Ok, something completely different than my normal vintage restorations: I can buy a Tamiya TG-10 in nearly new condition for about 60 Euro. I always wanted a nitro. Is it a good deal?

My plan would be to hop the h*ll out of it :D :D :D and make it a mean machine for some road fun.

Please share your thoughts.

edit: sorry, i thought it was a TGS but it's a TG10 Mk1 and i bought it! :D

Yes, it's a good deal. The TG10 is almost indestructible. It's the Nitro version of the TB01.

There are many hop ups available, mostly hard to come by these days… Check ebay.

The TG10 got me back into RC in 2004. You can fit a variety of small block engines in them, there is a 2 speed available, but I found it to be fiddly.

You can mount almost any 1/10 body on it, and the all metal drivetrain is bulletproof!

I still have at least 3 TG10's in parts and spares, and a TG10 Pro still NIB.

Good fun, and I miss the smell!
Cheers,

Skottoman

• Like 2

You think i can turn this into a rally version, Lancia Delta or Subaru?

You think i can turn this into a rally version, Lancia Delta or Subaru?

Absolutely. Stick with a single gear to keep it simple. All you need to find is the plastic under-tray that the rally cars have.

Yes. There is not much to do to make it more rally ready. Simply lengthen the shocks a bit with longer eyelets for more ground clearance.

other than the hard to find plastic debris tray that goes on the bottom, and the driver cockpit, that's about it. You'll need some rally tires, but they're easy to find.

Then get a hold of any Tamiya Subaru body, and you're good to go.

Cheers,

Skottoman

I just stumbled upon a nib 2 speed and a 2 speed spur set + some other hop ups for one of these, only 2 speed I could find for sale on the bay was $200, are they really worth that much?!

I just stumbled upon a nib 2 speed and a 2 speed spur set + some other hop ups for one of these, only 2 speed I could find for sale on the bay was $200, are they really worth that much?!

New , when they came out was $99.95 in Australia . I know i got two of them back in the day , But everything rc in aus

is over priced sadly ... & they wonder why hobby shops are closing .

Matman, I think you owe me $200. Hahaha… Just kidding. :)

Yeah, I'd stick with the 1 speed for sure if you are planning on doing any rally action with it.

Simplicity, and less chances of gears getting clogged up with dirt/sand.

Cheers,

Skottoman

Matman, I think you owe me $200. Hahaha… Just kidding. :)

Yeah, I'd stick with the 1 speed for sure if you are planning on doing any rally action with it.

Simplicity, and less chances of gears getting clogged up with dirt/sand.

Cheers,

Skottoman

Come on !! :P . They are both worn out gears i had & need new . I wish i had got more back then , there great when set up right .

Just love that 2nd kicking in & the nitro pitch change .. I am lucky that Skottoman helped me out with my restore . Thanks again .

• Like 1