Mokei Kagaku

A couple of Future Tamiya Releases, including the 58594 Pumpkin Lowrider

This pumpkin low rider will be the next hot model here at TC. Lots can be done to it just like the EX/CC and the WWII. Mark my words.

This one cool truck with lots of curves and realestate to do a lot to it.

That seems at odds with your previous assessment of the model, but I think you would be correct.

How soon until we see Willy behind the wheel of one of these?

There's so much potential to pimp-my-ride with the low rider. I'm kinda looking forward to it.

Look how someone has already made a real one look like a limited edition metallic pink Neo Scorcher.

4484315414_581fe70e37_z.jpg

• Like 2

That seems at odds with your previous assessment of the model, but I think you would be correct.

How soon until we see Willy behind the wheel of one of these?

If Tamiya releases the low rider pumpkin as shown, i am kind of disappointed and no that interested. But if upgraded/scale parts are available either from Tamiya or 3rd parties, i would than consider it. It has great potential to be the next darling model here. Tamiya can do much better than what it has shown us. Maybe the production model will have every scaled parts mentioned included or as excessories. Even the exhaust pipes could have several version...side header pipes, fat boy at the rear or trucker's smoke stack on each side. All the 1:1 that are out there will give plenty of ideals gor Tamiya.
  • Like 1

There's so much potential to pimp-my-ride with the low rider. I'm kinda looking forward to it.

Look how someone has already made a real one look like a limited edition metallic pink Neo Scorcher.

Look at all the curves on her, not one crease. That is one sexy lady. Not sure about the color. A canary yellow would look nicer.

Look at that side mirror...the pair of dice is like the cherry on top of a sunday.

Doesn't interest me much either... unless they include a set of Gas Monkey Garage decals and some decent old school fat tyres n wheels :)

Maybe the production model will have every scaled parts mentioned included or as excessories. Even the exhaust pipes could have several version...side header pipes, fat boy at the rear or trucker's smoke stack on each side. All the 1:1 that are out there will give plenty of ideals gor Tamiya.

I can endorse this thinking! In the meantime, I look forward to the Lowrider Pumpkins on this forum!

Except thats a Chevy Cameo pickup not a Ford F100 :P

Except thats a Chevy Cameo pickup not a Ford F100 :P

:D Given what's happened to it, it could have started life as a Subaru Brat

For those who...there you go, minus the bumper.

imagejpg1_zpsb89a09e1.jpg

Mx60 wheels with a ridiculous offset for the rears might be well suited

I would be very interested in a lowrider pumpkin. But there have got to be some more classic styled wheel options to come with it. I'm very curious to see how it really turns out and what parts they offer to customize it. I know my would be going with a pro touring look. Something styled like a Cragar SS would be neat wheel wise. I also agree with the previously mentioned exhaust options.

Not so impressed with this model. It is more of the same. I would like to see something groundbreaking again from Tamiya, something more tech. like the avante at the time.

I've been wanting to build a m-chassis car with a pumpkin body for years, so this is just what I wanted! I'll finally have a good use for my aluminum mini wheels:

20140604_141707.jpg

Not so impressed with this model. It is more of the same. I would like to see something groundbreaking again from Tamiya, something more tech. like the avante at the time.

That would take some serious R & D, to be like the Avante!

The way I see it, there are some fans that like these releases and even more that only like these types of releases, i.e.: the opposite of most active members here. I am being optimistic here, but I think it would be nice if a few more people got their start in RC cars with one of Tamiya's new and simple cars like this one.

• Like 1

I think it would look a ton better if they would have chopped the top, it just needs something more. Maybe a different set of stickers, the whole body just looks out of place. It might just be that I'm old and keep thinking of the original , lol.