Sign in to follow this  
Supershot

Extremly rare cars from the eighties!(NIB's)

Hello!

I'm curious to know how many of you collect really rare nib's from the eighties?I'm not talking about brands like Tamiya,Kyosho,Marui,Nichimo,Schumacher ect-just really rare stuff that was produced in limited quantities-cars that most people have not heard of!

Can you post a link from your showroom of your rare item!

THXS!

I know one car, powerd buy CO2, balldiff,disc brake,1/12 scale and designed by COLLANI. I have one NIB car and one engine NIB.

Jerry

i don't know if any of you guys know the

Ishipla Monster , Wikedvette has one in his showroom,

i found a mint NIB one (and may be more than one) and i wanted to know if it was rare,

if anyone is interested and know how much it could cost

regards

vincent

Ishipla? I have a hovercraft that says the same thing! I'm told it's a Graupner Duck, but other than 'Graupner' it also says 'Ishipla'. Graupner also had some Kyosho buggies under their name in the 80's so I'm not surprised if the hover was originally made by Ishipla. [:D]

I just recently purchased a brand new Ishipla Monster buggy, built but stille unpainted.. Strange looking vehicle, i must say.. A sort of combination between Tamiya Frog and Tamiya Hornet, i would say..

Regards..

Michael

Okay Simen,is this some sort of test? the second picture has a license plate that says simensays? That sir,is the hieght of cool!!!!!

What about my PLAYTRON Mercedes 500K??

It has also a "brother" named Viva Arizona that has a tubular buggy chassis as you can see from the manual front page in my showroom.

That's the first i found, now thanks to my friend Mike from Germany i got a MINT one complete with 2 body shells. And i've also found a lot of spares from around the world enough to assemble 2 more....!! [:P]

I just have to update my showroom and to have the time to have it running again.

Any one that has or need info about this car feel free to email me. [:)]

Bye

WWD

[:)]

quote:
Originally posted by Gixer Jay

OK, I gotta call BS on that FJ40..[
:P
]

" PHOTOCHOPPED "

Nice though..[
:D
]haha

id="quote">id="quote">

really? you think so? That would have bee killer it Tamiya did come out with this truck. I just wish the rear axle on the 3speed trucks wasn't so wide.

quote:
Originally posted by Gixer Jay

OK, I gotta call BS on that FJ40..[
:P
]

" PHOTOCHOPPED "

Nice though..[
:D
]haha

id="quote">id="quote">

it's no secret that I made it in Photoshop, it's been in my showroom for almost a year now: jepp, clik me to see

I made it after I rebuilt a Bruiser to a FJ40 using a Pro-Line body:

img610_08052004173005_4.jpg

I just think it's too bad Tamiya never made one, as they would probably have made a much better, and at that time, a hard boddied version.

• Like 1

I have a Sankyo nitro dune buggy, the only one complete I have seen, I have several of the Graupner/Kyosho models, 2 a310 Alpines, a Fairlady and a Mercedes sports ute. A 1/12th Kyosho Porsche. Hmmmm, one or 2 more, I like weird stuff, I don't know if they have any value, most of them were really reasonable, but I do like them and you find them in the wierdest catagories.

How about a NIB Traxxas Wildcat? They were recalled by Traxxas & destroyed, but apparently they didn't get them all! Being a bit of a Traxxas fanatic, I had to find one:

img311_524200450602_1.jpg

I'll have to get back to you on the actual specs since I need to get up for work in 4.5 hours, but it was basically a ripoff of the Tamiya Hotshot. It was actually made by a different company for Traxxas and variations of it were sold by other companies. BlueBird is the only other one I know for certain. It is so similar to the Hotshot that many parts are interchangeable & I actually used a Wildcat manual for reference when I rebuilt my Hotshot. I was advised not to bother filling the shocks with oil if I ever built it. Apparently they were notorious for not holding oil.

I have a nib Wildcat too. They were made by Bluebird in Taiwan. The nice man at Traxxas told me they were an "Unauthorised release" by the manufacturer and should not have had the Traxxas name on them. Iterestingly, if you look at the Traxxas website history page you will see that they list their first release as being the Traxxas Cat in 1987. The manual and parts catalogue I have with my Wildcat is dated 1986.

I have another Bluebird car - a Baja Growler. You can see it here:

http://www.tcphotos.com/section.asp?sid=2193&secid=154

Also a couple of old Monogram "Toys".