Sign in to follow this  
markbt73

Started a blog to show off my fleet

I started this a couple weeks ago, only a couple posts so far. The idea is to feature one of my cars per post, roughly one per week, and discuss a little about the car's history, why I like it, how my particular example came to me, and (most important) driving impressions of it, along with some action shots. I don't do shelf queens, so if you like pretty shiny cars, look elsewhere. But if you want to see a vintage classic doing donuts in my gravel side yard, this is the place.

I'm calling it "Dusty Lexan and Worn Spikes."

http://dustylexan.wordpress.com/

• Like 2

Quality vs Quantity is the age old question. At my age, likely one of the oldest member here at TC, i would prefer quality over quantity. Is like would you prefer a buffet lunch/dinner vs a nice al cart lunch/dinner?

I agree vintage models should be taken our for some fun, but i am not sure if i will be jumping or doing donuts with it...got to treat grandpa gently otherwise huge medical bills or an earier grave.:-D

I agree vintage models should be taken our for some fun, but i am not sure if i will be jumping or doing donuts with it...got to treat grandpa gently otherwise huge medical bills or an earier grave.:-D

Don't get me wrong; I'm not being too hard on them. Nearly all of my cars have nothing more than a silver-can 540 in them, so it's hard to get into too much trouble. And most of them never leave my property, so I don't have to worry about other people or their kids or dogs. If something breaks, I have no one to blame but myself. I just can't leave them sitting there on the shelf.

And the only reason I was doing donuts with the Bandido is that it does them so well. :)

Thats the beauty of ownsership....you can do whatever you want with it as long as you like it. donuts and figute 8s use but not abuse.:-)

With my driving skills, i will likely flip them and can't sleep for couple nights afterwards:-D

Mark, love your blog. You and I think a lot alike. Mind if I link to it from mine (Fun With RC: http://fun-with-rc.blogspot.com)?

I don't mind at all. I'll check out yours when I get home and am in front of a real computer.

Thanks Mark! I need to post more often now that summer is basically here.

Nicely-written! I wish I had seen this post before starting my own build thread...

On 2/25/2018 at 1:45 PM, Grastens said:

Nicely-written! I wish I had seen this post before starting my own build thread...

Thanks! I'm not trying to put anyone off starting build threads; don't tihnk that. It's more of a reminder to myself to wait to start a thread for a project until I see if A. it holds my interest and B. I can pull it off.

And I'm very happy to see your Lancia build thread, as I want one of those kits badly, but it will be quite a while before I can scrape together the funds for any new RC purchases. This way I can enjoy it vicariously.

Nice post about build threads!  I'm guilty of less than 100% completion on some projects, and the experiences you describe are spot-on.  I've kicked myself a few times for starting out with grand ambitions only to lose patience when the most interesting or most detailed part of the build comes up (thinking about my Unimog, F103GT, and Heavy Dump Truck threads).  Sometimes it takes years for the conditions to be just right to finish something (e.g., my custom Lunch Box).  We share some of the same thoughts.  :)

Great read! It has me thinking about the stash of old model kits I've got squirreled away. With my recent dip in RC interest, these might be a good way to make through this winter. Between RC, static model kits, guitars and MGs, it seems we have a lot of common interest.