Sign in to follow this  
vrs55

durga hub hex

I had my durga out yesterday and one of the hub hexs split in half I have ordered another set just wondering if any of you could please tell my if it is common for them to split

As you know there's not much meat to the hex parts, so over tightening of the wheel but will stress them. The "wide" track versions are a little thicker but only 0.5mm each !

• Like 1

As you know there's not much meat to the hex parts, so over tightening of the wheel but will stress them. The "wide" track versions are a little thicker but only 0.5mm each !

yes there's not much to them so have I done the right thing in ordering more tamiya ones never thought to ask if there were any other choices or upgrades

There are no other thin ones I know of outside tamiya stock or "wide" versions

• Like 1

There are no other thin ones I know of outside tamiya stock or "wide" versions

great thank you :) I had put my wheel nuts on with loctite blue maybe had them to tight :(

Blue thread locker should help, not hurt, as you won't have to tighten the nut as much. Also look into serrated wheel nuts; the serrated surface will bite into the wheel plastic and work pretty well. This is common in 1/8 scale vehicles.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCCUU&P=7

I once tried to fit some Associated B44 hex hubs instead of replacement Tamiya hex hubs, but the cross pin diameter wasn't right. The standard and wide Tamiya hex hubs are the only two options as Percymon points out.

• Like 1

Blue thread locker should help, not hurt, as you won't have to tighten the nut as much. Also look into serrated wheel nuts; the serrated surface will bite into the wheel plastic and work pretty well. This is common in 1/8 scale vehicles.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCCUU&P=7

I once tried to fit some Associated B44 hex hubs instead of replacement Tamiya hex hubs, but the cross pin diameter wasn't right. The standard and wide Tamiya hex hubs are the only two options as Percymon points out.

Great thank you

Funny enough, Tamiyablog shows the following as coming available soon:

42282 TRF Series 4mm Serration Wheel Nut (Black 8 pcs.)
○ serration is applied to the bearing surface made ​​of steel, it is possible wheel nut tightening firmly wheel.
â—‹ Due to the high strength, possible to tighten the high clamping force in steel
â—‹ serration is applied to the bearing surface, I (hard to loose more than nylon nut) prevent loosening.
※ Due to the serration, it is hard to loose, wheel shaved, it is an item of expert direction.

I think the automated translation sounds a bit funny, but it's pretty clear what to do with serrated wheel nuts and what benefits they bring.

• Like 1

I read that as being a clamp-on hex. Is that what you are getting out of it? I would give anything to have clamp style hexes F&R for my DB01s.. I have to carry all of the pins and hexes, etc. in bags to the track which drives me nuts. At least with my AE car it is only one nut to get the tires on when they are prepped. I would also be thrilled to have standard 12MM hexes for my DB01 but I think that is wishful thinking :)

• Like 1

I like the hex front and pin rears on the Tamiya DB01, DB02 and TRF cars.

Having raced a DB01R for a good many years and then buying a TRF201 it was good my TRF wheels fit the rear.

and now racing a TRF502x with upgrade pack, guess what ....................... all my wheels fit ................. B)

saved me a small fortune having the hex front and pin rear .................. #'&%>?@)%"& awesome Tamiya thank you , brilliant !!!!!!!

I use the 4mm thick, 12mm hex for the touring cars on my Db01RR. Just had to dremel some. Wheels that fit are the Losi 22-4 front Wheels.

I use the 4mm thick, 12mm hex for the touring cars on my Db01RR. Just had to dremel some. Wheels that fit are the Losi 22-4 front Wheels.

Thanks for the info! It would be nice to use things I can inter-change with my AE stuff.

Thanks!