Hi all,

Nice little eBay find to share with you all.

AWDS and belt driven, how ahead of its time was this buggy? Also, it has to be said, a little bit ugly?

I do remember them from back in the day, but only as a buggy well out of the league of the Hornet we had at the time.

The car does not look to be in bad condition, but that is just from the photos. The body is shagged and a ***** is on the way.

Hoping to run this in the vintage class if it is not too fragile.

Two little favours to ask of of you brilliant bunch of people:

Anybody have a bumper lying around for one of these, it is clear even to me from the photos that I will need one.

I have also had some trouble getting hold of an instruction manual, just looking for a PDF, does anybody have the where with all to come to my rescue?

Huge amount of thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Cristian..

post-9603-0-08680500-1399268105_thumb.jp

Bulldogs (the early type) are run at most of the Castle Hill vintage races in Sydney, but they pretty much just race with themselves in the Pipe frame class. So yes, they can go around a modern track, but I don't know how the lap times compare to Radiants and Optimas.

I think a popular thing is to lock out the rear steering too, they can get a bit spicy with both ends going for it.

Where I run here in Melbourne is indoors on carpet:

http://adrenalin-arena.com

But I think given the lack of plastic chassis I will need to run it in the Vintage Competition class, 21.5 brushless.

Not too sure how it will hold up, it would be up against RC10, Optima, YZ, Egress, Top Force and the likes.

Would be nice to just run it though just the same. I did wonder about the rear wheel steering, is the turning circle that bad without it?

C..

The car arrived yesterday and it looks really good!

The body is actually not as bad as it looked in the photos, just not painted too well. Might even try and strip it.

The radio gear and linkages are a bit all over the place and there is a bit of surface rust on the sway bars, linkages and shock piston shafts. Most of looks like it will polish out.

The front bumper has been broken off and lost at some stage, but does not appear to have damaged anything else.

I am reluctant to start stripping it until I have an instruction manual. Anybody???? Please, you are reducing me to begging!

The tyres are obviously history, no amount of peanut oil is bringing those babies back from the dead.

Front diff feel ok if a little stiff, the rear feels very stiff, not too sure what is going on there.

Will get some more close up photos to upload as soon as I can.

C..

• Like 1

how did it turn out?

i received a Bulldog sometime ago from my brother in law and been putting it off, perhaps in a couple of weeks i can start on it, i'll keep it as close to original as possible but it will never be the same. it's not all that bad, the wheels are ok but one, cracked roll cage in a spot and some elbow grease, i'll update the screws where needed, it should be a really fun remodel............

yes i know almost 5 yrs, just like bring'n up the past. did not want to start a new thread. i hope yours turned out the way you wanted it to.