Wandy

Mountaineer Re-release #84386 (Mountain Rider)

Never had a problem with Rc Mart packaging, mind you I would feel very nervous about buying anything via post if I wanted a pristine unmarked box. If I was that picky I would want nothing other than to visit a shop and pick the box myself!

I have seen how couriers handle items (we use them every day at work) and believe me you don't want to rely on any of them keeping your parcel unmarked

I would have bought from Stella because as you say they support tc but were out of stock

Has this been discontinued?

I think Stella has them but was looking to buy one from our european cousins but seems they are all out.

Has anyone gotten email from Stella asking for more money for the option to double-box (shipment protection) the kit?

Just received delivery of my Mountain Rider from a German eBay trader. Was £386 delivered to the door.

Worth checking out the German traders as the prices are not too bad.

Was just curious, I thought Stella double-boxing is standard practice for Stella. For those who received double-boxed kits from Stella, did you pay extra?

Just received delivery of my Mountain Rider from a German eBay trader. Was £386 delivered to the door.

Worth checking out the German traders as the prices are not too bad.

Could you name a few shops, please?

I want a Mountaineer in the worst way, but I can't justify dropping $700 on a shipped NIB + Radio.

Can anyone suggest a similar type of build that is a little easier on the wallet?

You get anything more reasonably priced with a fancy 2wd/4wd transmission but there are options:

*RC4WD Trailfinder 2 (Nice, I have one, replaced transmission with optional single speed though)

*Vaterra Ascender

*Axial SCX10

You get anything more reasonably priced with a fancy 2wd/4wd transmission but there are options:

*RC4WD Trailfinder 2 (Nice, I have one, replaced transmission with optional single speed though)

*Vaterra Ascender

*Axial SCX10

I appreciate the info. Thank you. I'd love to stick to Tamiya though. ;)

Then try the High Lift Series, Tundra, Hilux High Lift or F350.

They are the only "comparable" one Tamiya makes, slightly cheaper. I have all three, nice kits.

Check my showroom for examples of all.

I want a Mountaineer in the worst way, but I can't justify dropping $700 on a shipped NIB + Radio.

Can anyone suggest a similar type of build that is a little easier on the wallet?

Banzai hobbies have a f350 for $230 ish plus shipping. Or a tundra. For similar....that will get you on your way. Worst case scenario buy and sell at profit.....

That what I want oh so bad gotta sell some stuff.

you could buy a used bruiser. I saw one on ebay today for $450

Banzai hobbies have a f350 for $230 ish plus shipping. Or a tundra. For similar....that will get you on your way. Worst case scenario buy and sell at profit.....

That what I want oh so bad gotta sell some stuff.

This very well be the route I go. Will look into it more today.

you could buy a used bruiser. I saw one on ebay today for $450

Yeah I know. I almost pulled thr trigger. Have my on on a couple of them.

Dinball on ebay has Mountain Riders for 560 nib with shipping. I have ordered small stuff from them and have been happy with their service. There is nothing like the build of a bruiser/mountaineer.

I didn't realize Stella got more of these in stock and their price came down. I got mine from Stella as well.

Hi what's the difference between 58519 TOYOTA BRUISER and 84386 TOYOTA MOUNTAIN RIDER?

Been searching google and found an online store name rc atmosphere, they have a nib tamiya mountain riders priced at $345.00 usd with free express shipping to Australia.  When they replied back to me they want a direct wire transfer of bank payment & will send me an airway bill of receipt with the package .  what is an airway bill.? They dont do paypal.

I couldn't see where they were located in there web page, until they replied back to me, they are located in Jakarta Indonesia, anyone delt with rc atmosphere..?

Im a bit skeptical about this deal.. or it may be sent in newspaper packaging, i hav'nt sent any payment yet.

But its a cheap price. 

2 hours ago, Baja500 said:

Been searching google and found an online store name rc atmosphere, they have a nib tamiya mountain riders priced at $345.00 usd with free express shipping to Australia.  When they replied back to me they want a direct wire transfer of bank payment & will send me an airway bill of receipt with the package .  what is an airway bill.? They dont do paypal.

I couldn't see where they were located in there web page, until they replied back to me, they are located in Jakarta Indonesia, anyone delt with rc atmosphere..?

Im a bit skeptical about this deal.. or it may be sent in newspaper packaging, i hav'nt sent any payment yet.

But its a cheap price. 

I believe these guys are a scam. I would not do this.