mike_o

TT-02B / Neo Scorcher discussion

Thanks good info there, my order was getting on for £70, going to have to wait a few days before I get it on though as I have a few eBay items ending. I don't want to do it piecemeal though and just do it in one hit.

The turnbuckle and bearing kits are already ordered along with a servo. Seen a nice turnigy trackstar 4000kv combo I may get too and then there's a pair of 5000mah lipos. The list goes on.....

The tt-02b is an awesome 4WD buggy for the price. I added full turnbuckles, upgraded prop shaft, metal motor mount, df03 wheels, full uj's, DF02 metal diff gears and most importantly the alloy steering linkage to remove steering slop.

I stayed with a brushed motor (15 turn) and it really shifts.

Steve.

I built mine to a similar spec, but used FTX Vantage wheels and tyres, and went for alloy dog bones instead of universals. I went for 13.5t brushless power, which seems plenty quick enough for me!

I totally agree regarding the steering linkage - I used the GPM ballraced one on mine, and it works a treat.

I built mine to a similar spec, but used FTX Vantage wheels and tyres, and went for alloy dog bones instead of universals. I went for 13.5t brushless power, which seems plenty quick enough for me!

I totally agree regarding the steering linkage - I used the GPM ballraced one on mine, and it works a treat.

I used Jazzhobby's version which comes supplied with bearings. It made a heck of a difference. It's a very capable buggy when hopped up.

Fiddled with mine a bit today, trying out some gearing options. Still some ice today but I couldn't wait lol.

• Like 5

I'm thinking this might be my next Tamiya, I can run it guilt free in the spring and not worry about the salt on the roads. I used my xv-01 one spring in front of the house and it turned into a mess of rusty parts and seized bearings.

• Like 1

Fiddled with mine a bit today, trying out some gearing options. Still some ice today but I couldn't wait lol.

OK I had to stop watching that because each time the camera switched to the car whizzing up to the gate it made me jump! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Flipping eck that's quick ;)

• Like 1

The Neo Scorcher arrived yesterday. It's immediately donated it's Torque Tuned Motor to the Wildone and the Wildone has given up it's HobbyWing 1060 ESC and LRP 14x4 Motor.

Ordered the following hopups:

Jazrider Bearing set

Jazrider Alloy motor mount

Eagle Racing C-hub

Eagle Racing front knuckles

Eagle Racing 1 degree rear uprights

Eagle Racing Steering Crank set

Eagle Racing Graphite Rear Shock Tower

Eagle Racing Graphite Front Shock tower

Tamiya Adjustable Turnbuckle Kit

We'll start building once I get everything. This is stage 1, stage 2 will be:

Turnigy 4000kv Brushless motor

Hobbyking 60A ESC

Turnigy 5000mah 20c hardcase lipos

Think Stage 3 might involve:

Eagle racing CVD's front and rear.

Ball Diffs front and rear

For now I will be using Schumacer 30w Silicone Shock oil and use some Team Associated Silicone Diff oils 5000 in front and 3000 in rear (I think that's what i have left from my X1CR Pro) and see how it handles on the open diffs.

Since you are upgrading the power, what are you planning for the diffs? Full metal DF02, or Boondal-style reinforcing plate?

Standard diff's with silicone oil and if/when they explode I think I'll give the eagle racing ball diff's a go.

Using oil in the unsealed stock diffs is going to be a messy affair as it will leak out in no time. However you might be able to tune them with grease...

Using oil in the unsealed stock diffs is going to be a messy affair as it will leak out in no time. However you might be able to tune them with grease...

Just RTFM and seen this. The x1cr pro was a £400 kit though so not surprising it had sealed diff's.

Modified my tt-02b a bit today, although not intentionally lol, gps clocked it at 48mph shortly before something somewhere got loose or had been bent and the battery connector was broken, cutting brakes and it encountered a kerb at considerable speed. More parts needed!.

These were straight before I started lol.

bbits_zpsizvmvf9v.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like quite a collision. I'd be very interested to hear/see what other damage occurred, and how it compares to similar DF02 crashes.

Tamiya may as well just release a neo scorcher "empty box special edition" considering the amount of hop ups you guys buy :)

• Like 4

If this was another forum I would say "never mind, a bit of T Cut and that will polish out" not sure what the 1:10 alternative is.......

• Haha 1

lol yeah it should buff out!. I think I might have got quite lucky, its was pretty much head on so the impact was spread between the front bumper and the tyres, and the U shaped pin seems to have taken the brunt of it, I might just get away with replacing those parts, everything else seems ok but Its difficult to tell if one of the arms will need replaced until I put it back together. That's the second one of those U shaped pins I've ended up replacing, similar incident. It is the same part as the dt-03 uses up front which is handy for picking up spares.

I don't know how the prop shaft ended up so bent though!

Its a bit like reading tea leaves at the bottom of the cup though, the pile of broken parts, and the misshapen curves of the propshaft are telling me they need replaced and tried again with a 3s lipo instead this time :lol:

Got the bulk of my parts today so finished most of the build, just waiting on the alloy motor mount now. While I was building all the step screws were replaced with balls and there is hardly any slop in the suspension or steering.

Will get some paint on it Saturday and hopefully give it a run out Sunday.

The quality if the eagle racing parts seems really nice so I won't hesitate to get more from them if I need cvds and ball diff's. I built the diff's with a lot of anti wear grease to limit their action and it seems to have worked.

Quite a nice buggy this, just hope it won't rule out a Nova fox for my 40th later this year.

That will definitely buff out :lol: (the lining of your wallet from pulling the credit cards and cash out repeatedly).

Finished mine, going for box art along with the rest of my collection.

20150212_105520_zpsdzagg8nr.jpg

20150212_105529_zpsnwjvjxk2.jpg

20150212_105544_zpsfcecaenn.jpg

20150212_105611_zps1xwosgjm.jpg

20150214_131955_zpsipn0cgkc.jpg

20150214_132000_zpsprekakic.jpg

20150214_132009_zpsd2dqzxtm.jpg

With my eldest boy hobao hyper h2 pro, tamiya is better looking but I think the h2 will run rings round it.

20150214_132038_zps1eo5rwst.jpg

• Like 1

That looks very neat - all the shiney blue alloy ties in nicely with the boxart colours.