jkyamog

DB01 Durga and DB01RR Baldre build.

You may know this already Yello, so I apologize if you do. But if your tires are ballooning really bad, run a strip of duct tape around the inside of the tire between the tire and the foam and it will solve that problem.

To the OP, please don't buy Barcodes... They will last about 2 packs on asphalt before they are slicks.

>>>>> Yello <<<<<<

the DB01's droop is too much at the rear.

You must put 2 O rings in the rear shocks to reduce the droop.

If its lots of ground clearance you require, buy a truck !

So many people fail to understand the DB01 is a racing platform, not a basher !

Jumping the car is easy .............. if the car goes nose down apply power, if it is back end down ..... hit the breaks......... so simple !

• Like 1

I think based from what I read the Atomic Carbon towers is a good solution to use the TRF shocks w/o using spacers for a longer droop. I think the top mounts sits slightly lower than the stock DB01 rear shock tower.

One thing I don't like about the DB01 is its lack of droop. There's not enough down travel for the rear wheels because the shocks are not long enough or if the shocks are long enough the dogbones or CVAs are not long enough, one or the other. If I ever dust off my RCs and get back into running them, I'll consider replacing trying to max out the droop on the Db01. The lack of droop seems to be reason my DB01 would nosedive when going over a few bumps (the bumps would hit the ***-end of the chassis too easy and catapult the rear up...)

JeepnMike, I did not know that. Nice tip. I am unlikely to buy the Dirt Hawg, so far the shipping cost is more expensive than the tires. Dirt Hawg aren't cheap either. I was looking at the JC Barcodes on rcmart as it was medium compound. I don't run heavily on asphalts, mostly do it after rain. As it fun and the parks are either too muddy or has too much water. The front barcodes are for the 2WD, unsure if its too thin for the DB01 wheels... it looks alright but I am unsure. I might just buy a team C code tire, its not too expensive and hopefully its soft enough to have some grip and hard enough to last.

You may know this already Yello, so I apologize if you do. But if your tires are ballooning really bad, run a strip of duct tape around the inside of the tire between the tire and the foam and it will solve that problem.

To the OP, please don't buy Barcodes... They will last about 2 packs on asphalt before they are slicks.

Most of us just did not see on the DB01 manual...

Caution: Can only be used on race tracks, not for bashing

Kidding aside, some of us either don't have: time, budget or venue to race... your inputs are valuable and I hope we keep it constructive.

>>>>> Yello <<<<<<

Jumping the car is easy .............. if the car goes nose down apply power, if it is back end down ..... hit the breaks......... so simple !

• Like 2

It says JC bar codes 3017 (this is the 2WD version) is approx 30mm in width. Does this mean it would fit? As the tamiya kit cars is just 25mm in width? Medium (white compound) is available at rcmart, so maybe it would not be too bad.

The other practical option is Team C code tire. TF0202 and TR0401, again the front is marketed as 2wd.

>>>>> Yello <<<<<<

The DB01 makes a fantastic basher, the handling and pace make for great fun and it's a pretty tough platform.

Bash or race, its a great buggy :)

I have just received a hideously nasty email.

I no longer wish to participate, good bye and good luck everyone.

I have just received a hideously nasty email.

I no longer wish to participate, good bye and good luck everyone.

From who? If it's a forum member then you should probably report it to the mods..

Super Gripper, we had a lot of those anonymous e-mails in the past which were generated using the contact form on the TC main site. Regardless of this applies to your case or not, please report it to Twinset ASAP, so he can assist you.

Sadly this sort of thing happens from time to time - more often than not by some scroat on the outside.

If people aren't prepared to say things on the public forum (as constructive criticism or praise) then they should keep their thoughts to themselves ! :angry:

Super gripper

This is the situation I am trying to avoid. Again your inputs are valuable as I stated above, hope you still participate.

All,

This is a hobby, I know most of us are passionate about it. Lets just not get carried away, lets go back to discuss about the cars. Going back to topic, I need to decide if JC bar codes front will fit. I think it will, my rcmart shopping cart just keeps on growing every time I get back. Was supposed to only contain wheel and tires... help! Don't want to add another kit.

Ok ordered some JC bar codes medium, I will just wait a bit. In the mean time I just tweaked the Durga spring tensions a bit. This made it handle closer to what I want. Nice over steer turn in and controllable turn out.

Got out today on the bike track, with a bike and cars... My daughter was is on the cam doing the shots on the DB01. The RR big bores is more consistent on the double jumps, as sometimes the TRF bottoms a bit and is enough to upset it for the next jump. However the Durga on TRF I do prefer on the smaller jumps and sweeping turns, I feel its sharper.

DSC04911.jpg

DSC04953.jpg

And my turn on the cam, and her at the wheel

Its been a while since I visited tamiya club. Last sunday by DB01 was driven by my mom. Here is a video of it with her grand daughter driving a GF01. There is a also a guy flying a glider around the park.

• Like 1

Hi. Its been a while. My 2 DB01 is still being used, the Baldre getting some runs today with a GF01 and DF02.

• Like 1