Toykid

Fast Attack Vehicle to Desert Patrol Vehicle

Yes each part is sold separately. So you only need to buy the parts you want.

It's the best and worst part about how shapeways set up the stores. Good, because you have the option to buy only the individual parts you need. Bad, because the only way to buy a complete conversion set is to click the "add set to cart" at the bottom of the each item. Many people don't see that button and don't get all the parts added to their shopping cart. My hope is shapeways will fix that at some point soon.

The new engine parts arrived today and I was keen this evening to get into them and see how they fit.

Here is the exhaust SteveU30 has been patiently waiting for.

Posted Image

Fitted to the engine

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now unfortunately it isn't a perfect fit 1st time. I made an error in one if my measurements and needed to remove some material for it to fit correctly.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Here is the engine fitted with the rear bar on. A very tight fit but I managed to squeeze everything in.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Now onto the AT-4 launchers. They fit fist time, but I might move them outboard a little more.

Posted Image

And finally the new shock mounts. This is the shortest of the two mounts I made and I used them in combination with the Wild One lower mount and 60mm rc4wd scale shocks.

There isn't a lot of room for the screw heads so I had to pre-drill the holes to allow them to be easy to fit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Mounted up and looking much better than the earlier design.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next thing to do is creat the floors for the side racks and get some scale accessories to go in them.

• Like 3

Looking good James. The new front shock towers seem to work really well.

I need to get those front shocks now and scrap the original ones I had . :)

Now that's what I'm talking about James! Do you think it will still be available this weekend considering you need to modify it slightly?

If you don't want to wait and are happy to do the modification yourself I can make it available. I'll put it up for 24hrs so you can buy and then take it down until the new version is ready (about 2-3wks).

If you could do that would be great as I don't think I can wait much longer ha ha! Can you send me a PM once it's up and I'll get it bought. Thanks James.

You should be working for Tamiya. Definitely!

NO! It'd be on a DT02 chassis then mongoose :)

Tamiya should offer to buy the rights to make this upgrade kit as well... I'd suggest starting the bidding with at least a 7 figure amount Toykid :D

• Like 2

Available for only 24hrs for those following this thread here on TC. This is still the prototype part and will need modification to fit the Tamiya FAV gearbox properly, as shown in this build thread on TamyiaClub:

Click here or copy into your browser for the link to my store:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/2008529/fav-exhaust-01-available-for-24hr-only.html?li=aeTabs

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the club & very excited about this thread. I have an FAV that will definately need some mods from Toykid/Shapeways!

Thanks for the support Steve, I am following your fAV build thread and look forward to seeing what you do with it.

@Fabrk8r, welcome to TC and look forward to seeing you post pics of your builds soon.

Very cool driver, loving the chuck noris vibe.

Speaking of drivers here is what I have been working on in the late hours this weekend.

I started with the stock driver.

Posted Image

I knew I had to see if I could do something different. So I took a re-re FAV driver and got to work.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now I have made room for a new driver and seats. I used the seats from my first sand rail as the donor parts and cut to match the height of the original seat.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tacked in place as I get the new driver ready.

• Like 1

A quick test fit to make sure everything fits.

Posted Image

Then onto the driver. I found this McFarlane figure that had the similar style of helmet used by many of the drivers I found in the real reference. I always find is tough hacking up a figure like this as the detail is so good. After numerous cuts and test fit I started to get close to what I need.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here he is in his final pose with the original for a little comparison. McFarlane make these at 7inch which is pretty much 1/10 scale - thanks Mr McFarlane :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 5

I will still have to repaint the camo to match the other crew I have planned. In this reference image you can see the direction I might be going:

Posted Image

Added bonus with my driver was some of the cool accessories he came with.

Posted Image

Great work matey, now you have to replicate that driver in full colour 3D print via Shapeways! :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks Steve, I might just have to do that. Thanks for getting that exhaust. I'll take it down now.

Looking very nice Toykid. Those McFarlane military figures are just right, they suit the Humvee too. You going to scan those back packs and reproduce them somehow? Maybe change them a little to make 3-4 slightly different ones. Those and the classis day sack with the diagonal front zip would look great stowed around the bins.