread, was to check the manual to see which shade of red they recommend....lo and behold it's just the usual TS-39 Mica Red, not TS-85 as I had thought. :rolleyes:

rider005_zps7b11383e.jpg

I still say it really doesn't look like it in that studio photo mind you. That's my last word on the subject though, I will shut up now. :lol: