Sign in to follow this  
vrs55

How many non tamiyas do you own

All our cars are Tamiya, however my wife and I each own a 1/10 scale V24 powerboat with Graupner running gear.

Probably 2/3 of my cars are brands other than Tamiya: Associated, Kyosho, Nichimo, Losi, FSR, Parma, Bolink, Traxxas, Mardave, and Hyperdrive are all represented. And in the past i've owned many others. I like interesting design and good performance; I have no brand loyalty.

• Like 1

Associated:

RC10 Classic

SC10FT

B44.1 x 2

Axial SCX10

Yokomo YZ10

Yokomo BMax 2

Optima Mid Special

Lazer Sport

Lazer ZXRR

Sakura FGX

Sakura Zero S

Schumacher SX3

Durango DEX410R

Durango DNX408

JQ The Car Yellow Ed

Probably 2/3 of my cars are brands other than Tamiya: Associated, Kyosho, Nichimo, Losi, FSR, Parma, Bolink, Traxxas, Mardave, and Hyperdrive are all represented. And in the past i've owned many others. I like interesting design and good performance; I have no brand loyalty.

This.

I have:

Kyosho Optima Mid SE

Kyosho Javelin

Kyosho Optima

HPI WR8 Flux (everything I ever wanted in a car)

HPI Cup Racer (not as good as it should have been)

HPI Switch (perfectly fun with a Sport tuned, despite what you may have heard)

FTX Vantage, with alot of Tamiya parts installed and Schumacher parts too.

Traxxas Grave Digger 1/10 on its way to me :)

and also a Losi Mini Truggy for my son's 1st birthday present :) (i.e. I get to play with it while he chases it in the living room) :)

James

:)

Opps..I forgot to add my FTX Carnage and Edge to my list... I love my Carnage, it's a great Basher and a huge amount of fun!!

Oh and a couple of Losi 1:36th truggies :)

K

4 Tamiyas here, that's all. I have been tempted by others but I like the build process.

That's why I like RTR's.. get to do that twice kinda... as a rule I strip down my RTR's and then re-build with higher spec fittings etc and give the car a good service before I thrash the crap out of it... :D This also allows me to fit any hop ups id gotten at the same time.

K

I don't own non tamiya.

Max

My good man, you got to stop eating at McDonald only. You must try Burger King, Wendy, KFC, Taco Bell, Denny's, Subway...along with other fine dining. Put it another way... sushi everyday is boring, how about some Chinese, western or european dish.:-D

About 70% of my collection are Tamiya's .

20% will be Kyosho

The reset will be made up with AE, PB, Marui, Schumacher & few others.

Great reading the other makes of rc you guys have i am glad to have tried other makes as well as tamiya I have found the dex 210 rtr really good value for money for a 2wd buggy it comes with a speed passion brushless motor and esc all for £160

Don't get me wrong - I have tried other makes. I used to run a Yokomo touring car and buggy, until spares became an issue. I thought it ridiculous that I couldn't get parts for a chassis that was a few years old at that point, whereas spares were still available for Tamiyas released decades previously, so I switched back to Tamiya.

I also build and service models of all makes for friends and acquaintances. I just have no interest in owning them.

• Like 1

Just tamiya as that's what I grew up with, however I'm really tempted by the kyosho re release especially if they bring out the optima series. I did however promise my wife that I only had a wish yo get a set amount of tamiyas that I dreamed of owning as a child.

Not sure I could get away with buying from another brand.

Chris

Don't get me wrong - I have tried other makes. I used to run a Yokomo touring car and buggy, until spares became an issue. I thought it ridiculous that I couldn't get parts fora chassis that was a few years old at that point, whereas spares were still available for Tamiyas released decades previously, so I switched back to Tamiya.

I also build and service models of all makes for friends and acquaintances. I just have no interest in owning them.

Yes that's very true the spares for tamiya are great

XV Pilot, on 02 Jul 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:

Don't get me wrong - I have tried other makes. I used to run a Yokomo touring car and buggy, until spares became an issue. I thought it ridiculous that I couldn't get parts fora chassis that was a few years old at that point, whereas spares were still available for Tamiyas released decades previously, so I switched back to Tamiya.

I had the opposite problem staying up here in Aberdeen, I used to run and race a TA03R TRF and a TA03R-S TRF. Spares were pricey and always had to be ordered online taking days to arrive which was a real shame as I loved the TA03 series of cars to race with. I eventually switched to a Yokomo MR4SD SSG as my LHS was a yokomo supplier. Parts availability and prices were never an issue after that.

James

:)

Just 2 otherwise I would spend even more time and money on this addictive hobby.

25 Tamiya, 1 New Bright and a HPI Savage.

The New Bright my youngest daughter will not part with and I won't part with the HPI.

24 Tamiya now!

I got a Hobao H2 Pro buggy beside my Tamiya Lunchbox :)

I have a 1988ish monster beetle, which i wont part with...maybees, a baja champ, a ff01 beetle(for sale), a cut n shut mini from a tl01, a dt02 hopped up(prb my fave for fun) a ftx siege and a new bullet st nitro.

Sold my NIB Yokomo YZ-10 World Champion Special Mark Pavidis (stupid, I know, but the money was great) to get restarted with this hobby and got:

Losi 22

Losi Night Crawler

Redcat Sumo Micro Crawler (now with carbon chassis, brushless out runner and more)

Team Associated RC10 Classic

ABC Hobby Gambado - Honda CRX

Nikko (Tronico) Taifun

Kyosho Scorpion Re (next week)

(60 Tamiya)

I have none, for the simple fact that I had never seen nor heard of any of these buggys when I was a child so they don't really appeal to me.

As a kid my first hobby shop quality R/C was a frog so I've always been partial to Tamiya's. With that being said, there is just too much other stuff out there to just limit yourself to Tamiya. I honestly have no clue how many non Tamiya I have.

• Like 1

All my "nitro park":

-mantua model SG delta integrale (1994)

-mugen superathlete (1996)

-mugen mbx4

-mugen mbx6

-thunder tiger ts4-n

plus

-mugen mbx7 eco

-teamC TC02evo (with tamiya bigbore installed) :P

TC02_00053_zpse1848a88.jpg

• Like 1