padrc66

Porsche RSR rally (DF03RA)

hi, my 1st post so please be gentle :)

loved the look of the RSR but not impressed by the TT02 chassis so on a recent trip to china picked up a DF03RA and noticed that the RSR body was a 251mm wheelbase so would fit on the DF03 in short wheelbase form. also seemed a bit more practical for running around outside the house, etc. what do you think?

P1100126_zps96ce2d3d.jpg

P1100132_zpsc29997a4.jpg

P1100138_zps291df9a6.jpg

• Like 1

I like it! One piece of advice, though: get the body for the DF-03 buggy as an undertray/cover if you're going to run it offroad at all. Otherwise, it will fill up like a sandbox.

[edit]

I see the other body posts now with pins...looks like you're ahead of the game.

A set of Rally block tires and a dremel to smooth out those wheel archs would make that car look great.

thank you for the nice comments. I know what you mean about the wheel arches, do you just use a sanding drum on the Dremel or something else? thanks

I like to use a fibre polishing wheel rather than a sanding drum for lexan shells. It removes material more slowly, allowing for greater control and a neater end result.

Very cool! You can turn into Rothsmans 911 rally that was famous in the 80's

Very cool! You can turn into Rothsmans 911 rally that was famous in the 80's

Or the Martini one...

porsche-911-rally-01.jpg

For wheel archs I use a coarse sanding drum with the speed on the dremel turned way down. This gives you control but the power to take off material where you need to.

My vote is for a Rothmans rally car. Btw Vroom this is a Tamiya body. The car was released around last November.

Or the Martini one...

If you're going to go this way, I'd much prefer the silver painted livery of the stock RSR

image_zpse885f0f7.jpg

I use a rounded file like Vrdetailing and some folded or rolled up sand paper as a last step to get neat edges on lexan.

very nice! I am tempted to do DT02/03 with that body/wheels on. so it would handle like real Porsche.