bjorklo

Toyota Land cruiser CR-01 build

toyotalogo_zps9ed55046.png

Been doing some building today, since I got some new parts that should be used in steps I already have done I needed to redo step 5 and 6

Step 5

20140521_112324_zpsizbaabx2.jpg

step 6

20140521_112429_zpsm4i5fatv.jpg

Step 7

20140521_120217_zpsnyw3zqo0.jpg

Step 8

20140521_123010_zpskskl9maw.jpg

Step 9

20140521_124851_zpsiti1tebf.jpg

Step 10

20140521_124920_zps5kwui4mu.jpg

Pretty straight forward these steps, no other challenge than to find a bag with some of the parts :P

I am still leaning towards a 4 dr. hard top Jeep Rubicon by Axial. Your CR will be more capable. I would consider CR if my room is not the size of your walk in closet. :( I recall there was another TC member did a CR-01 build few months back or maybe in late 2013 and his too was an interesting build..

Yeah, I was also thinking about getting one from Axial, but decided to be true to my brand :P

hehe, isn't there always room for just one more car? Guess that is why I had to make my own hobbyroom in the end..

Just my two cents owning both the CR-01 and a couple Axials. The Axials are a much more capable vehicle for trail and crawling but the CR-01 is still tons of fun. I love my CR-01 and it gets driven a lot. I'm really enjoying your build. If you are going to drive it, google some of the suspension mods that greatly help in it's performance.

• Like 1

Just my two cents owning both the CR-01 and a couple Axials. The Axials are a much more capable vehicle for trail and crawling but the CR-01 is still tons of fun. I love my CR-01 and it gets driven a lot. I'm really enjoying your build. If you are going to drive it, google some of the suspension mods that greatly help in it's performance.

Checked out youtube, the scx10 seems more capable than the CR. i thought the bigger size tires will give cr the advantage, but the high center of gravity is its down fall. Mind you i will not be running it like the folks on youtube.

That is my impression to, that the axials, Are better, but for my use i guess the CR-01 will do. I have seen some on youtube, but need to see more. Today i bought, not sure what it is called, but the thing you use to solder wires with... I'm gonna use it inside the tires, to get some more weight at a lower point...

The CR-01 is very capable, don't get me wrong. Here's a link to an old video (shot on tape(!) so no HD sadly) of mine that shows off what a box stock CR-01 can do. Not trying to threadjack ;)

• Like 1

The CR-01 is very capable, don't get me wrong. Here's a link to an old video (shot on tape(!) so no HD sadly) of mine that shows off what a box stock CR-01 can do. Not trying to threadjack ;)

Wow, now I'm really looking forward to getting mine done and getting it out for a spinn :)

• Like 1

The soldering wire might contain acid chemicals maybe not such a good idea for tires, better get the lead/zinc slab stuff they use on roofs. Think I get close to a total off 1.2 kg for all four wheels (incl. rims/tires)

DSC00450.jpg

front and rear diff locked ;)

IMG_20140406_215756563.jpg

• Like 2

Great build thread, and some great videos on here...

I have to say, I absolutely love how you start each build post with the CR-01 logo.

Taking build threads to the next level!

Cheers,

Skottoman

• Like 2

The soldering wire might contain acid chemicals maybe not such a good idea for tires, better get the lead/zinc slab stuff they use on roofs. Think I get close to a total off 1.2 kg for all four wheels (incl. rims/tires)

DSC00450.jpg

front and rear diff locked ;)

IMG_20140406_215756563.jpg

Thanks for that tip, i will see if i can get hold on that if not i guess i just use the one i bought and be prepared on that i might buy new tires :P Your car looks really good.... As i said before now i can't wait to get mine finished and drive it.

Great build thread, and some great videos on here...

I have to say, I absolutely love how you start each build post with the CR-01 logo.

Taking build threads to the next level!

Cheers,

Skottoman

Thanks Skottoman,

I want the build thread to look nice, and a bit special, thats why i have started to use a logo in my build threads. Glad to hear that you like it :)

• Like 1

First of all just let me say that I'm sorry for the different quality of the pictures, I got a new phone this week and I'm struggling with getting good pictures.

So did some more building today.

Step 11

The trained eye can probably see that I have done something wrong on this step, but it have been sorted out after I took this picture.

20140523_224317_zps3l9hbscd.jpg

Step 12

For now I'm gonna use these electronics, but I'm going to change later on.

20140523_230030_zpsu1hqdwms.jpg

Step 13

20140523_232040_zps5irssmzl.jpg

Step 14.1

20140523_233000_zpshcswyrm3.jpg

Step 14.2

20140523_233623_zpst9sjmj2n.jpg

Got the last part's for my build yesterday, I think this will be nice on the car.

20140529_200738_zpsru8e5kze.jpg

20140529_200840_zps6um1ngcj.jpg

Now I must find some time to get some building done

• Like 2

Awesome where did you get the rack and bars etc?

I found them on ebay when searching for CR-01, it's sold as a kit.

Build some steps today

Option version of step 15

20140530_224238_zpslqpdvwyr.jpg

Step 16

20140530_234726_zpswke3zbiy.jpg

Since I already have built the damper's I could go to

step 19

20140530_235819_zpsivzqy0t8.jpg

20140530_235830_zpswxmucius.jpg

Thanks will search ebay, looking really good stealthy! I love how the suspension looks on these cr's

Nice work! The CR01 is on my list of vehicles to get!

You must get one as fast as possible, just in case Tamiya run's out of em :P

The new rocksomething CR01 appears to be good value for money.

(not sure if it has full Ballbearings, but its way cheaper than the other CR's)

The new rocksomething CR01 appears to be good value for money.

(not sure if it has full Ballbearings, but its way cheaper than the other CR's)

True true, buy i paid just $2 more for my land cruiser at Banzai hobby :) then again, i think i have bought hop-ups for more than the car did cost.

Built step 20 yesterday

20140605_172459_zpsb0pvse6v.jpg

but I discovered that one of the moving parts of the upper damper mount go up into the frame, should it be like this?

20140605_172523_zpsxmvmtnbb.jpg

My your CR is still so shiney. B)

guess you will have to do some searching in rccrawler forums, there were some tuning issues with the standard setup.

One improvement was some zipties for taking the slop out of the hinges.

CR01%25204%2520front%2520hopups.jpg

• Like 1

My your CR is still so shiney. B)

guess you will have to do some searching in rccrawler forums, there were some tuning issues with the standard setup.

One improvement was some zipties for taking the slop out of the hinges.

CR01%25204%2520front%2520hopups.jpg

Yeah I have to finish it soon and take it out for some action :)

Thanks for the tip, I will look into it.