Sign in to follow this  
finallyfox075

Lipo advice, Imax B6ac help, Ch3 VCC? on Flysky

Hi TC Guru's

I need a little advice. Was given a Flysky GT3B without paperwork. Can someone advise what VCC on the receiver is used for and if I can run my motor cooling fan from Ch3 or where I'm best to wire / splice connect it?

I've purchased a few Turnigy 5300mah nanotech lipos and an Imax B6ac. This is my first time using Lipo's. There's so much advice on various forums I've achieved paralysis by analysis. I welcome any tips but also have the following questions as the battery came without paperwork or a manual and the imax manual seems a bit vague.

1. What state does the battery come in? Charged, discharged and or what is a storage charge? That seems obvious, storage that is but do I need to apply a storage charge between weekend use? or what period would require a storage charge?

2. Do I have to check balance before charge / discharge?

3. What is an appropriate voltage cut-off for this type of battery? again ive read from 2.8 to 3.4v?

Guys I'm sure for seasoned users of Lipo this all seems rudimentary but given the cost of lipos and how relatively easy its seems (after more reading) to destroy them I want to ensure I'm doing the right thing.

Any suggestions on correct settings for this lipo and any hints, tips, tricks for using the Imax B6ac would be great also.

Fox + Nova Fox, both running Turnigy 5300 nano's, speed passion 3500K brushless and reventon S with motor cooling.

The things i do know:

1. lipos are supplied with a storage charge

2. Always charge in balance mode

3. for in between weekends, you do not need to charge for storage. This is only for long term storage

4. 3v is the official cut-off. I use 3.2v

Thanks so much ddaenen1,

4 points, but 4 points that have helped no end. What period is recommended for a storage charge?

I am not sure about the period for storage charge. I never do it and drive my cars once a month at best. I do however charge the battery before i go driving and leave it after the run without charging.

I got another point for you with regards to the FS-GT3B. I own one of those also. In any case i believe you should be able to run your fan from the VCC channel as to my knowledge, the output of the RX is 6v and the ESC fans that i know can take 7,4v. I would not recommend connecting it to the VCC channel though as it might draw voltage away from the Servo. All in all, the FS RX's are very small and not very powerful in terms of allowable current drain. I would recommend you take your power directly from the mains.

Hope this helps, Dominique