DaveB

Avante 2011 becoming scarce

So I bought an Avante 2011 last year and was just having a scan on ebay and it looks like they are becoming quite scarce - none of the usual Chinese hobby shops seem to have stock and there are only a handful at fairly steep prices on ebay.

I managed to get mine from RCMart last year for just over £240 delivered which I think was pretty good. I'm wondering if demand is going to start to rise again for this kit..?

I noticed that they are becoming scarce a few weeks ago I was looking to purchase one and couldn't find any from the rc model shop in the UK and the far East suppliers so I looked on eBay and at that time could only find a new built "shelf queen" (as it happens good price and it was mint!) Even if you look now there ain't much around for the avante!

This box from seidel is dropped off at my door this Saturday.b2dfeb559190a2370873427b0126525a.jpg

There has been a price rise since the end of last year when a started to look for one from 399 Euro to the 449 Euro now. I glad I have one now, as I drooled over the pictures in the rc guide book bitd.

• Like 3

I really really want the Avante but I can't bring myself to pay 449 Euros for the kit and then shipping on top

Well i can, but I think my very easy going and understanding wife might possibly beat me to death, or at the very least give me 'the look'

Shipping can't be the deal breaker, it was only 10 Euro.

So com'on be nice to the lady and sent her out for some new shoes, and place that order. Do the same thing on the delivery day. We won't tell her. [emoji6]

• Like 2

Shipping can't be the deal breaker, it was only 10 Euro.

So com'on be nice to the lady and sent her out for some new shoes, and place that order. Do the same thing on the delivery day. We won't tell her. [emoji6]

Hahaha, works always ;-)

• Like 1

Hahaha, works always ;-)

My wife just bought two kittens instead of one, does this mean I can have another rc kit :rolleyes:

hahaha

I think I know of a place that has one.

When I say "Think" I mean I don't know if its just part of their collection or if it is for sale perse

I think I know of a place that has one.When I say "Think" I mean I don't know if its just part of their collection or if it is for sale perse

They are very thin on the ground (almost none existing!) And according to the hobby shops I've phoned its been discontinued and they can't get anymore so if you know where to get one get it!

They are very thin on the ground (almost none existing!) And according to the hobby shops I've phoned its been discontinued and they can't get anymore so if you know where to get one get it!

I Still have my Quick Drive version of the Avante 2001 but will be asking my "source" if said Avante he has is for sale or just for show.

I'm guessing the latter because he has told me how many people he gets trying to hunt them down

Nice link, at our UKP exchange rate that isn't too bad (£320). I ended up with the last Black edition Jason RC had earlier this year and paid about £440 for it!

Bruiser is a good price there too, cheaper than Tamico (£377 ish).

Cheers

Nito

I will investigate further but apparently the Avante is on a Re-Release??

The guy I speak of has told me he has them in stock......

But he also mentioned the Avante Aero so not sure which of the 2 he is talking about

Was just about to start a thread, asking if anyone knows of any kits still available, anywhere! Then saw this thread

So, anyone know anyone (anywhere) with any kits still available??.....

I've noticed these are on the rise on eBay. Black Special prices are even higher. Whether they are actually selling I don't know.

Cheers fellas- not looking good then! I wish I hadn't sold my NIB for such a ridiculously cheap price a year or so ago :angry:

Good spot, thanks for that! I've taken a punt :)

You bought from them before. Jupitertwo? Wondering what customs fees are likely to be.

You bought from them before. Jupitertwo? Wondering what customs fees are likely to be.

Nope, I figured I'd just take my chances. I'm imagining customs to be 20% if they catch it?