Sign in to follow this  
tillmon

Super Stock BZ Rotor

Hi everybody,

The BZ is rebuildable so I wanted to know if there is a way to get spares rotors, as I've searched on the internet and found nothing… I know it's a 23 turns single, I guess every brand should fit?

If anyone has a suggestion, welcome!

Thanks

Fred

there are a few Trinity armatures on ebay but no 23 turn ones.

with the brushless taking almost over now it is unlikely you will find many new armatures about.

Its now in some cases cheaper to buy a new complete motor (not Tamiya of course, they are just stupidly expensive)

there are many cheaper options than buying Tamiya motors. And better quality too .......

look on modelsport B)

It's probably cheaper to buy a motor lathe and re-cut the com on the stock rotor. All you need is some good standup high-performance brushes.

Thank you guys for your advices! I already have a comm lathe but one of my BZ's is really tired, that's why I was wondering about changing the rotor… anyway I got a 17t single left in my spare box, the only thing is that the magnets on these motors are so strong, I wonder if a lower turn rotor will no overheat the armature...

Fred

Stronger magnets should make for a stronger motor. In theory it should generate less heat for a given level of power. Heat control is up to your throttle finger. Though you may want to fit bearings into the can to run a mod rotor.