Toykid

Fast Attack Vehicle to Desert Patrol Vehicle

Thanks,

The weathering technique was tough :) repeatedly pulling the trigger and making the car race through the dirt took patience, a steady hand and focus. :) :) :)

James.

Your dedication is admirable :D

Seriously though, when I saw the first photo I thought you'd found some more reference pics, it looks so realistic.

• Like 1

I haven't fixed it yet. I am going to clean it all off and do it over :) it looked perfect about half way through when it was black with some dust.

Thanks, just a stock 540 silver can. The battery is a 7.4 LiPo, hence the extra boost over a stock 7.2. But mostly its the low angle that makes it seem faster than it really is.

just ordered the engine from shapeways..... expensive for what it is but some detail in it and lots of work to design it 

JJ

So have I along with stinger exhaust. Just got an e mail to say its on its way:D

there's two types. The Military one and the stinger that points up like the scorcher one, The engine doesnt come with exhaust you have to order separtely

The engine does come with an exhaust, it just points downward.

shapeways FAV motor 1.jpg

shapeways FAV motor 2.jpg

On 10/6/2019 at 12:48 AM, Biz73 said:

The engine does come with an exhaust, it just points downward.

Thats interesting as thier website shows them as separate items. That way you can choose hick one you want? https://www.shapeways.com/product/WWPVDZKL3/fa10001-engine-for-tamiya-wild-one-fav?optionId=41749038&li=marketplace

What's in the box:
FA10001 Engine for Tamiya Wild One, FAV
674x501_3192732_1861823_1459316627.jpg
Dimensions:
8.1 x 4.41 x 5.41 cm
Switch to inches

My bad. I think they were 1 item when they first went up for sale. It was more then $20 at that time. It makes sense to separate them so you don't have to pay for an exhaust that you don't use.

Sorry about that.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2019 at 7:02 PM, Biz73 said:

Bump for the newer members to check out.

Thanks!

Terry

I received the Dec '19 issue of RC Car Action yesterday and this is in an article of their top 5 custom builds. Apparently it was the Readers Ride of the Year in 2015. Pretty cool.

Nice job! I just sprayed mine with Tamiya light gunmetal paint and called it a day.

i wish it was smoother tbh

i don't mind the block being rough but the rest i'd like to be smooth

oh well - live and learn ;)

JJ

On 10/26/2019 at 4:20 PM, Problemchild said:

i wish it was smoother tbh

i don't mind the block being rough but the rest i'd like to be smooth

oh well - live and learn ;)

JJ

With printing, you are limited to the process and the material. I am sure the design is smooth but when printed out in nylon the grain of the material will be evident. What may be beneficial is if @Toykid had options for different types of materials or if he could release an stl for the item to be printed on a home machine for best results a resin printer. This may or may not already be the case though.

The only other workaround is substantial post processing, i.e., sanding, filler, sanding, filler, sanding, top coats, details.