Raman36

TA03R-S Porsche 911 GT2

This chassis will serve 3 purposes

1. Porsche 911 GT2

2. Porsche 934 Turbo

3. Lancia 037 Rallye

Here is where I'm at with the Porsche 911 GT2:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I was never a fan of the Black Taisan with black and red stripes, so I modified the decals sheet to look like this

yqyzyre2.jpg

It's at the printers now.

BIG THANKS TO CHRIS REILLOUR for scanning the decal sheet and sending it to me

Exciting project!

Which body is the 934 you mention? Is it the 30th Anniversary one?

Love your tweaked decals. Was it easy to change them? Looking forward to seeing the results.

I was wondering when you would post a thread up!

You did a good job on those decals, since the whole sheet wouldn't even fit in an A3 scanner so it was done in 2 parts.

Look forward to seeing the outcome. I still haven't finished building mine :(

If you could replicate the actual car decals, Lights and window moldings, you would sell a ton of them. The rerelease bodies don't come with the decals.

Exciting project!

Which body is the 934 you mention? Is it the 30th Anniversary one?

Love your tweaked decals. Was it easy to change them? Looking forward to seeing the results.

Yes the 30th anniversary one. I bought the body and wing set from Tamico (shipping to states was a lot) the decals and wheels I had Banzai special order from Tamiya (they're still available) the wheels are actually on the car at the moment. I also have the Taisan style BBS, however I don't have a 30 mm wide rear tyre for it yet. Plan on either ordering the Tamiya 50547 slick or the Vaterra 30 mm threaded.

Was it easy?..... to change the colours of the stripes is fairly easy in Photoshop, with the use of the magic selection wand.

However before I could get there, I had a lot of clean up work. That's the part that is a tedious undertaking. It also depends how thorough you want it to be.

The only items I was not able to touch up were the head lights and tail lights. Those have some tricky details.

I was wondering when you would post a thread up!

You did a good job on those decals, since the whole sheet wouldn't even fit in an A3 scanner so it was done in 2 parts.

Look forward to seeing the outcome. I still haven't finished building mine :(

Hey Chris,

When you initially sent me the file, I was living in Brazil and all I had with me was my laptop, I had forgotten the mouse even. So I did the best I could with the track pad.. Eventually gave up until January when I returned to the states.

Fortunately the two part scan was pretty accurate. I cut the overlapping portion and pasted it over the other file and lines matched up really well. Needed a minor touch up on window trim.

The decals sheet has been at the printer for a while. I sent him a second sheet which is the original wild one and he keeps having me doing more to it because quality is not that great. In hindsight, I should have had him just print me the sponsor decals, and "the wild ones" and then bought the re-re

If you could replicate the actual car decals, Lights and window moldings, you would sell a ton of them.  The rerelease bodies don't come with the decals. 

I can easily do that, in fact someone on rctech just asked me for same.

As for selling them.. Hmmm Tamiya seems to be on a war path of late.. I wonder if they will care when there are no sponsor decals

I created a file that has the lights and window mouldings as vectors. Whom ever wants it, pm me.

Love my TA03-RS. Excited to see the finished product!

I'm waiting anxiously for the file myself.

I was lucky to find a graphic designer who owns a TA03R-S. He asked me for the file and is now helping me with redrawing the headlight, tail lights and other items that I lack the skills on redoing. The drafts have been stunning.

Some updates..

Decal sheet was completely redone by a friend who is a pro at illustrator. He did a stellar job on the headlights.

Only issue is the guy who prints for me doesn't have the best printer.

94fd316642ab002a5b0977beb04b8922.jpged7db1ff3d59d55e796bc7303880f0f9.jpgb1d2ae972f3e5a1b515420430305c309.jpg

Must be my computer screen?...the decal sheet looks like orange and blue for the strips, which is like pink instead of red on a Ferrari and the applied decal strips look red and black again?

As for copy right, if the Taisan decalings were based on an actual race car, not sure if Tamiya can have an issue with the prints as the design don't belong to Tamiya in the first place. If true, don't think Porsche Taisan Advan would care too much about someone copying their 1:1 in 1:10 scale.

Must admit the white body is a different take over all.

I reverted back to original red and black in the end..

Thanks, i thought was my computer or the color varitaion caused by the camera angle or room lighting. The red and black look much better. :)

How are you going to adjust the wheelbase to get the 934 body on there? I think you need to take another 7mm off. I've wanted to do it myself, I have considered getting a bespoke set of chassis plates made up to take the body.

I have the lightbuckets and wing but the 230mm wheelbase has so far prevented me from getting hold of a bodyshell. I don't want the decals, I'm wanting to do a road-going version. Hmmm...

One way would be to trim the arms move the rear forward and front backwards. I Also the TA04SS arms which are angled forward and shorten the wheelbase 6mm. That's another route.

I've also pondered the idea of making a chassis plate that is wider slightly wider and incorporates the suspension mount holes from current cars. (TA05 etc) Then you can use the suspension mount blocks, arms etc. then the TA04SS arms will definitely fit

Pardon the thread resurrection - have you more info regarding this project?

Interesting to know about the TA04SS arms - would that be a direct replacement of the TA03 bits? Would love to know more, maybe pics if there are any...

Currently looking at the porker bodyshells for the TA03RS, specifically the 934 and 911 GT2 like you've done here... not really keen on butchering the TA03 arms just to shorten the wheelbase...